The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Fiodis »

Teancum wrote:
Delta 47 wrote:
SCORCH wrote:has any body made the animal/thing that obi-wan rode when on utapau? and has anybody made general grevious's wheelbike? And has anybody made a playable R2D2 ? and c3po too i guess.... :runaway:
No, no, yes its included in the SWBF2 Official Assets but needed a few tweaks and was released somewhere, and no but a C3PO would be cool to have.
I don't see why. What could he do but walk around and whine?
Go Dann_Boeing and pull out a High-speed Jawa Chucker?
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I was watching my brother playing Defense Grid and got an idea: what about a tower defense map? i.e. Either you play as the defending team and spawn from different points along the path, while shooting at the waves of attackers, and perhaps you have a few actual towers on the map. Maybe someone could figure out how to "unlock" certain areas to allow construction of turrets there with a fusion cutter/dispensable turret, maybe CPs that get captured after X amount of points? (Not sure how plausible that is.) Unlockable units would have better guns and stuff than others. You could possibly unlock a hero who has one "ultimate weapon" which kills all units on the map, including himself (just so it doesn't get spammed.) Wave system would work quite similar to Mav's. Or, of course, you could play as the attacking team, but that just doesn't see like it'd be as much fun. To make it work like tower defense, simply make a large building/ship/other thing that, once destroyed, triggers victory for attacking team/defeat for losing team. I think 15 waves would be enough, depending on the length of each wave.
SCORCH
Private Recruit

Post by SCORCH »

Do you mean something like the great wall of china with towers on them? and for the unlockable towers thing, couldn 't you just put a blockade up, then when they get the points, the blockade dissapears?
mikesh
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by mikesh »

Hi what do you think about idea making Bespin:cloud city with the bounty hunters Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-lom, Boba Fett, IG-88 and Bossk lead by Darth Vader against Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia Organa, Lando Calrissian lead by bespin Luke and Mos Eisley with Ponda baba, Cornelius Evazan, Greedo, Boba Fett lead by garindan against tatooine Luke, old Ben Kenobi, Han Solo, Chewbacca. I know that it is huge request but i think that it would great if somebody will handle this.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

SCORCH wrote:Do you mean something like the great wall of china with towers on them? and for the unlockable towers thing, couldn 't you just put a blockade up, then when they get the points, the blockade dissapears?
Yeah, that would probably work. Basically that's what I'm talking about, yes, although I was thinking something rather more SW-themed.
MasterRyan

Post by MasterRyan »

Hi guys, I am new here and I thought I would start off with a request.

I love Battlefront II but I was somewhat disappointed with the space battles, but from what I have seen the things I am requesting ARE possible, but never been done. I have tried to make a map, but unfortunately, BF2 Mod Tools is not working. :cry:

anyway, I am requesting a space map in which you can completely DESTROY capital ships! There would be numerous capital ships to spawn at, also each ship should have more of an interior than in default ones, sort of like Space Endor. My last big request is that the bots will GO in these extra spaces, or land in other hangers, or blow up capital ships, although if you can't, its fine.

Here are some mini requests that I would LOVE to see, but it be ok if you can't do them. Landing in Frigates is 1 thing, I know they are small, but some of them (Acclimator, Correllian Corvette) sould be big enough to have a hanger and a spawn point. My last request is to be able to land in Trade Federation Cruisers. They are PLENTY big for a hanger or 2, but yet no one has done them yet to my knowledge. (CW only) And being able to land/spawn in rebel transports. (GCW only)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully take this challenge! Anyone who can accomplish this will be rewarded with smiley faces! :bowdown: Please no redirects to any previously made maps, unless they ave most of the things listed.

Thank you again and hopefully you will post here soon! :D

(by the way, sorry about old thread, I did read the rules, but I was confused what topic to do it in, sorry again)
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

MasterRyan wrote:Hi guys, I am new here and I thought I would start off with a request.

