Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fusion »

I'm glad I noticed this one coming back, otherwise I would have missed all 4 for the day. I guess I'm going to be forced against my will to get all 4 until Thursday again this week.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

May I ask what any of your GTs are? My gamertag is UBERMEISTER32. I hate to say it, but check out my fileshare if you want. I have two maps: Crash Site, which is a crashed UNSC frigate with Invasion and Big Team support. (Obviously you need the gametype to play it) and Lost Purpose, an Infection map. The gametype for it is not required, however.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Sorry Fixer, but I don't usually hand out my gamtertag to people on GT that I don't know that well.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

If you guys want a good read, go out and get Cryptum if you can find it. It reveals a lot about the Forerunners, their relation to Humanity and the Prophets, and some interesting stuff about the Precursors.

Massive last page spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Let's just say the last Precursor really likes ominously speaking with seven syllables and confusing AIs.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Fusion wrote:If you guys want a good read, go out and get Cryptum if you can find it. It reveals a lot about the Forerunners, their relation to Humanity and the Prophets, and some interesting stuff about the Precursors.

Massive last page spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Let's just say the last Precursor really likes ominously speaking with seven syllables and confusing AIs.
Hmm... I might take you up on that offer, Fusion. Hey btw (sorry to go a little off topic), did you get my PM about expanding this thread & possibly adding Black Ops too?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

How about an Xbox Live thread?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Grev wrote:How about an Xbox Live thread?
Like this?

forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23283
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

We are on something big today, it was revealed on B.net that there is a golden BOB on New Alexandria. This is the best thing i have seen about BOBs on Reach.... http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/globalchallenges.aspx

Any of you killed it yet?
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Nah, I recently got up and I've barely done any school so I'm gonna have to do it later.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

After about 12 minutes of searching I found it. It will spawn on an edge of the map and fly to another edge very quickly until it disappears, about 150 altitude. Seeing as this is Legendary you will most likely be hit at some point and also be smoking, so make sure you can see everything through the smoke. The Banshee will never stop, if you see it early on just keep firing at it.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I just can't get back into Reach. As strong as the multiplayer is Halo 3 has the maps I love. I can't say I'm too attached to any of Reach's maps except maybe the Ivory Tower remake.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Fusion wrote:After about 12 minutes of searching I found it. It will spawn on an edge of the map and fly to another edge very quickly until it disappears, about 150 altitude. Seeing as this is Legendary you will most likely be hit at some point and also be smoking, so make sure you can see everything through the smoke. The Banshee will never stop, if you see it early on just keep firing at it.
Great... since i dont have XBL yet, i cannot know if i killed it, but do you think you can look at the vid and see if there is an actual elite inside the banshee, and upload a pic to the fileshare?

Would be great.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Has anyone gotten this week's challenge? I tried to do it by myself last night and it was pretty hard. I would suggest getting some friends to help you along the way before you start playing.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, I got it last night in co-op after failing the first time by myself. Let the AI kill the grunts and skirmishers, pop out and hit an Elite with two overcharged Plasma Pistol shots and either you or the AI will get the headshot.

It's a bit easier by yourself, just make sure you utilize the forklift to block the sword elite at the end.

Also, in co-op, if you're fast and can maneuver around Elites like I can, have one person draw the sword Elite out of the back room and then assassinate the two concussion rifle Elites, starting with the one working at the console. You'll die a few times but this works better than getting into a long firefight with the two concussion rifle Elites and then realizing you have to punch them to death while they're both shooting at you.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

Hey, it's been a while since anyone has posted something here. I found some really awesome remakes of Halo: CE maps. Boarding Action is by far the best I've seen besides Beaver Creek and Hang 'em High. Just head over to Bungie.net to find the topic that has the links. Here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49975558
Anyways, I just got to Lt. Colonel. Honestly, I have no clue as to how I got there. This week's challenge is easy. :)
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

If only I could see screenshots of the maps before I download them because I like to see how well they did on them since some I don't think I've ever seen before.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

You should check B.net, they post the screenshots there.

Also, has someone seen Achievement Horse? series was pretty nice until today...
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Yeah, I've been following that series. Pretty funny, the only thing I don't like all the swearing. I wish they would keep it below PG-13.

And where can I see the screenshots for the maps on B.net?

EDIT:
Wow lol, I watched the Achievement Pig for today and it failed.... What happened to Geoff? Where's Geoff? That other guy that they got was such a whiner...
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Yeah, the swearing is bad...
IDK what happened to Geoff... sadly he wasnt on part 9...

To watch pics on B.net, just click on the Read More section of the Comm Chatter, scroll down, and the remade map pics are there, but for some reason i cant find them now....
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Such disrespect for Joel. How unexpected, considering it's the man, the myth, the legend, behind Caboose from RvB. I want to see a Joel v Geoff HORSE. THAT, would be a battle.