Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/25/15

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/25/15

Post by JazzMaster »

Hello Gametoast :)

I'm stoked to say that i have made enough progress to post a WIP for my Cato Neimoida sky to ground map, which is loosely inspired by the events shown in the 5th season of The Clone Wars series.
The concept and gameplay are the same idea from my previous "Suun Ra: Desert City" map but has been improved and expanded on. The CIS/Neimoidian defenses must defend their city from the invading Republic task force sent to capture the planet. In true Cato Neimoidia fashion, the battle takes place on a city bridge hanging in between a mountainous arch high above the clouds.

Like my last sky to ground map there will be an intense dog fighting battle going on in the sky while infantry forces fight it out in the city with the addition of tanks and a walker on the Republic side.

Photos!! (OLD. TERRIBLE. View the latest photos Here)
Hidden/Spoiler:
There is still a a bit of work to do, and any suggestions and feedback are appreciated. :D
Last edited by JazzMaster on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Another ambtious map, looking good so far. Something I noticed in your last map is that there was quite a bit of units that resembeled each other setup wise. Though variety is something nice, I think you can benefit from either making unit set ups feel more unique or cutting down a little bit on the roster. I think that would help cut back on the file size a bit. Your last map had an epic feel when it came to star ship dog fights and thats something I hope carries over. I see your using some bespin assets and as a light suggestion maybe the whiter textures can be replaced with something that resembles the brown and grey textures from the other buildings. It doesnt blend in as well as it probaly should, but that is just my opinion.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Finally! This map is LONG overdue. And just FYI it also appears in Episode III. ;) My suggestions would be:
Include ARC-170's if you haven't already.
Reskin Ashoka to better fit the episode, along with giving her an extra saber. (Her offhand saber is yellow, BTW, it's kinda hard to tell.)
Include Plo Koon and his fighter.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Awesome! Can't wait!

I really hope to see Plo Koon + Jedi Starfighter as well as Oddball, as seen in Revenge of the Sith *cries*
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote: Something I noticed in your last map is that there was quite a bit of units that resembeled each other setup wise. Though variety is something nice, I think you can benefit from either making unit set ups feel more unique or cutting down a little bit on the roster. I think that would help cut back on the file size a bit.
I totally feel you on this. What i was thinking of doing was making the standard Trooper and Rocketeer's primary rifle's semi-automatic and have the support units be unlockable with their automatic weapons (btw none of the unit classes are going to have the crazy high point limits like my last map). either that or make the support have a more deadly fire rate and/or damage ratio.. Not sure yet but i definitely understand that those unit classes lack uniqueness regarding their primary weapons.

Not really sure yet about the Bespin textures, i kinda like how the stock white looks. Guess i wont know if i don't try though :P

Regarding Plo Koon and his fighter, it sounds like a cool idea but i don't think there is a Plo Koon jedi starfighter texture out there currently. I understand there is scene of cato neimoidia in Episode III but its so short that i dont think its worth it to make the map based around the whole order 66 theme. And i MIGHT add the arc-170. I'm kind of sick of it honestly :P Between the Clone z95 and the Y-wing i feel the potential roles it would play are already covered.

I was planning on giving ahsoka another saber. It just sucks that there aren't any custom saber hilts compatible with Aayla's Saber ODFs. They always show up in odd positions in game.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

looks great. But you need to make something with the ground texture and the streets. There is too much free area
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Wow. That looks so nice. I like how you did reskin the Naboo buildings and so on.
By the way make sure the collision of the few buildings are fixed. What I want to say is on most Naboo buildings there are unnecessary collision blocks above the roofs.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Another great looking map by our fellow Modder JazzMaster! This map does not look too bad at all and I will continue to follow this WIP in the days or weeks to come! I only have one question and sorry if someone asked this already but are you going to release a beta for this or will their only be a final release?
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

Oh yeah, finally a Cato Neimoidia map :bowdown:
I has worked on one too, but my looks a bit crappy :?
I think your screenshots looks great but like mentioned before
there is to much free space on the streets. Will you do a GCW era? maybe with starkiller as hero like in TFUII :D

offtopic: I think TFUII was way too short, but the Cato Nemoidia level was awesome!
Oswald1928
Private
Games I'm Playing :: DuckTales Remastered

