Fallout

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: Fallout

Post by CressAlbane »

You mentioned earlier about having to go through a clean install for testing the mod. If you'd like, I help can test it out when you're at that stage since I currently have no mods installed. I've also never played The Last Of Us and I'm not really knowledgeable about various types of firearms, so I'd be a viewpoint from that side of the spectrum.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by REivEN »

A little update on Jane. Not sure if i should use a haircut i got permission for or just a vanilla haircut.
So i added/deleted some parts of the _hl.dds alpha channel for the vanilla hair.

And these are the results-
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
EDIT: Btw that armor will not be included in the mod if anyone is asking :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

It's hard for me to form an opinion since I'll just change it to whatever I want in the GECK anyway. So whatever you think looks best.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Jane looks great! also what did you mean by you needed permission for a haircut. Was the haircut made by a different mod maker?
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by REivEN »

TikiXFIP wrote:Jane looks great! also what did you mean by you needed permission for a haircut. Was the haircut made by a different mod maker?
Yes it was made by another mod author, but i requested permission from the original author from Oblivion who made that hair and i asked if i could use the hair if i port it to New Vegas myself.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Hey everyone while rolling around on youtube I found this really great youtuber named MrMattyplays. Hes relevant to this page because hes does fallout lore videos and such. He also has a pretty funny series called stories from high school or thats what I think it is called at least. Heres the link to his channel check him out :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMattyPlays
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

You miss me? :3

Been revving up FIO into something I'm becoming proud of.

New Features:
  • Headshots now do lethal damage (4x), limb shots have greatly reduce damage (0.4-0.6x).
  • Weapons can be repaired with misc items like Duct Tape, Abraxo, Gun Oil(new), etc.
  • Conventional firearms now have new accurate sounds specific to the ammunition they are chambered in.
  • Some reloading sounds have been replaced with more accurate ones.
  • As part of the effort to revamp the survival mechanics I've added many new cooking items, including but not limited to; Sugar, Baking Soda, Vegetable Oil, and Salt.
  • Adding new food items including Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potato, Uncooked Ramen, Brahmin Butter, Brahmin Cheese, and more.
  • Added new drinks; Apple Juice, Brahmin Milk.
  • Adding new non-addictive drugs to compliment the existing painkillers; Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Acetaminophen.

When I'm finally done, the cooking mechanics will put Obsidian to shame.

Just to start, you can't really eat uncooked food anymore. This includes Blamco Mac and Cheese, Instamash, Maize, and the newly added Ramen. You have to cook those things into Mac and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Noodles (stock). Most food requires cooking utensils as well.

Mac and Cheese requires:
  • Blamco Mac and Cheese x1
  • Water Purified x1
  • Metal Cooking Pot
Mashed Potatoes requires:
  • Instamash x1
  • Water Purified x1
-OR-
  • Potato x1
  • Brahmin Butter x1
Ramen Noodles requires:
  • Ramen x1
  • Water Purified x1
  • Metal Cooking Pot
And now that I've got most of the ingredients done, I'm going to start add more complex foods as well. As an example,

Corn Bread will require:
  • Corn Meal x1
  • Flour x1
  • Sugar x1
  • Baking Soda x1
  • Brahmin Milk x1
  • Vegetable Oil x1
  • Applesauce x1
Making complex food like this will yield large quantities of high quality food. Corn Bread will require level 50 Survival.

But I'm not done. I also intend to add a system of augmenting foods to increase its quality. As an example, adding salt and/or cheese to Brahmin Steak. Or as another example, cooking steak with Brahmin Butter and Jalapenos.

And to prove I'm not just spouting a load of words without anything to back them up...
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Holy Cow wulf that is in incredible :0 . Do you have a date in mind that this mod wil become available?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

No idea. Especially if I keep adding features. I'll definitely keep you updated though.

I'm going to try and add more sounds for when you eat food items. Just recorded me eating an apple and threw it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXbblp9MvQ
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Is anyone else feeling like theres gonna be a fallout related announcmemt at E3. If you have been keeping up with the fallout related news like I have there has been a serious increase in fallout related media from Ron Pearlmans tweets to the list of possibpy returning characters. What do you guys think?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I doubt it. It's not impossible, but I'm not holding my breath.

So to give an update to FIO's progress.

-All conventional firearms use accurate fire sounds to the round they are chambered in.
-All rounds now travels at accurate speeds.
-All guns use accurate magazine sizes now.
-Added variants of some weapons that are chambered in different rounds.

The 357 Magnum Revolver is the Colt Single Action Army. This revolver was chambered in many different rounds. I've added .22LR and .44 Special variants. .44 Special is not to be confused with .44 Magnum. You can fire .44 Special in guns chambered in .44 Magnum, but not vice-versa. The reason being is that the .44 Magnum is a longer cartridge than the .44 Special.

.44 Magnum on the left, .44 Special on the right.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The N99 10mm Pistol is based loosely on the Desert Eagle, so I added .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum variants.

The Marksman Carbine is the Colt Model 933 M4 Commando. I added the semi-automatic civilian Walther Arms M4 Ops chambered in .22LR.

The Trail Carbine is the Marlin Model 1894P. I added the Marlin Model 1894C chambered in .357 Magnum.

The Varmit Rifle is the Mossberg MVP Predator. I added the .308 variant.

The Hunting Rifle is the Winchester Model 70. I added the .223/5.56mm variant.

The Cowboy Repeater is the Winchester 1886. I rechambered it to its accurate round, .45-70.

All of the above guns have been added to my new leveled lists. I haven't added them to vendor lists yet.

The 9mm Pistol is the Browning Hi-Power Mk II. I added a unique automatic variant, placed somewhere in the wasteland. I based it off of someone's Hi-Power modified to fire full auto.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

TikiXFIP wrote:Is anyone else feeling like theres gonna be a fallout related announcmemt at E3. If you have been keeping up with the fallout related news like I have there has been a serious increase in fallout related media from Ron Pearlmans tweets to the list of possibpy returning characters. What do you guys think?
I hope so, but like I told you earlier....They may try and turn it into an MMO like the Elder Scrolls Online. That would suck....
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

I seriously doubt it would be an mmo considering how busy they are with elder scrolls online.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

The Elder Scrolls Online is not made by Bethesda Game Studios. It's made by ZeniMax Online Studios, a developer put together in 2007 for the purpose of making ESO.

Thus Bethesda's time is not being taken up by ESO.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

The Elder Scrolls Online is not made by Bethesda Game Studios. It's made by ZeniMax Online Studios, a developer put together in 2007 for the purpose of making ESO.

Thus Bethesda's time is not being taken up by ESO.

Oh I didnt know that but regardless the company as a whole is gonna be busy and also now that screenshot of someone working on it was released now :P
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Still have to render it but I've put together a video showcasing the new weapon sounds and how the new damage system works.

In the meantime, I'm adding Damage Threshold Reduction values to all rounds.

Here's a table with some of them. I tried to make it accurate in terms of which rounds penetrate more than others.

TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Nice and whats your plan for sound effects and damage for energy weapons or are they going to be kept the same?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I might change energy weapon sounds if I can make some cool logical ones.

Here's the video I made. Enjoy. Or don't. Image is a link.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

And what about the damage for energy weapons? Are they going to be really powerful or really weak?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Energy weapons are really powerful, but require high maintenance and their ammo costs a lot.

Gauss Rifles are insane currently. Might need to balance them more.