UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - Development

Post by Teancum »

Xavious wrote:No Mandalorian Wars era? Would fit under M, but that's taken. What's the point of having 'movie' CW and GCW anyways? It's still the same era, whether it's 'movie' or not.
Except "M" is only one era, so it does cover both CW and GCW in one era.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I think Xavious is questioning the point of the movie era, since it doesn't appear to cover something unique on the surface. My thought on that is with the movie era, we can have an era dedicated to movie accurate material while still using the old eras for the stock material, and other things that don't necessarily fit in with the films. The way I see it, it's just a way of adding a choice for modders, and a way to keep us from having to tell people to use such and such modified era/mode when it can be recognized as its own icon.

Speaking of redundancy, what's the extra space mode ("space") for? Is this for space conquest, or an as yet unmentioned space gamemode? I just fail to see a reason for it otherwise.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

MercuryNoodles wrote:I think Xavious is questioning the point of the movie era, since it doesn't appear to cover something unique on the surface. My thought on that is with the movie era, we can have an era dedicated to movie accurate material while still using the old eras for the stock material
I guess I was confused by Xavious' post. That's exactly what the movie era is for.

MercuryNoodles wrote:Speaking of redundancy, what's the extra space mode ("space") for? Is this for space conquest, or an as yet unmentioned space gamemode? I just fail to see a reason for it otherwise.
I was something left in the luas, so we decided to keep it in. It doesn't necessarily have to be for anything. I think it was before they came up with multiple space modes.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

So far, there appears to be no real way to have multiple eras correctly setup for a single map. The problem is that only one custom CP icon can be added.

"Well, I'll just override one of the default CP icons then" you say? Sure you can do that, but then you have to have your team name set to one of the default teams so your overridden icon is used. If you do that, then the team name shows the underlying team you used.
"Well, I'll just override the team name through the language tool" you say? Then your second era will have the team names of the first era.
"Well, then my second era will use the other real team" you say? Then what are you going to do for the third era?
"Well, I'll use local teams" you say? Then you lose the team icon and you're back to being stuck with one CP icon. (there are really more then 4 predefined teams you could override, but I haven't looked into exactly how many there are...)

I found a bad hack to get around all of that. It would allow you to directly set the team names to whatever you wanted them to be, and still override the team icon and CP icon. It requires rewriting the team selection screen. It works, but you would have to double click the team instead of single clicking. Does anything think this might be a problem?

Edit: For those wondering, the shortcut key for auto-assign would still work
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

Well, of course it's not optimum, and I'm sure it will get some complaints on Filefront from people who don't read the documentation, but given the alternative (not being able to use custom CP icons) I think it's worth it. Unfortunate, but I don't think it's a game-breaker by any sense of the word.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

authraw wrote:but given the alternative (not being able to use custom CP icons) I think it's worth it. Unfortunate, but I don't think it's a game-breaker by any sense of the word.
I don't see "not being able to use custom CP icons" as much of a game-breaker, either. I don't even notice the CP icons when I play. Changing something like a single-click to a double-click, however, is something I would actually notice since it's part of something I had to get used to. I'd honestly cast my vote "no" in terms of that workaround to getting team icons to work.
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

Maveritchell wrote:
authraw wrote:but given the alternative (not being able to use custom CP icons) I think it's worth it. Unfortunate, but I don't think it's a game-breaker by any sense of the word.
I don't see "not being able to use custom CP icons" as much of a game-breaker, either. I don't even notice the CP icons when I play. Changing something like a single-click to a double-click, however, is something I would actually notice since it's part of something I had to get used to. I'd honestly cast my vote "no" in terms of that workaround to getting team icons to work.
Yeah, CP icons are cool, but would anyone actually gaze into one for no more than 2 seconds? lol

I agree with Mav' theres no point in doing all that just for CP icons. Just keep the single click xD
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Alright, it took be a bit longer, but I figure out how to do it with single click. The only drawback this time, is that the team buttons don't flash when you hover the mouse over them.

Edit: I've returned Red vs Blue back to era R. Birth of the Rebellion has been moved to era S. I could still use era icons for the named eras, but don't bother making side icons. Those can't and won't be included.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

They won't notice.. Really! I think you're doing a great job, and we should be happy with the results :D
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 15

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I've uploaded another version (download revision 15). All the localizations should be included (not all are correct, but there should be none like custom.era.d) All the icons I have have been added too. I still need better icons for the non-letter eras. I also included the docs I've been working on. The 'Add An Era.txt' is really the only notable one so far. The zip is 7.3MB. It starts out with the GameData folder. I'm not really sure why I did that. All the lvl files still go in GameData/data/_LVL_PC. The following files are replaced: common.lvl, ingame.lvl, shell.lvl, and v1.3patch_strings.lvl

I believe the eli/Diet Dr. Pepper bug is fixed, but would like someone to confirm it. Keep any bug reports/ideas/suggestions/comments coming.
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

Links aren't working.

