Install issues conversion pack 2 (windows 7)

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Pyros24

Install issues conversion pack 2 (windows 7)

Post by Pyros24 »

Hi all,
i'm new here and i've tried to find an answer to my problem via google etc but no go.

I am installing swbf pack first I tried to install it to my steam version of SWBF2 (clean install) it installed but no change to game and 1.3 didn't look like it installed, I bought a new none steam version clean install etc same issue, i'm thinking it may be an issue with my system
windows 7 64.

What i've tried
1)Clean installs
2)Double and tripple check of install location
3)Redownload of pack
4)DVD version of SBF2 its already 1.1

The error I get when I manually run the patch manually is this

C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\v1.3patch>men
u

Checking Windows XP
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
Checking Windows Vista 32bit
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
Checking Windows Vista 64bit
You should have two registry key errors above this line. You can safly ignore t
hem.
\LucasArts\Star was unexpected at this time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\v1.3patch>

Any help greatfully recieved really want to try this.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Install issues conversion pack 2 (windows 7)

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Try this version of the 1.3 patch. Works with Windows 7...
http://zerted.getmyip.com/swbf2/res/SWB ... %20129.exe
Pyros24

Post by Pyros24 »

Wooti! yes it does, now I just bought 4 of my friends SW BF2 so we can all have some fun together
jfran1964
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jfran1964 »

i having this problem too but when i click on the website you put in the reply, i couldn't find it
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

He was linking to the 1.3 r129 shell mod which you can find here:
forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14483
jfran1964

Post by jfran1964 »

thanks, this work
Anduril7

Post by Anduril7 »

Hello, I'm new to the site. I just downloaded the Conversion pack 2.0 and 2.2 mods. A Huge thank you to the team that developed this mod. They did a great job, I used to dream of playing on maps from the first Battlefront with the added gameplay elements of the sequel.

When I launched the game after Installing 2.0 (before 2.2) I could see and use the new maps that were added but not the new modes or factions. After reading the readme included with the download I followed the advice as follows:

I installed the Pack fully, but I can’t see the KotOR era or any new game modes.

There is a small chance that the 1.3 Patch installed incorrectly. You should proceed to the Gametoast Conversion Pac forum (http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=39) and seek support there. In the meantime, there are backups of the files you need to make the new era and new gamemodes appear in GameData\backups. Copy all three files from there (ingame.lvl, shell.lvl, and common.lvl), go to your Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC folder, and paste them in there (allow overwriting).

I followed the directions and copied over the three files, and the new factions and modes showed up after that. I then installed 2.2 with no issue, my question is after copying "ingame.lvl, shell.lvl, and common.lvl" to the appropriate folder is there anything else I need to do to make sure the mod runs fine? Do I need to reinstall it to make sure 1.3 was correctly installed? Or are the steps I took in transferring the backup files the equivalent to reinstalling the mod?

Thanks so much!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Anduril7 wrote:I followed the directions and copied over the three files, and the new factions and modes showed up after that. I then installed 2.2 with no issue, my question is after copying "ingame.lvl, shell.lvl, and common.lvl" to the appropriate folder is there anything else I need to do to make sure the mod runs fine? Do I need to reinstall it to make sure 1.3 was correctly installed? Or are the steps I took in transferring the backup files the equivalent to reinstalling the mod?

Thanks so much!
Don't worry about following those specific directions. Install the version of the 1.3 patch linked to by AceMastermind two posts above. It uses both a more recent version and an easier-to-manage installer.
Anduril7

Post by Anduril7 »

Thanks Mav, I really appreciate the help!
whytho
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by whytho »

Hello I had the same issue and I installed the new v1.3 patch and I see campaign as a new gamemode but don't see the new maps. Any ideas?