Changing Terrain Size Problems

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

RE: Changing Terrain Size Problems

Post by Lord-Bandu »

i dont understand what you mean by this : "Now, select the pulldown menu for file types to display and select TER."

sorry .
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

right i know what you meant now , thanks . il go and test it Smile
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

didnt work :( im tryin to start a map from scratch ....maybe thats why?

the only other thing is that i can think of is .....i saved the TER like you said and munged , then i opened zero edit up again and put some objects in (so i can mark out whereabouts 1000m is ) and saved it as normal(not TER) and then munged and tested . did my 2nd save mess it up ????
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

hmmm... how do you open up manually?

this is exactly what i did .

1. clicked on BFbuilder
2. created a world using bfbuilder.hta and closed everything.
3. clicked on bfbuilder and clicked on my datamodid
4.clicked on zeroedit .exe
5. in zeroedit i clicked on create new terrain ....setting it to 1024x1024 ...it said the current size was 0x0 before i clicked create.
6. saved using the TER save
7. munged
8closed everything.
9.opened zeroedit and put in 2 cp's and a couple of objects about 1000m's from centre...then saved using the normal save .
10. munged and tested ...and died around 1000mfrom centre of map.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

the map im wanting to do is a kashyyyk islands map where 3 main islands are seperated by quite a bit of water/sea ,meaning you have to use xwings etc and land and fight on the islands ....that is why i need my map to be quite big as the 2 islands(faction bases) furthest away from each other wont fit onto a normal/default map size.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

what do i do once i get the cp's in the positions i want and i want to start putting objects on ? how do i save ?

also , do you know wether the playable space is circular or a square?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

i guess il have to cancel this map .....the maximum playable space isnt enough :(
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

I cannot get this to work either, it only works when playing as the droideka, change to a different unit on the same map and you'll die at 1000 as opposed to the 2048 that the droideka can get out to. Why would this happen? and as I only want GCW era droids are out of the question!
Last edited by CarbineImpulse on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

OOM-9 wrote:
droideka is like a vec.... something about vecs are saving the players... test with a speeder bike and see if your still good...
the solution is obviously something along those lines then, now do I have to change some parameters on every single unit's ODF I want to use or is there a global solution to this that would cover all posibilities. It seems like this should be a simple thing to solve but it's proving pretty difficult. I know it's possible because of the Hoth big map which works.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

so actual terrain can be pretty much as big as you want up to 2048 or something like but your playable area (for ground units) will always be 256x256? just to confirm.