Every stock SWBF2 & SWBF1 sound effect

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Every stock SWBF2 & SWBF1 sound effect

Post by giftheck »

AceMastermind wrote:
Teancum wrote:...are you saying they're worth just ripping in MFAudio?
No, you can hear and recognize the audio but it's useless because there's too much noise.
Yes, indeed. So far, this method of ripping only works on the PS2 version. The coders of MFAudio only designed it to work on PS2 games, and possibly XBox games (I haven't tried XBox games with it though, so don't quote me on that).

Actually, if it DOES work on Xbox games, you might be able to pull better streams from that... IIRC the streams are encoded in the same rate for both PC and XBox versions.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

All of the Xbox sounds are encoded in a variant of XADPCM (the Xbox standard codec). I have tools that could work with that, but I'd much rather just try my method described HERE and have high-quality PC sounds to work with. I've had zero time to try it as family keeps me busy, but so long as I can play the audio in-game on queue it should be an easy way to extract it. And with my method I'm dumping the VO name to BFront2.log as I go, which means I can match up the waveform with the name easily later on.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Republic VO from the PS2 version: http://www.mediafire.com/?em236294e9e2egp

Imperial VO: http://www.mediafire.com/?35dvl55gxh6gfui
Imperial VO Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?y04306773xinbxa
Imperial VO Officer: http://www.mediafire.com/?d90z2bzw1fxm26o

Native VO: http://www.mediafire.com/?yl6448vqzwtbqz1

I'll be editing this post as and when.

That's all she wrote for tonight. I'l get the Alliance VO up tomorrow.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now

Post by Ginev »

I need and the Cis volumes.Thanks alot btw. :)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

As promised, the final part containing the Alliance VO:

Alliance Vo PT1: http://www.mediafire.com/?kv886lv8b5z971a
Alliance VO PT2: http://www.mediafire.com/?9h2b965ews5q04n
Alliance Sniper VO: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzabu4ag0573y1v
Alliance Wookie VO: http://www.mediafire.com/?en3mdevidcdl588

And with that, all the VO from the PS2 version is uploaded. Enjoy, guys.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Thanks for this. I just finished ripping all the effects and now I'm going back through to resample the ones that need to be 44100khz. I missed about a dozen files that I just couldn't find in the stream, but I have almost 1,300 files that were split out.

@ggctuk -- What frequency does the PS2 version store the music at? I have to rip that, too, in order to rebuild the Xbox LVLs.

@Marth and WULF -- do you guys have any of these sounds in your rips? They're the ones I missed.
Hidden/Spoiler:
======================== MISSING (CAN'T FIND) =========================
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_large01.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_large02.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_medium01.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_medium02.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_small01.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320
..\..\global\effects\exp_verydistant_small02.wav -resample xbox 320 pc 320

====================== MAY BE WRONG/MISSING ======================
..\..\global\effects\com_blg_commandpost_capture.wav -resample ps2 14000
..\..\global\effects\com_blg_commandpost_charge.wav -resample ps2 16000 xbox 22050 pc 22050
..\..\global\effects\com_blg_commandpost_discharge.wav -resample ps2 16000 xbox 22050 pc 22050
..\..\global\effects\com_blg_commandpost_lost.wav -resample ps2 14000
..\..\global\effects\wpn_forceLightning_lp_Sml.wav lightning_small -resample ps2 16000 xbox 16000 pc 44100
..\..\global\effects\wpn_forceLightning_lp_med.wav lightning_med -alias ps2 lightning_small -resample xbox 16000 pc 44100
..\..\global\effects\wpn_forceLightning_lp_long.wav lightning_large -alias ps2 lightning_small -resample xbox 16000 pc 44100
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

It's impossible to tell if we have the explosions you need, and we haven't found anything related to the Command Post(they could be in my half of the sounds though and I'd never know till I get there). Not sure if we found the force lightning(I know I found the thunder/lightning sounds used on Kamino), don't think so.

I ended up getting so busy I couldn't work on my half anymore, despite having so much done already. My mom got sick, like the kind of sick that puts you in the hospital, so I've had my hands full. Then when I do find time to mod, the need for me to finish my half of the sounds doesn't feel very important anymore considering [Teancum] is doing them himself. And I also had to do other things for Unification I felt were more important.

So the reason I haven't gotten them done isn't because I'm lazy and playing games and/or working on my own mods.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:@ggctuk -- What frequency does the PS2 version store the music at? I have to rip that, too, in order to rebuild the Xbox LVLs.
IIRC, BF2's audio on the PS2 version is stored as 44100Hz. In MFAudio, to rip it I used the following settings:

File Format: RAW - Raw sound data - Compressed ADPCM
Frequency: 44100 Hz
Samples: 16 bits
Channels: 2
Interleave (Hex): 4000
Offset (Hex): 17F81800

I wouldn't recommend ripping with other tools such as Cube Media Player. Although they are good, they cut off a good second from the end of each file.

(To those of you who also want to try ripping the music streams, those I wouldn't advise posting here. Sony gets touchy sometimes with regards to the music. Plus, in RAW wave format, I remember the entire output being several GB in size.)

