HOW TO: Mod EAW in Notepad!

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

HOW TO: Mod EAW in Notepad!

Post by guru »

People with notepad or a hex editor (look on google for a free one) load it up and locate the config file here :

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data

its called config.MEG

once it open use the apps your in FIND function and type :

demo camp

which looks like :
<!--************************************DEMO CAMPAIGN******************************************--> once your there

you will be sent to demo campaign area for eaw

This is the area to edit for Single player hoth ---> tatooine map in conquest.

In this tutorial youll edt cashflow!

If you want more money : locate this line a few space down :

<Starting_Credits> Rebel, 20000 </Starting_Credits>

put any amount you want up to 99999999999 but the only thing you have to watch for on modding this game is FILE SIZE. IT must be 11122354 bytes when you save it.

What does this mean :

You need to delete some of the ******** as posted above to compensate for however many numbers you add over the original amount.

How can I be sure?

Its basic, if you see 5 numbers for the credits amount make sure you have 5 numbers when your done. you can turn 20000 into 99999 and not have to alter anything else. But if you want 9999999 you added 2 character so you need to remove 2 from somewhere else that isnt needed. In this case the ******** in the demo campain header are easy to remove.

Lucasarts loves to have dev teams put silly crc in games.
Just make sure your file is 1112354 and your good to go. Load the game on single players like normal and youll have your new toys.

Be creative you can use all 3 maps in the tut. Kashyyk, tatooine and twilekland, use locals like wookies, bounty hunters, pirate faction ships and anything else.

Its easier in hexedit program due to 11mb filesize but in general make backups and you can keep doing trial and error till you get it! Ill try to get a nice pop cap killer out tonight.

Happy modding!
Jeteye1

RE: HOW TO: Mod EAW in Notepad!

Post by Jeteye1 »

I opened it in notepad and changed 40000 to 99999 and then tried to play EAW but it said there was an error and I had to reinstall. What am I doing wrong?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

RE: HOW TO: Mod EAW in Notepad!

Post by guru »

40000? must have not been in the demo campain area. Mkae sure its just under that which i listed above.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

apps? find? can you tell me how to do that stuff. i can't get it. WHAT THE HELL IS APPS. Okay, this is really pissing me off now.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

you probably just press [ctrl + f], and it should bring up a 'find' window where you can search for a word.
if not, try edit>find...
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

40000? must have not been in the demo campain area. Mkae sure its just under that which i listed above.
I already had another mod in effect that gave me more $$$. Maybe the mod made it crash.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

could be. THere are hundreds of mods out now for the demo. Some as imperials , some with all planets , all vehicles etc... Im ready for the full version myself. hehe.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

THank you. YEYEYEYEYYE