I love Battlefront II but I was somewhat disappointed with the space battles, but from what I have seen the things I am requesting ARE possible, but never been done. I have tried to make a map, but unfortunately, BF2 Mod Tools is not working. :cry:
anyway, I am requesting a space map in which you can completely DESTROY capital ships! There would be numerous capital ships to spawn at, also each ship should have more of an interior than in default ones, sort of like Space Endor. My last big request is that the bots will GO in these extra spaces, or land in other hangers, or blow up capital ships, although if you can't, its fine.
Here are some mini requests that I would LOVE to see, but it be ok if you can't do them. Landing in Frigates is 1 thing, I know they are small, but some of them (Acclimator, Correllian Corvette) sould be big enough to have a hanger and a spawn point. My last request is to be able to land in Trade Federation Cruisers. They are PLENTY big for a hanger or 2, but yet no one has done them yet to my knowledge. (CW only) And being able to land/spawn in rebel transports. (GCW only)
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully take this challenge! Anyone who can accomplish this will be rewarded with smiley faces! :bowdown: Please no redirects to any previously made maps, unless they ave most of the things listed.
Thank you again and hopefully you will post here soon! :D
(by the way, sorry about old thread, I did read the rules, but I was confused what topic to do it in, sorry again)

All those things have been done in previous maps. If you don't want directions to them find them yourself.

And don't hold your breath for someone to do all that for you. It won't happen....at least it won't happen due to your request.
MasterRyan

Post by MasterRyan »

ok, what maps (besides rakata prime) have them then?
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

This is not the place for that question, go to the Links to SWBF-2 Maps + Mods + Sources thread (on the Released Maps & Mods section) and download the map archive.

Edit: ok, just checked the link to download the map archive myself, it isn't working, I will try to come up with an improvised version of the space maps section of the restored archive I was working on.

Edit2: I uploaded a list to my filefront account with links for the space maps, try to find what you are looking for Here.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Hmm, here's an idea:

Make a map based on a few european battlefields during WWII. The Allies being the Republic and the CIS are supposedly the Axis.

Tactics used by the CIS are kind of what the Germans and Italy used in WWII. Also, maybe place some AAT's as immoveable turrets in like some bushes or like heavy foliage. Camoflauge the tanks basically to ambush Republic forces. Like branches look like they are hanging off the cannons of the AAT and stuff. It'd be pretty cool, actually. Just a thought, really.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

it's not really a wwii map but my Khimera map (new version Here

and old version here
sort of resemble DDay from Call of Duty there are machine guns along with units storming a beach. It's not a perfect fit but yea
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Sounds cool. I'll just go ahead and give Khimera a try again. :p
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

RevanSithLord wrote:Also, maybe place some AAT's as immoveable turrets in like some bushes or like heavy foliage. Camoflauge the tanks basically to ambush Republic forces.
[language] good idea. Might use it in a campaign at some point.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

yea definately i neat idea and relatively easy to with odf editing
Tauntaunwampa
Private

Post by Tauntaunwampa »

Hi,
I use the clone trooper is SWBF alot and i was wondering if anybody could make a mod that replaced conversion packs clone skins with the ones from the BFX 2.2. (keeping the conversion packs republic commando skins.)

Iam asking for this becuase i am inexpreienced in the way of modding.

It sound simple but i dont really know ho to do it, it would be gratly appreciated if someone could help me
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Not gonna happen, sorry.
Tauntaunwampa
Private

Post by Tauntaunwampa »

thanks anyway, oh adn good job on the conversion pack TC
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Someone should make a "Junk Flea" sort of map for Battlefront.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:Someone should make a "Junk Flea" sort of map for Battlefront.
That would be epic and easy. Quite a few of teh props in Junk Flea could actually be replaced with BFII Mos Eisley props.
RogueCruiser
3rd Warning
3rd Warning

Post by RogueCruiser »

I got a cool idea. A map with a long basically straight tunnel system with some rooms and a large room at the end and one entrance at the very other end. The large room would have one command post owned by one team with one reinforcement. That team would have one unit, an immensly powerful unit with more health than an at-at. The other team would have a lot of reinforcements but have auto turrets in hallways and rooms and manned turrets in the rooms. The one team would have to hold off the other one hugely powerful unit and defeat him before he reaches the end of the tunnel and gets out.

Called Containment or something like that. It would be fun. You could play as either teams but only one immensly powerful unit is allowed(you or comp). The story would probably be about some research going haywire and the unit trying to get out. (an alarm sound would go well with a map like this.

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: