Help a noob-Conversion Pack 2.0 Download Help [Solved]

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Achromatic
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Help a noob-Conversion Pack 2.0 Download Help [Solved]

Post by Achromatic »

let me first start out buy saying, im a noob. Battlefront 2 is the first PC game i've owned and this is the first mod I've ever downloaded.

I downloaded BF2 from steam and tried to download the conversion pack as well from this link:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/11856698 ... taller.exe

Im on Windows 7. I downloaded the mod to (Program Files x86)-(Steam)-(Steamapps)-(Common)-(star wars battlefront ii)-(GameData)-(addon)

I created the addon folder, FYI
I didnt have to unzip any files
I downloaded 1.3 patch before hand

THE PROBLEM: My game appears unchanged.

Some questions:
Did I download it to the correct folder?
Did i download the right version of the pack?
After I download the pack to the correct folder, whats the next step? (how do i get it in the game?)

Any help will be appreciated
I've searched all over the internet and didnt find any problems similar to mine, so i decided to make this thread. I realize this is a very basic stuff but as i said before, im basically a PC gaming/Mod idiot.
Thanks for reading
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Help a noob-Conversion Pack 2.0 Download Help

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

There should be a folder that the mod downloaded to your Star Wars Battlefront II folder called "Conversion Pack Documentation."
If I remember correctly, there should be a Word document in there labelled "Conversion Pack Help" and in that document should be a FAQ similar to "my game appears unchanged".
Achromatic
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Help a noob-Conversion Pack 2.0 Download Help

Post by Achromatic »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:There should be a folder that the mod downloaded to your Star Wars Battlefront II folder called "Conversion Pack Documentation."
If I remember correctly, there should be a Word document in there labelled "Conversion Pack Help" and in that document should be a FAQ similar to "my game appears unchanged".
I did that and it told me to manually install it using these guide lines:
How to do a "manual install"

1) Find the directory you've installed "Star Wars Battlefront 2" into (this is usually in Program Files\LucasArts)

2) Open the folder "Star Wars Battlefront 2"; then open the folder "GameData."

3) Once all files have been extracted from the installer, you should have 5 folders: a "DATA" folder, an "addon" folder, a "v1.3patch" folder, a "Conversion Pack documentation" folder, and a "backups" folder.

4) Cut and paste all five folders into the "GameData" folder you have open.

That's all you need to do. Enjoy!

I did that, and nothing happened.

EDIT
Not sure if im double posting or not (I think i am sorry) but i reinstalled everything and it worked thanks for your help!!!

Really weird that it didnt work the first time...

Anyway thanks for your help and thanks to this mods makers for getting me hooked on pc gaming and making an awesome mod!!