Help with uninstalling the Conversion pack 2.0?

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Ghost265
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Help with uninstalling the Conversion pack 2.0?

Post by Ghost265 »

I kinda got annoyed with some things that were added in the convo pack, so I tried to uninstall it. I found the file for help that was metioned on filefront and followed it's instructions and double checked on each step. I went back to BF2, and some things weren't uninstalled. Like the small box in the bottom left corner is still there saying if it is a real BF2 map, and all of them are.. so it is hard to type in commands now. And the character models are still there, which the Clone Commander is hard to cooperate with because it flashes back and forth from the original to the new one. A few more problems follow, but I won't go into that. Can you please help me remove these problems?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Help with uninstalling the Conversion pack 2.0?

Post by AQT »

The things you mentioned aren't related to the Conversion Pack but rather the unofficial 1.2/1.3 patch. I suggest just doing a clean reinstallation of the game.
Ghost265

Post by Ghost265 »

The thing is, I can't. My friend is using the CD at the moment and I am running it without a disk. If I were to uninstall it, I would have to wait a few months because I don't know the next time I can see him. Also, if the things I mentioned were not in the convo pack, then did the convo include those patches? Because the only things I have installed for BF2 are the convo pack and patch 1.1. If so, are they removeable without reinstallation?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Okay, do you have a folder in your addon named "AAA-v1.3patch"?
Ghost265

Post by Ghost265 »

I did, but I deleted that... it still did not help.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Okay, here's the deal, you're going to have to reinstall the 1.3 patch. I know it sounds like a hassle, but trust me on this one.

Use this: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;95405

Okay when that's done, go into the AAAv1.3-patch folder, and click on menu.bat. There should be an option that says "Uninstall v1.3 patch." That should clean up the side changes and everything.

If that doesn't work, a clean reinstall of the game is the only thing that'll get it off.