Also, as for your missing SFX, I found some of them. Their bitrate is 320Hz, so they are too fast. You guys might have dismissed them as buzzing noise or something. My pack did include four of the explosion SFX but I never got any further.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

ggctuk wrote:Also, as for your missing SFX, I found some of them. Their bitrate is 320Hz, so they are too fast. You guys might have dismissed them as buzzing noise or something. My pack did include four of the explosion SFX but I never got any further.
If you can get those please let me know. I'll add them to my list. Almost everything is ripped perfect. BTW, I've got the SWBF1 VO fro, PS2 ripped to one large file, but the REP/CIS vo is still a bit fuzzy. It's playing at 22050, but sounds about 11025 in quality.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Also, as for your missing SFX, I found some of them. Their bitrate is 320Hz, so they are too fast. You guys might have dismissed them as buzzing noise or something. My pack did include four of the explosion SFX but I never got any further.
If you can get those please let me know. I'll add them to my list. Almost everything is ripped perfect. BTW, I've got the SWBF1 VO fro, PS2 ripped to one large file, but the REP/CIS vo is still a bit fuzzy. It's playing at 22050, but sounds about 11025 in quality.
My original pack has four of them (the small and medium distant ones). I'll try to get the other two and upload them separately so you have them.

EDIT: It seems that the large very-distant explosion SFX don't actually exist in either the SWBF1 or SWBF2 common sound effects files.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

SWBF2 SOUND EFFECTS! All 1,303 of them!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5l2olxy1cr84cm1

Music and mediocre-quality VO are coming later. Hopefully in the meantime someone can figure out how to rip higher-quality VO.
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Battlefront One and a Half

Post by jdee/barc »

http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

my reaction.
Now I know what I will do on this glorious day.

Quick question: Do you know by any chance which sound is the engine effect for the imperial shuttle?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

There are three that are played over one another depending on the speed. They're in \cw\effects and are eng_v-wing_low_lp.wav, eng_repgunship_mid_lp.wav, and eng_repgunship_hi_lp.wav.
ggctuk wrote:IIRC, BF2's audio on the PS2 version is stored as 44100Hz. In MFAudio, to rip it I used the following settings:

I used that interleave on the PS2 SWBF1 music and while that's as close as it gets there's still a repeating "chop" in the music. Do the SWBF2 sounds have that?

**EDIT**

Looks like it's been ripped before, or at least some of it. It's on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErCd-_J ... EA9D220C8F

Anyone interested can just use http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ then convert the MP3 back to WAV, renaming it to the original file. That'll probably produce a better soundtrack than a rip. This is really great, actually, as it means there's only a handful of level-specific ambient streams that we haven't as a community ripped yet.

***EDIT #2***

Just finished ripping (to individual, correctly named files) all SWBF1 VO. I'm not going to upload it until I get done with the individual level stream sounds, but it's a major milestone. Should be fun if someone wants to have Temura Morrison as their clone announcer on their map.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:There are three that are played over one another depending on the speed. They're in \cw\effects and are eng_v-wing_low_lp.wav, eng_repgunship_mid_lp.wav, and eng_repgunship_hi_lp.wav.
ggctuk wrote:IIRC, BF2's audio on the PS2 version is stored as 44100Hz. In MFAudio, to rip it I used the following settings:

I used that interleave on the PS2 SWBF1 music and while that's as close as it gets there's still a repeating "chop" in the music. Do the SWBF2 sounds have that?

**EDIT**

Looks like it's been ripped before, or at least some of it. It's on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErCd-_J ... EA9D220C8F

Anyone interested can just use http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ then convert the MP3 back to WAV, renaming it to the original file. That'll probably produce a better soundtrack than a rip. This is really great, actually, as it means there's only a handful of level-specific ambient streams that we haven't as a community ripped yet.
The BF2 music doesn't, and I managed to extract all the tracks at one point (I no longer have all of them - at the time I was using them for something else and the OT music was the same as the albums anyway). Not all the BF1 music has it, but given that the majority of it comes straight from the albums anyway, it should be easy to replicate a few of the tracks that have those pops in them.

Many BF2 rips are out there, although most were done in Cube Media Player, which cuts out the last second of each file for some reason. This one kind of sounds like a line-in recording so it avoids that.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I've got that done completely and all split up, by the way. :thumbs:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:I've got that done completely and all split up, by the way. :thumbs:
Cool! You beat me to the punch :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

So I've given up on trying to rip the streams from SWBF1/2. I figured out that I could just rip out the munged chunk of streams from the SWBF1 lvl files and reuse them by sticking them in the proper build folder. If anyone's interested in those chunks I can upload them, but really they're only of use if you want to have the same exact ambient streams and music as a particular SWBF1 map (which I do for the Xbox mod).

That being said, here is the entire set of SWBF1 VO (all split up into nice neat files), since I won't be ripping the rest of the SWBF1 effects/streams.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1cz75846i0ltw2

EDIT
Hate to necropost, but has anyone had any real luck ripping streams? I'm still in need of help in that department. It's pretty much the thing that's holding the Xbox mod progress back.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Nope. I plan on doing it for the environmental streams the old fashioned way like tomorrow or something though. I need them for vacation mod! :o
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Naboo Otoh Gunga
Games I'm Playing :: swbf 1

Post by sereja2 »

It's cud be nice, if somebody try to separate those huge, mixed sound files, and release them, as ready for the game modding, wav files, so, I cud just put them, in to the Sound folder...