EDIT: Got to it through a different link - here. Very nice, the shell project is really coming along great :thumbs:
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

I noticed yesterday, on ... some older version, that it removes the ability to launch a Space assault game. Is that fixed?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The assualt mode is weird. Having mode_assualt_x and XXXg_Diet Dr. Pepper is not normal for a mode. I fixed it a few minutes ago, but its not in the uploaded version.

Link not working? Worked for me... Anyone else having problems? Is GT giving zerted.getmyip.com troubles? That should work without the http, but GT won't displayed it as a link without it...
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

Kings and Team Dogfight are still waiting on icons right? Space Assault seems to be available on all maps except Maveritchell's Space Endor which doesn't have any modes.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

delta 47 wrote:Kings and Team Dogfight are still waiting on icons right? Space Assault seems to be available on all maps except Maveritchell's Space Endor which doesn't have any modes.
Any space modmap would do that, because of the way addme.lua was set up (by default) for space maps. They name their .luas ABCg_Diet Dr. Pepper.lua (for example) but call for an added mode of mode_assault_g in part of the addme. If you'll look, you'll notice that the same problem exists with all the Conversion Pack space maps and I'm sure any other space modmaps with an assault mode.

However, like Zerted mentioned, it's fixed.
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Link not working? Worked for me... Anyone else having problems? Is GT giving zerted.getmyip.com troubles? That should work without the http, but GT won't displayed it as a link without it...
The link works fine for me. :)
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

Any space modmap would do that, because of the way addme.lua was set up (by default) for space maps. They name their .luas ABCg_Diet Dr. Pepper.lua (for example) but call for an added mode of mode_assault_g in part of the addme. If you'll look, you'll notice that the same problem exists with all the Conversion Pack space maps and I'm sure any other space modmaps with an assault mode.

However, like Zerted mentioned, it's fixed.
Yeah, the Conversion maps don't have Space Assault either but the shipped maps do :)
The link works fine for me. :)
Hmm is it just me? I get this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]129.21.208.60:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="www.se.rit.edu">www.se.rit.edu</a>

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)[/code]
Also, in Multiplayer the BFX CW and GCW era's at the top don't work.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I think so. All the icons I have are in revision 15. If anything shows up as a white block, then I need an icon for it. It would be nice if all the icons containing single letters were replaced too.

Yeah, that certificate error is your browser being mean to me. The site is using a self-signed certificate. I'm not going to pay some random company for a signed one. You're not transferring any private info anyway, so it really doesn't matter if someone does a man-in-the-middle attack and replaces my certificate with their own. You can accept the certificate or change the 'https://' to 'http://' in order to use the non-encrypted version of the site.

Edit: Revision 17:
Shortcut key to close team stats screen: 'l' (lowercase L)
Shortcut key to select the team selection's auto-assign button: 'a'
Shortcut key to select the team selection's auto-assign button: 'A'
Shortcut key to select the team selection's team 1 button: '1'
Shortcut key to select the team selection's team 2 button: '2'
Shortcut key to select the team selection's auto-assign button: '3'
Shortcut key to select the team selection's spectator button: '4'
Hopefully fixed the eli/Diet Dr. Pepper bug. Teancum please confirm.
Hopefully Diet Dr. Pepper/assault modes are correctly displayed. Someone please check.

Can someone check and see if they can play more then one map back-to-back in IA? The retail could do that right?

What do you meant by the BFX CW and GCW era's don't work. Are you talking about the MP server list sorting or something else? I'm not too fond of the code in that screen and have been putting off working with it...
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 17

Post by Delta 47 »

I mean at the top bar in Multiplayer where it says ping, era, etc. In the era box it says BFX Clone Wars and BFX Galactic Civil War of wich don't work. Something I forgot to mention earlier was that it replaced CW and GCW era's. Are you going to tie in the FC mod with the ingame.lvl and the common.lvl?
Hidden/Spoiler:
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 17

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

You can't tell by looking at it, but those boxes scroll. I'm not sure if I can get the filtering to work with them...

I've already started the tie in. Some of the shortcut keys where part of the FC mod. But its not as simple as just dropping the two mods together.