Last Days WIP Thread - HS updates

Work-in-progress and discussion for the "Last Days" map pack.

Moderator: Moderators

sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Re: Last Days WIP Thread (update 27 july)

Post by sim-al2 »

Lagomorphia wrote:
only affect clones
What about organic heros?
They will affect everyone with a human health (which includes clones and heros). There's no way to change how different units with the same health type are affected.

The new unit set up is great Sky! LD is defineltly looking good. :thumbs:
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Sky_216 »

sim-al2 wrote:
Lagomorphia wrote:
only affect clones
What about organic heros?
They will affect everyone with a human health (which includes clones and heros). There's no way to change how different units with the same health type are affected.

The new unit set up is great Sky! LD is defineltly looking good. :thumbs:
No they weren't, works like a buff, so goes on what team those hit are on, not what type they are. Can't be fixed.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

Oh right buffs... I was thinking of just weapons(and health types) in general.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Looks like the spy's CAPTAIN my sentry! Eh? Eh?

Sky, you're really bringing Battlefront into the 21st sentry.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Swarmer Turrets, which fire small, slow moving droidsthat home in on and explode on enemies.
Can you destroy these before they reach you then?
Droid Captain
Although it doesn't really matter that much, the Droid Army (not the whole CIS) doesn't have 'ranks' as such. It just has commander droids and commanded droids, so Droid Commander might be more accurate than Droid Captain.
I meant are the ones they replace fixed; will the Demolition Droid always replace Support Class A on Map 1 or could it replace any of them?
This was never answered.

Droideka?...
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Lagomorphia wrote:
Swarmer Turrets, which fire small, slow moving droidsthat home in on and explode on enemies.
Can you destroy these before they reach you then?
Droid Captain
Although it doesn't really matter that much, the Droid Army (not the whole CIS) doesn't have 'ranks' as such. It just has commander droids and commanded droids, so Droid Commander might be more accurate than Droid Captain.
I meant are the ones they replace fixed; will the Demolition Droid always replace Support Class A on Map 1 or could it replace any of them?
This was never answered.

Droideka?...
Swarmer droid turret - nope, all you can do is dodge them (roll).
Droid captain - its essentially a squad leader (remember Ep I had a "commander" in charge of half a dozen security droids), and commander sounds like there should be less of them running around. Not changing it.
Support classes - in the sense that you meant, fixed. For balance issues as much as anything else (different support classes are more/less effective at range).
Droideka - not being answered yet, will post each of the heroes + support units individually.

On that note: to people who've seen the CW tv series (cartoon or animated or both) - what do you think would be a good support unit for ventress?
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

A tacticle droid? Or evan though i never see her with one a ig-86 might work nice due to the fact that they are agile and fast like her.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

On that note: to people who've seen the CW tv series (cartoon or animated or both) - what do you think would be a good support unit for Ventress?
Off the top of my head, Droid Commando or some sort of assassin droid. I'll do some research and see what I can find.

EDIT: I found something about Poison B2 battle droids. They only appeared once lead by Ventress and Durge, but as Durge will probably have Lancer droids if included that leaves only Ventress. Click here for more information.
I still think an assassin droid (perhaps this one?) or commando droid would suit her better though.

If the Republic need a good gunner hero who isn't necessarily a Clone Commander then perhaps Alpha-17? There's a picture of him with red armour markings, but everywhere else I've seen him they were blue. Apparently he was going to be TCW but they replaced him with Rex because of alliteration or something.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Well, I don't watch the Clone Wars series, but I have been looking at the CIS droid variants page in Wookiepedia, and none of them seem to be directly associated to Asajj Ventress (with exception of her bug-eyed practice droids, which could easily be replaced by MagnaGuards), so I think you will have to get creative with this one.

I would give her some sort of stealthy, backstabbing figure as Hero Support, since she is often described as an assassin. Droid Commandos may be a safe bet.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

bug-eyed practice droids! thats whats missing in battlefront!
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Got no shortage of heros support units/ideas so i'll just pair her up with one of those. Thanks anyway.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:bug-eyed practice droids! thats whats missing in battlefront!
*senses sarcasm*
Hm...
Dark Side this is.

For Asajj's support unit, I would say magna Guards, or maybe Droidekas...Not really creative, but meh.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

The Magnaguard would be Grievous's and possibly Dooku's support unit. If Asajj had that too then there would be three units with the same hero support.
carfanaticphil
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by carfanaticphil »

An OOM commander? like 224 in ambush (her commander)
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Update time!

The first of the Republic "Gunner" heroes. Since there's now essentially one legion (admittedly with a few different sets of gear), thought it was appropriate to have its commander as a hero.

Hidden/Spoiler:
Tesk is the 155th Legion's Commander, and one of the more straightforward heroes. His main weapon is his modified DC-15 Carbine, which has higher accuracy and fire rate than the standard model, and an underslung EMP mortar launcher. On interior maps Tesk uses the Rally buff, whereas on exterior maps he carries an Orbital Strike Beacon.

Hidden/Spoiler:
Tesk's support unit is the Clone Infiltrator, The 155th's elite recon unit. The Infiltrator's signature weapon is the DC-15W Bowcaster, a chargeable weapon effective at long and short range. It also has the Camoflauge (partial stealth) ability, and carries both incendiary and haywire grenades.

Credit for the appearance (skins, Infiltrator kit) goes to AQT, credit for commander model goes to Deviss.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

great commander and good name for him :D , i made other model version with pauldron improved (pau part attached to clavicle bone) if you are interesting, PM me :)

offtopic: you should post them in glamour skins topic :P
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

You forgot to update the err... well, "update" part of the title of this thread.

So, judging by the color scheme, I can assume these guys are mostly Shock Troopers, huh? The first Stormtroopers... Interesting pick, and it provides a nice visual contrast to Dark Times' 501st too.

Cool update, keep up the good work you guys. :)
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

@Deviss: that'd be great, there's some other stuff I've been meaning to ask you too.

@Nihilo: about the shocktrooper thing...not really. They're just a legion with red markings. However they do have a fair few "special ops" units.

Also, Tesk will play a (fairly) significant role in the campaign - he's your commander for most of the Republic aligned missions, and will make a few appearances in the later CIS and insurgent aligned missions. The Infiltrators may show up in a mission or two as well.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Last Days WIP Thread (update 21 August)

Post by Nova Hawk »

Cool update, Sky. I like new clones. Just FYI though, it is still the 20th of August and not the 21st.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Last Days WIP Thread (update 21 August)

Post by AQT »

Nova Hawk wrote:Just FYI though, it is still the 20th of August and not the 21st.
Come on, Nova. You should know by now that the world doesn't revolve around you, literally. Sky lives in a time zone that is hours ahead of yours. And there are 24 time zones FYI.

The weapons layout sounds great, Sky. And good name for the commander. :D Also, I just want to correct one little thing: the Clone Commander model I used was the original one made by RepSharpshooter. :)