Dagobah - Swamplands

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Dagobah - Swamplands

Post by lucasfart »

To celebrate my first full year at gametoast, i'm releasing this map i made. Itisn't totally finished and more is to come.

Readme:
Hidden/Spoiler:
This is map is Dagobah - Swampland by Lucasfart.

This map includes :
Conquest - CW, GCW, Dark Times
XL - CW, GCW, Dark Times
Hero Assault - GCW, Dark Times
Hunt - Dark Times

All these modes are stock, with the exception of Hunt mode which is between Wookie Defenders and Stormtrooper Commanders, and the CW era which features custom skins made 100% by me, using Satti's template.

Barriers and planning - should be totally done in this map. if you see ai running into anything, please let me know.
Floating Objects - I'm also pretty sure there are none of these so if any of you nitpickers see anything slightly off the ground, let me know.
Mini-map - At the minute there is no minimap as the minimap i was working on ended up being totally stuffed up so i scrapped it
Random Sky's - Thanks to Sky-hammer_216 for this. I've added in a rainy version and a normal version. Pretty simple to do but adds a bit of variety.
Sound - I haven't tested the sound, as i don't normally play the game with sound anyway. If you find any sounds missing, let me know

To Be Added:
Mini-map - In progress
Campaign - Simple go here, capture this, retrieve that sort of thing. Its almost half done.
More Random Sky's - Maybe add a broad daylight and twilight/night setting.

Installation:
Extract the DGB folder to your addon folder in : C/ProgramFiles/Lucasarts/Battlefront 2/GameData
To uninstall delete the DGB folder

Credits:
Satti - for the White Ep3 Republic Sniper Template
Gametoast - For helping me with all my modding errors and not treating me like an idiot for asking so many, now obvious, questions.
Archer01 - AI Hero Support scripts
Download Link :
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1 ... GB-7z.html

There are some pics in the WIP thread, which is a bit outdated....
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 29&t=21979
Executer94
Major
Major

Re: Dagobah - Swamplands

Post by Executer94 »

WIP screens look good!

Download later.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Wow, looks nice - downloading :thumbs:
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

Looks cool I will Download :thumbs:
lucasfart
Sith
Sith

Post by lucasfart »

Forgot to add this in the first post. Feel free to post you pro's and con's about this map so i know what/what not to change. Also, idea's for a future release are appreciated.
Hawk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWRC

Post by Hawk »

nice map. It is very funny! :)
sampip
General
General

Post by sampip »

Oh yeah, I had a few things to post. First off, it was a very nice map, so well done :P
Few points for improval:

- Some AI barriers need to be improved, especially in the lower tunnel parts of the map. They sometimes run into roots and walls.

- What's this on the X-Wing? It looks a bit odd. Might be default.
Hidden/Spoiler:
- I know this isn't a missing texture but there's something weird around here making it look slightly strange. Could be a mist, I guess.
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Some parts of the map didn't have enough 'overhang', if you know what I mean. Dagobah wasn't a plains map and in some parts of this the map felt a bit too open IMO.

That's about it really, it was a fun map to play and the AI scripted heroes was a nice addition. Good job! :thumbs:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

That light on the X-wing is there by default.
sampip
General
General

Post by sampip »

Ok, that's fine - I just think it looks a bit odd. Not your fault :lol:
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Try removing these lines from the X-wing's odf if you don't want that light there:

Code: Select all

AttachOdf = "dag1_light_Cavern"
AttachToHardPoint = "hp_light1"
I think that's that light, though I haven't tested it.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith

Post by lucasfart »

sampip wrote: - Some AI barriers need to be improved, especially in the lower tunnel parts of the map. They sometimes run into roots and walls.
Will do. I got a bit lazy when doing the cavern barriers and rushed it a bit :P .
sampip wrote: - What's this on the X-Wing? It looks a bit odd. Might be default.
Hidden/Spoiler:
- I know this isn't a missing texture but there's something weird around here making it look slightly strange. Could be a mist, I guess.
Hidden/Spoiler:
With those two errors, i don't know if i can fix them. I know Xav just posted a way to fix it but my graphics card is really hopeless. i wouldn't know if it was fixed or not. i can't see either of those issues with my graphics card......

