UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - New Installer)

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

hunting shadow wrote:...I remember starting to download it, but I'm not sure if i really did...
I lost all those files and haven't been able to recover them. If you can find any, that would be awesome. I think the map was data_AAA. It would have included a .bzr folder, ifs_era_handler.lua, xdelta.exe, menu.bat, and a ton of other files. If you want a larger list, I can give you one.

When I get the chance, I'll post the little bit of source code I have for v1.3 r117 and all the code for r129+.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by myers73 »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Yes, an unlimited number of user script and cGC scripts are supported. The catch is that they must be numbered incrementally starting from 11. So: user_script_11.lvl, user_script_12.lvl, user_script_13.lvl, etc.... If there is a break in the numbering, say slot 12 is missing, then slot 13 and above won't be processed. The original 0-10 slots are still supported, but r129 includes a user_script_10.lvl and custom_gc_10.lvl. If one of those files is overridden, you will lose some of the new features. I actually can't add anything into the main lvls since I lost the original v1.3 source. All the new additions are done through those slot 10 scripts.
thats cool, i assume this is in the readme (havnt d/l yet)
[RDH]Zerted wrote:The v1.3 tag is reattached to the server's name each time before a FakeConsole command is run. This allows players to know if the server they are going to join may have 'unnatural' things going on. There is a FakeConsole command that allows one to set the server name. Use that command to reset the name after you have done a different command.
and this presumably can be done at the end of the last user_script...
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I updated the v1.3 docs for the new way to do the scripts. I updated the user script doc first, then just tossed the info into the cGC tutorial. So if one doesn't understand the cGC tutorial, read the user script one. The creation, name numbering, and loading process is the same for both types. The only differences is that user scripts are run when a map starts and cGCs are run when the shell starts.

If you want to change the name of a server through a script, just use ScriptCB_SetGameName().
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Zerted, I don't suppose it would be possible to update some of the icons/localizations of the default eras to represent some of the big mods that actually use them, would it?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I'm not sure... I do have the language scripts from r110. What exactly do you want to change and to what?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:I'm not sure... I do have the language scripts from r110. What exactly do you want to change and to what?
I know that Dark Times uses the "1" prefix, and I know that Dark Space and Ultimate Battlefront both use "change"-d era slots. Even if you weren't able to adapt the icon, it would be nice to change the localization to reflect the correct era name.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

FYI, I finally redesigned my website. To get to the SWBF2 section you'll have to select Game Modding then Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBF2). I put the new installer on my site. My unfinished (but working) wave mode is now on there too. I'll be slowly putting all my assets on it including what is left of the v1.3 source (but thats not up yet).

I still don't get what you want me to do Maveritchell. If they are using the change addme option, why should I change it?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:I still don't get what you want me to do Maveritchell. If they are using the change addme option, why should I change it?
I suppose it doesn't matter at all if they've already finished their mods and don't want to update it. For my part, I'd just prefer to not be using the "change" option if possible - if it can be built in or preset then I think, for me at least, it would be ideal. It would help keep my addme.luas tidier and it would be one less confound for any mod conflicts.

It's not a big issue but if it's feasible and it's not a strain then I'd like to see it. If you'd rather not, that's fine - I was guessing that it would just be editing a couple scripts to fix localization and mode icon. If I was wrong or it's a lot of work feel free to ignore it.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

hey, for the side update that was included in the r117 release of this, for space, was the accuracy, turnrate, and minimum speed ever changed. If so it is my understanding that this would not affect online play, but there are a bunch of space players that claim this to be so.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

myers73 wrote:hey, for the side update that was included in the r117 release of this, for space, was the accuracy, turnrate, and minimum speed ever changed. If so it is my understanding that this would not affect online play, but there are a bunch of space players that claim this to be so.
No, none of that was ever changed. If there is any perceived difference it is just that, perceived.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

ok, thanks a lot, Zerted can you please confirm this, not that I doubt mav, but there is a big debate about this mod going on over at GWL, and some are claiming that it gives advantages to people that have it installed, I am trying to convince them otherwise since what I understand to be true is that the mod does not provide and advantage gameplay wise.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

If those things were changed, there would be no compatibility online between those who had the patch and those who didn't.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

that is what I figured, but we have some very ignorant and argumentative people over at GWL that dont know what they are talking about.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

myers73 wrote:...Zerted can you please confirm this...
I cannot confirm it. I do remember suddenly being able to slow down more then expected in space maps, but not always being able to do it. I assumed it was the server, some certain mouse/control setting that made it appear to happen, or just bad memory on my part. It never occured to me that it could be related to the v1.3 patch and I never directly jumped between v1.3 and non-v1.3 space maps to compare them. Video evidence would have been nice to backup their claims, but I would have been too lazy to make it too, so I can't really fault them for that. If such a difference does exist, I wouldn't know why.

The patch does give people advantages. You can change your field of view (if this is an advantage is up to some debate), put campaign makers on team mates, and use shortcut keys to skip through menus faster. The Code Console allows anyone to input code, so there could also be something I hadn't thought of too.

When I get the time, I will PM ~FL~ TripHammer about possible solutions he hasn't thought of. I don't know him well enough to say if he would approve of them or not. A video in a buffer map of the menus is a good idea, but ineffective in determining what swbf2 is running for reasons I'm not going to go into (unless we reach a different solution with TripHammer).

I don't watch any other SWBf2 related forums, so thanks for bringing the issue to my attention.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

thank you both for responding. The modding community is the only community that is not more cutthroat than washington DC, so your better off staying here.
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Hello . Is it possible that you to create a thing so that one can make ravel the gamemods and will eras them like the maps?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Lephenix_dor wrote:...ravel the gamemods and will eras them like the maps?
I don't know what you are trying to say. Can you reword it? If you don't know how to say it, others on the forum might know French...
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Est-il possible que vous créez quelque chose pour que l ' on puisse faire défiler les modes de jeu et les époques , comme pour les maps ?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Lephenix_dor wrote:Est-il possible que vous créez quelque chose pour que l ' on puisse faire défiler les modes de jeu et les époques , comme pour les maps ?
Google translate says:
Can you create something so it impossible to scroll through gamemodes and eras, like the maps?
I think either you or Google translate mean "possible," and this was already asked one page prior:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 01#p374501
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

How many maps , gamemods , era , we can have ?