Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fusion »

Old Post
Hidden/Spoiler:
Today's Drop Pod challenge was quite interesting. I never knew you could actually destroy those things, thought they were just decorations.

Also, by doing that I somehow glitched the game so the Banshees didn't spawn at that point. All I had to fight was a small group of Seraphs.
Go get the Noble Map Pack. Seriously.

Anchor 9 really feels like what was missing from Reach: a smaller, symmetrical map with huge firefights in the middle, much like The Pit, Assembly, and Narrows. They already have a forge variant, Unanchored, which has all shield doors removed, but I honestly prefer the normal variant. I was fortunate enough to get Team Hot Potato on it and the frantic fight in space to get the bomb only to have it to explode and send everyone off the platforms was perfect.

Breakpoint feels like Avalanche, Sandtrap, and Last Resort combined, which is great. The Sniper tunnel is an awesome location for firefights unless some jerk drives a Wraith in there and your team has their brains melt out of there skulls for a few minutes and in this brainless state they keep walking in. I'm not sure if they already removed the Falcon or not, but the second match I played there were only Banshees; no Falcons in sight.

Tempest is hard to compare. I guess you could say Tempest is to Valhalla as Standoff is to Blood Gulch, but it's not nearly as imbalanced as Standoff was. There's a Warthog and a Mongoose on each side, each base has a rock tunnel going from the right side out to the middle where you should always go with objectives, and there's a lot of space behind each base where people like to hide with sniper rifles. Honestly, I thought I'd be like "URGHDGHDFKG STANDOFF ALL OVER AGAIN" but it's a lot better. As for forging, there is a rather nice little tunnel area behind Nature Base that's blocked off in normal multiplayer (already building something there) and I guess you could build something up in the air near the EMP laser, but honestly I wish they had put the forge items on Breakpoint instead, there's just not enough room.

Also, pictures of Breakpoint:
Hidden/Spoiler:
This guy starts off by killing me with a Gravity Hammer. I came back with Armor Lock and my teammates got him.

Battle goes on for a bit. I got lost with a Sniper and then a Falcon killed me.

DMR Revenge FTW!

One of the guys in the Falcon respawns and hunts me down in a Ghost. Bleep Bloop.

We were down by about 5 kills for most of the match. Then it got up to 70/70. I like my Falcon Turret Killing Spree. Some jerk tried to laser us but the game ended before it counted the hit.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Dude, that's awesome. And $10 is nothing, so I'm gonna go ahead and get it. 8)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I'm more interested in the Forge capabilities, but I haven't seen much on what can be done.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

I got the mappack earlier today and I have yet to play on any of the new maps. Oh well, I've only played two rounds so far so I'll give it a little more time.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Is it sad that I bought the pack the day of release, yet still after over a month of not playing have not put the disc in? Don't get me wrong, Reach is amazing. I honestly don't know why I haven't bothered. It's the only shooter game besides SWBF1/2 where I actually enjoy playing online, even if I suck. (well, I play Monday Night Combat on occasion too, but technically that's a third person shooter)
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Has any body found secret elites? (golden rangers, silver elites (not ultras of flying rangers, the spec ops on the second mission)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

The Bobs? Yeah, I accidentally found one, but I wasn't the one who got the kill :?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I've found a few, including the bizarre white ones on Sword Base (will either spawn in the courtyard on the return visit or near shotgun spawn in the base) that can use any of the Elite armors.

Also, I'm a Brigadier now. Pretty sure that means it's 700000 to get to General for me. Yaaaaaay.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

Finally got "If they came to hear me beg" today and I'm 1 level (2 if you count Lone Wolf) away from a Monument to all your sins
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

I haven't been playing Halo recently due to my increased liking of Black Ops. Still only 3/4ths of the way to Lt. Colonel Grade 3.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Teancum wrote:The Bobs? Yeah, I accidentally found one, but I wasn't the one who got the kill :?
Ok great, its just that i want to know if anybody has found one that i dont know, i have found 27:

7 on Winter Contingency
2 on ONI
3 on Nightfall (possibly 4)
4 on ToTS (possibly 5)
5 on LNoS
3 on the Package
2 on PoA
1 on Lone Wolf

And of course the secret legendary elite at the beggining of mision 2

And now that you talk about ranks... No hacks here, this is offline, when i get my XBL license in some weeks i will surely loose it:
http://img574.imageshack.us/i/vgs.mp4/

I am halfway to Legend as you can see.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

Hey guys, I just got Reach... but a MAJOR decision to make. I haven't gotten Xbox Live yet, and I've raked in credits and armor all the way up to Warrant Officer Grade 1. If I join Xbox Live, I'll lose a major portion of that stuff. Is it worth joining Xbox Live? And the bigger question, will it pay off in the form of a faster means of gaining more? :shock: :runaway: Anyways, I love the game. Can't wait to see you guys on LIVE. :thumbs:
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

CommanderFixer wrote:Hey guys, I just got Reach... but a MAJOR decision to make. I haven't gotten Xbox Live yet, and I've raked in credits and armor all the way up to Warrant Officer Grade 1. If I join Xbox Live, I'll lose a major portion of that stuff. Is it worth joining Xbox Live? And the bigger question, will it pay off in the form of a faster means of gaining more? :shock: :runaway: Anyways, I love the game. Can't wait to see you guys on LIVE. :thumbs:
You will lose quite a bit, but it's not that much. You will earn credits way faster online and there's challenges and Gruntpocalypse and all.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

Sounds good. I made a ridiculous firefight skull where the player has 25% gravity, 300x jump height, and 300% speed, in exchange for smarter and stronger enemies, also adding catch into the mix. So far, I'm proficient with the Needle Rifle. Is that weapon seen at all in matchmaking?
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

CommanderFixer wrote:Sounds good. I made a ridiculous firefight skull where the player has 25% gravity, 300x jump height, and 300% speed, in exchange for smarter and stronger enemies, also adding catch into the mix. So far, I'm proficient with the Needle Rifle. Is that weapon seen at all in matchmaking?
Yeah, it's pretty common in maps, and you spawn with it in Elite Slayer and Invasion and stuff
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

My gamerscore is now 1 2 3 4 5 -- 12345! I almost don't want to drop Reach in today to play! :D
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

I've been trying for HOURS to get the "If they came to hear me beg..." achievement. :faint: If it were so easy. And a happy new year to all! (In less than 20 minutes EST) :thumbs:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Check out this Elite costume. I'll take three!

http://gadgetsin.com/awesome-halo-elite ... nderfx.htm
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Teancum wrote:Check out this Elite costume. I'll take three!

http://gadgetsin.com/awesome-halo-elite ... nderfx.htm
I saw this on Kotaku a while back. I think these guys also did a Mass Effect costly, with a big monster character similar to the Elite.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Looks like Bungie is being very generous this week to start off the new year. If you complete 16 Daily Challenges you will receive 16000cR. I've only complete 2 so far today. It sucks of all weeks to do it, though. I'm back in school and so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to complete all those challenges.