Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: Leaked Halo: Reach screenshots

Post by RED51 »

Knowing you guys, I was expecting all of your reactions to be rather "wild". Thankfully, it seems all of the staffs years of trying to get people to act more mature here has finally begin to take effect... at least in this area... I wonder what you guys reaction would be if it were a video...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I get the feeling that Bungie is just saying that this is the last Halo game and aren't 100% sure of it. But Bungie is a company that loves their community, so I'd assume that if this game is very well-received, they'll probably make another.
Microsoft will be making future Halo games with one of their studios. The IP has been passed on. Reach is the last game in Bungie's contract.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Teancum wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I get the feeling that Bungie is just saying that this is the last Halo game and aren't 100% sure of it. But Bungie is a company that loves their community, so I'd assume that if this game is very well-received, they'll probably make another.
Microsoft will be making future Halo games with one of their studios. The IP has been passed on. Reach is the last game in Bungie's contract.
Oh. Well, that sucks. Maybe Bungie will do a Marathon remake.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

There is one additional image which were not in the links you all had posted with the new human weapon. It shows the ammo being 12. I think that this nullifies the idea that this weapon is a new BR because they fire in three-shot bursts, and this weapon is shown firing, at the most, integers of two. I can't seem to find that image now, but if I find it, I'll put it up here.

Bungie is making sure none of this gets on their forums.

I think it looks excellent for this early stage, but it's not like we can tell that much from the blurred images.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

SilvaDalek wrote:There is one additional image which were not in the links you all had posted with the new human weapon. It shows the ammo being 12. I think that this nullifies the idea that this weapon is a new BR because they fire in three-shot bursts, and this weapon is shown firing, at the most, integers of two. I can't seem to find that image now, but if I find it, I'll put it up here.

Bungie is making sure none of this gets on their forums.

I think it looks excellent for this early stage, but it's not like we can tell that much from the blurred images.
I'm not following - 12 is divisible by 3... 12 shots, 9, 6, 3, 0. I don't get how you could get so much from a still image.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Teancum wrote:I'm not following - 12 is divisible by 3... 12 shots, 9, 6, 3, 0. I don't get how you could get so much from a still image.
You aren't getting from 36 to 10, and 12 seems to be the full clip if you look here. This leads me to believe it is a new weapon. BTW, this picture took a while to find.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Teancum wrote:I'm not following - 12 is divisible by 3... 12 shots, 9, 6, 3, 0. I don't get how you could get so much from a still image.
You aren't getting from 36 to 10, and 12 seems to be the full clip if you look here. This leads me to believe it is a new weapon. BTW, this picture took a while to find.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Now you just seem to be making up numbers, as there is no 36 or 10 showed anywhere in that picture, and there is no legit proof that 12 is a full clip, in fact, unless that weapon is a new sniper, it is highly illogical that a full clip of a 2 or 3 shot weapon would be 12.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:Now you just seem to be making up numbers, as there is no 36 or 10 showed anywhere in that picture, and there is no legit proof that 12 is a full clip, in fact, unless that weapon is a new sniper, it is highly illogical that a full clip of a 2 or 3 shot weapon would be 12.
I am not making anything up because a BR Clip = 36 and 10 was in the other image of this new weapon.

And my theory isn't illogical at all, I am claiming it is not a rifle like the M-16 or BR. I am suggesting that the weapon is a human carbine. A covenant carbine only has a max clip of 18, so perhaps this weapon is more powerful, but has slightly less ammo.

I have studied the images and the ammo capacities in the top right-hand corner, and I have come to the conclusion that 12 is the max ammo per clip.

Please don't attack my posts like that. I did think out my idea...
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I love the Needler Laseresque weapon. Looks ni*BUNGIE ATTACKS WITH NINJAS*
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Actually, it looks like there's another open row, meaning it's actually a 24-clip weapon if we're wanting to speculate.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Teancum wrote:Actually, it looks like there's another open row, meaning it's actually a 24-clip weapon if we're wanting to speculate.
I agree, in the 12-clip image it looks like a row is missing, but in the other image of that weapon it doesn't look so much like that. We can't derive very much from these blurry images though.

Edit:

Well I found a little more to support my idea:
Tom Morello wrote:The new BR is the 12 round, 1 shot with the scope. I think it's more powerfull than the burst fire BR from halo 3.
BTW, Tom Morello was the guy who put the pictures up, his name is all over them. He also wrote a review of what he played, and this was included.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I still don't think it's a BR. The prototype used in Contact Harvest was even a 3-round burst weapon, and that was before Reach. I still think it's an entirely new weapon that just has similarities.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

I agree, it is not the BR. Tom Morello claims it is a BR, I think he just didn't know what to call it. I only quoted him for the 12-clip part.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Grev wrote:I love the Needler Laseresque weapon. Looks ni*BUNGIE ATTACKS WITH NINJAS*
Bungie would never attack with ninjas if they wanted to be discreet, as their ninjas are on fire. No, Bungie would attack you with 7s. Big 7s. [/Off-topic]
Well, I personally don't like the thought of having a carbine for the UNSC, at least if it replaces the BR. I'm not so good with the BR, but I'm worse with the Carbine, seems to me that most people are worse with the carbine, as one shot weapons are just hard for me to use (Halo 1/ODST magnums not included)
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Bungie would never attack with ninjas
Then what are the ninjas doing deleting posts about the leaked pictures and banning people who discuss them?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Bungie would never attack with ninjas
Then what are the ninjas doing deleting posts about the leaked pictures and banning people who discuss them?
Those are different ninjas. Those are their forum ninjas. I meant their physical flaming ninjas.
xII DM IIx
Private First Class
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by xII DM IIx »

If this new carbine does indeed replace the BR or old, I for one will be quite happy. I never really liked the BR, if not only for the fact that most of the matches on Halo 3 revolved around the BR. A single shot carbine was just what I was looking for, now let's hope they make it balanced...
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

So far it seems as if this new weapon might be the new replacement, but the source of information is not exactly reliable.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I meant their physical flaming ninjas.
But they could just pick up active c...nevermind.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I meant their physical flaming ninjas.
But they could just pick up active c...nevermind.
Pshaw. Bungie doesn't need active camo. If they thought they needed active camo, the flaming helmet's flame would go out when you're invisible.

@DM: I'd prefer the battle rifle. If they replace the BR with a carbine, I'll bet that they'll just have a lot of games revolving around the new carbine. They'll probably include the old BR.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:the flaming helmet's flame would go out when you're invisible.
Play against Bungie employees, when they pick up camo, their flame is still visible.