Any IMPERIAL PROP SHIPS? How to make vehicles into props!

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Lord_Bandu

Any IMPERIAL PROP SHIPS? How to make vehicles into props!

Post by Lord_Bandu »

anyone found any imp prop ships ? iv found a rebel prop ship (correlian cruiser ,but, im lookin for something like that but for the imps.

is it possible to make Tiefighters non usable ?
Lord_Bandu

RE: Any IMPERIAL PROP SHIPS?

Post by Lord_Bandu »

wow cool thanks mate

do you know how to get the sun to show up in the sky by any chance?
Lord_Bandu

RE: Any IMPERIAL PROP SHIPS?

Post by Lord_Bandu »

so the sun that was in the Dune Sea map isnt available in these tools?
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Dragonum »

Lard_Bandu, can you tell me, how you do this.
i try it but no vehicle spawn?

this is the last thing for my Big Hoth Map.
After i can place Xwing as Objekt, and do a few changes, i can release the map.

dragonum
Lord_Bandu

Post by Lord_Bandu »

I dont take kindly to being called LARD bandu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

lol

anyway , waht do you want to do? make vehciles props? well all you do is go into an ODF file find one that says PROP and open it with word or some text program and then in a seperate window open the object u wanna make a prop and copy the props lua (delete alot of stuff from your objects lua ) save it and rename it. now copy this renamed file into your maps odf and then place this object in your map. this is what i was told ....

Yes. Any object can be turned into a prop by changing the class label and stripping out all of the functional properties in the ODF. Loook at any prop and you'll see very few lines. Just strip out everything but those lines in a normal ODF, rename it and suddenly it's a prop. And you don't need to set memory pools for prop vehicles.
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Dragonum »

ok
when i change "flyer" to "prop", this happend:
you cant use the xwing but,
http://www.dragonum.com/assets/images/xwing.jpg

when i delete all other thinks without this parts and do not rename "flyer" to "prop":
[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel = "flyer"
GeometryName = "all_fly_xwing.msh"

[Properties]

GeometryName = "all_fly_xwing"

you can use the xwing, without cockpits and lasers, and all the other things

can you show me your odf files?

i cpied all xwing files in the C:\Programme\LucasArts\BFBuilder\Datadra1\Worlds\dra1\MSH folder and saved my prop xwing file in C:\Programme\LucasArts\BFBuilder\Datadra1\Worlds\dra1\ODF folder

thanks
dragonum

and sorry for Lard_Bandu, i wrote too fast :wink:
Lord_Bandu

Post by Lord_Bandu »

the weird xwing problem i have also, its because it has an animation when it lifts off ...the landing gear goes up.....i havent solved it yet , but if i do il inform you , if you do please let me know aswell.

the sound problem is because on the original hoth level there were no xwings ....you can only have 1 worlds sounds in your map.

eg. on my tat map i had to choose wether to have the jawa sounds or the speederbike sounds.....because tat mos eisly had jawa but no speederbikes and dune sea had the oposite.
zudatron

Post by zudatron »

Anyone have any luck making a prop out of an object that is normally animated? I tried it with the Rancor and some regular soldiers. They looked ok in Zeroeditor but in game they were all twisted meshes that looked painful to say the least. I've also tried fudging with some animation specifications in the ODFs but I haven't managed to freeze the animation (effectively making a prop).

If there's no official way, maybe there's a way to tweak a MSH file or ZAABIN that contains an aimation so that it only sees one keyframe of the animation.

Zud.
Neon

Post by Neon »

But is it possible to make the falcon millenium flyable then?
I guess not ... :?
subs0nic

Post by subs0nic »

In response to the OP, if I remember right there is a Star Destroyer prop for imp...

Though, it's been many months since I looked at the game, so I could be remembering wrong. :oops:

Actually yeah, that star destroyer might have been for the sky dome. Nm.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Re: Any IMPERIAL PROP SHIPS? How to make vehicles into props

Post by YaNkFaN »

I believe i know how to fix the animation problem, if you put:

Code: Select all

ClassLabel = "armedbuilding"
instead of:

Code: Select all

ClassLabel = "prop"

that fixes the animation problem.

You can use any class label that supports bones in order to make the animated vehicle into a prop, it will still look funky when placed in ZE but ingame it will look fine.