How to raise spawn paths and spawn nodes? [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Zahadoom
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How to raise spawn paths and spawn nodes? [Solved]

Post by Zahadoom »

I've been working on a map that uses the Kamino platforms and other stock objects from the assets that come with the BF2_Modtools. Now I have encountered a problem. When I place nodes for my cp's spawn paths they are stuck to the ground. I need to get these nodes elevated and on top my my Kamino platforms, but I don't know how to.

I read through the "Getting Started" Doc and I was not informed. I tried looking at the stock maps like the Death Star and Kamino and I was unable to find any useful info.

In short, I need to know how to place nodes on top of objects, not terrain.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Re: A problem with nodes.

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

make the terrain under the platforms as high as the platforms, selet the path>lock heights then lower the terrain
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

How to raise spawn paths or spawn nodes.

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

After you placed a node on the terrain, select it, press shift, hold your left mouse button and move you mouse.

Note: Make sure your view is not under the node, that causes some problems.

Also, make sure you're in the same layer as the spawn paths or you won't be able to select and move them.

ZeroEditor_guide.doc wrote:PATH EDIT MODE
PATH EDIT MODE is used for creating UNIT SPAWN Paths. Unit SPAWN PATHS consist of a string of SPAWN nodes that contain color axes that indicate the direction the unit will face when spawned. Spawn paths can be named and that name referenced in object instance properties such as in the case of command posts. PATH nodes can be rotated using the standard keyboard and mouse controls and like objects snap to the terrain first. Nodes and paths can have their heights adjusted and locked using the LOCK HEIGHTS button and/or by holding the shift key.

NEW PATH
In NEW PATH mode a new path name is generated and the mode changes to ADD NODE. In this mode every mouse click on the terrain places a node.

MOVE
Once placed a path can be moved by right clicking on it while nodes can be selected and moved individually if they are selected with the left mouse button.

TAPE MEASURE
PATH EDIT MODE comes with a tape measure that can be used to measure distances in meters.
Zahadoom
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Zahadoom »

Wow. You guys reply really fast. Thanks, I will try that out right away.
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

Don't use DarthD.U.C.K.s method. :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Aman/Pinguin wrote:After you placed a node on the terrain, select it, press shift, hold your left mouse button and move you mouse.

This works, but only until you get so high off the terrain.

The BEST way is to to browse to /BF2_tools/Data_[YOUR MAP]/Worlds/[YOUR MAP]/World1, right click in [YOUR MAP].ter, select properties, then check "Read Only" and hit OK. Then go in and use DUCK's method. When you save ZeroEdit will tell you it can't save [YOUR MAP].ter, but that's fine because you don't want to leave your terrain all funny. If you ever need to edit the terrain again you can just go back and uncheck "Read Only" per the steps above. That's absolutely the 100% full-proof way to do it. But hey, if you can do it Aman/Pinguin's way without hitting the max height that's a shorter way.
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

Teancum wrote:
Aman/Pinguin wrote:After you placed a node on the terrain, select it, press shift, hold your left mouse button and move you mouse.

This works, but only until you get so high off the terrain.

The BEST way is to to browse to /BF2_tools/Data_[YOUR MAP]/Worlds/[YOUR MAP]/World1, right click in [YOUR MAP].ter, select properties, then check "Read Only" and hit OK. Then go in and use DUCK's method. When you save ZeroEdit will tell you it can't save [YOUR MAP].ter, but that's fine because you don't want to leave your terrain all funny. If you ever need to edit the terrain again you can just go back and uncheck "Read Only" per the steps above. That's absolutely the 100% full-proof way to do it. But hey, if you can do it Aman/Pinguin's way without hitting the max height that's a shorter way.

Are you sure there is a max height? I never reached one...even in my space map. :?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yep, I reached it when working on Bespin Platforms.
Zahadoom
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Zahadoom »

Thanks for the help. I raised the terrain, placed the nodes, locked their height, and it worked. Thanks again.