Also, did the fog seem a bit excessive at all? it doesn't really show on mine but on yours it didn't look like you could see very far through it all. Also, was the water any good/reflective at all? i wanted it like the stock Dagobah water, but the texture for that is stuffed....
sampip wrote: - Some parts of the map didn't have enough 'overhang', if you know what I mean. Dagobah wasn't a plains map and in some parts of this the map felt a bit too open IMO.

That's about it really, it was a fun map to play and the AI scripted heroes was a nice addition. Good job! :thumbs:
Good point. i never really thought about that. i'll have to add some more trees/foliage to make it seem a bit darker......i could always change it to another, more open planet :)

Only problem with doing that is, i was planning on adding a sunny random sky and a twilight one, and they wouldn't work very well in a totally enclosed map.
Hawk wrote:nice map. It is very funny! :)
erm. did you mean fun, or is it actually a funny map in some way?

Thanks for the comments guys. i'll give the xwing fix a go, but i won't ever know if it worked or not without uploading for you guys to try.
sampip
General
General

Post by sampip »

lucasfart wrote: Also, did the fog seem a bit excessive at all? it doesn't really show on mine but on yours it didn't look like you could see very far through it all. Also, was the water any good/reflective at all? i wanted it like the stock Dagobah water, but the texture for that is stuffed....
The fog was fine in most places just in some areas it was a little dense, I guess. Not really a problem since no-one else has it, though. :D I don't know what's causing it. My only guess would be the prop that gives you dense mist (dag1_prop_mist?) which sort of creates a circle of very dense fog that 'shrouds' it's surroundings. Not sure though.
Oh and the water was fine, it did reflect a bit - but then again - all water does.
lucasfart wrote:Only problem with doing that is, i was planning on adding a sunny random sky and a twilight one, and they wouldn't work very well in a totally enclosed map.
Just because it was sunny on Dagobah doesn't mean half the trees have to go :wink: I wasn't saying that it didn't look like Dagobah, just that it didn't look like it did in the movies/stock Dagobah. I wasn't quite sure what effect you were going for but I'm sure that Dagobah could have some more open spaces somewhere. If I were you I'd experiment with the random skies, that sounds pretty cool!
lucasfart
Sith
Sith

Post by lucasfart »

sampip wrote:
lucasfart wrote: Also, did the fog seem a bit excessive at all? it doesn't really show on mine but on yours it didn't look like you could see very far through it all. Also, was the water any good/reflective at all? i wanted it like the stock Dagobah water, but the texture for that is stuffed....
The fog was fine in most places just in some areas it was a little dense, I guess. Not really a problem since no-one else has it, though. :D I don't know what's causing it. My only guess would be the prop that gives you dense mist (dag1_prop_mist?) which sort of creates a circle of very dense fog that 'shrouds' it's surroundings. Not sure though.
Oh and the water was fine, it did reflect a bit - but then again - all water does.
I've just gone into my .fx files, and i can't find any mention of dag1_prop_mist. I was having trouble with it, so i stopped using it. I'm not annoyed that its in there or anything, i just don't get why its still there. I do have the FogCloud effect in there, but it isn't enabled:
"Enable(0);"
...oh, and i haven't added it into ZE either.
sampip wrote:
lucasfart wrote:Only problem with doing that is, i was planning on adding a sunny random sky and a twilight one, and they wouldn't work very well in a totally enclosed map.
Just because it was sunny on Dagobah doesn't mean half the trees have to go :wink: I wasn't saying that it didn't look like Dagobah, just that it didn't look like it did in the movies/stock Dagobah. I wasn't quite sure what effect you were going for but I'm sure that Dagobah could have some more open spaces somewhere. If I were you I'd experiment with the random skies, that sounds pretty cool!
I think i'm pretty much happy with the environment as it is, at the minute. If i add too many trees it would seem a bit weird to have a sunny setting.........I'm pretty sure i added two random settings with this release didn't I? An overcast one and a rainy one? Anyways, the sunny setting is just about done, just having slight issues with sky texture and fog clouds......