Post by Oswald1928 »

Wow, looks amazing! Love the AT-TE and the Ahsoka (Is this the first time we've seen her in a map?). I do agree on retexturing some of the Bespin assets (Particularly in shots like #3 and 4) and making some variety in the units. Perhaps a melee type? I've seen a few Nemodian Swordfighters before...
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Is it just me, or is Ahsoka missing part of her mid-section?
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

I gave the ground a new texture and gave the bespin assets that are being used a darker hue. Also, i added more props for cover including a bunch of abandoned speeders:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Still need to fix the collision for most of the smaller naboo buildings. A lot of them dont have any collision dude to a failed previous attempt at fixing them. :oops:
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:are you going to release a beta for this or will their only be a final release?

I will ask for volunteers for a private beta once i make a bit more progress with the map.
CommanderCody wrote: Will you do a GCW era? maybe with starkiller as hero like in TFUII :D
Yes i will and it will most likely be TFU inspired, using the militia elite and saboteur models among others, but i was thinking General Kota for the hero instead. :wink:

I'm also planning on adding Anakin's Republic Commando custom Era, if space and size will let me.

And Jimmy, i thought her midsection looked okay, but her arms/shoulders look a bit strange. It's the only Ahsoka model i've found for battlefront.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

mh i think on the screenshot is something of asoka missing, too. i like the texture updates.

I don't want to compare your map with this one, but have a look at this wip thread: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=30061
THe streets are a bit smaller and it looks more like a city than an wide area with some buildings around it. I don't want to say your map looks like an wide area with some buildings around it, but maybe you can add some sideway or something like that around the pillars and springs. (actualy i have no idea if Cato looks that way i never saw pics of it, but i think it would look gread :D)

==EDIT==

have you seen this: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/A ... ano;112139
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

This looks even better than Suun Ra! I especially like the first screenshot, could be in the show!
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

I feel like designing sidewalks for this map will be a bit tedious due to the shape of the map. I dont really want to start moving whole ai plans and changing the set up of the city for that because it has a great flow to the gameplay the way its set up currently and I would rather build off of that. It's cool because each team usually takes the command posts opposite of each other on opposite sides of the main road and it creates this really intense deadlock between both sides trying to defend from enemies crossing from the opposite side and from enemies coming down the main road with the tanks/walkers.

And no, i havent seen that Ahsoka model! It looks like the Ahsoka i'm using was converted from that one(not that great of a conversion.. all though i probably couldnt have done any better myself). I've never edited a player model successfully though, let alone convert one from JKA.

Really appreciate the feedback guys. I hope to have more updates to show you soon, most likely this upcoming weekend. (gotta focus on college during the week :P)
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

About freakin' time that we finally see a Cato Neimoidia map! Looks great!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

JazzMaster wrote: [...]

I've never edited a player model successfully though, let alone convert one from JKA.

[...]
it's realy not difficult. You realy should try it. There are realy not many actives here on GT who makes great XSI models, so we would realy need some new moders that try to become better with XSI.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Ahsoka!!! Neimoidians!! OMG this is awesome haha :faint:
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

I take back what i said about the sidewalks. They still need some work texture wise. There is still some horrible stretching going on but over all they make the map look a hell of a lot better.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anakin wrote:
it's realy not difficult. You realy should try it. There are realy not many actives here on GT who makes great XSI models, so we would realy need some new moders that try to become better with XSI.
Okay okay i will try it. :D But first i want to get the landing/takeoff animations made for y-wing and z95.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

:D nice

Maybe you can make the sturcture of the floor different, too.
Hidden/Spoiler:

About the z95 i made some texture improvements, so if you want i can send it to you ;)

==EDIT==

i send you the link.

Changes:
tryed to add all of your texture changes to my texture,
new body texture,
some UVing fixes,
add UVing to low_res model,
fixed some shadow/colision things,