Enabling VisualMunge to Access Your Battlefront Folder (FAQ)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Enabling VisualMunge to Access Your Battlefront Folder (FAQ)

Post by CressAlbane »

As mentioned in the FAQ/Everything You Need To Know Thread, VisualMunge can have problems pasting your final munged map into the correct location if you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
Teancum wrote:Question #6 - I'm using Vista or Windows 7 and I munged my new map but it isn't showing up here:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon
so where is it?
Answer - Your newly munged map might have been copied to this location:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon
or click on the Compatibility Files button in the Addon folder.

There is a way to fix this. You will need administrator permission. First, browse to where your Star Wars Battlefront 2 folder is located. For example, mine is in C:\\Program Files\LucasArts. Next, right-click the folder and select, "Properties." In the pop-up window, click on the "Security" tab. For the groups "SYSTEM" and "Users," check the boxes for read and write. You could also check "Full control" if you want. Now click "Apply."

That's it! VisualMunge should now be able to access the folder. I'll try to get some pictures later.

written on request of Zerted; I hope it's good enough!