Lego Star Wars (PC) Reviewed

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Lego Star Wars (PC) Reviewed

Post by Teancum »

Does anyone remember the game Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles for the PS1? Remember how you thought "Man, this is a good game. But it could be so much more!" Well, your wish is granted. Welcome to LEGO Star Wars.

Graphics: 10/10
When I fired up the demo just weeks after it came out, I was blown away at how wonderful it looked. It really does look like, well Lego Star Wars! All of the signature LEGO trademarks are there, and at the same time you're totally immersed in the Star Wars universe. I've played the game thuroughly and have not noticed any graphical errors or bugs. And it runs very well on my system.

Sound: 8/10
Have you ever played a Star Wars game with terrible sound? I thought not. This is no exception. My only reason to dock points is that there are no character sounds or dialouge.

Gameplay: 10/10
It's just perfect. Everything I wanted. It has two player co-operative through the whole game, you can switch characters at will so long as they are in your party, and you can even use unlocked characters and go back and play levels you've beaten with them. There are plenty of unlockables: Characters, a secret mission (haven't unlocked it yet), cheats, even gags like moustaches and other funny character mods. There are quite a few jedi, lots of military characters, plus others. Many characters have special abilities. For instance, Anakin is the only one able to get into some areas. Just like in with Anakin's ability, you'll have to use different characters for different tasks. To get all of the secrets in each level, you'll have to go back with different characters to get to certain places. For instance, some you'll have to use Jar-Jar's super-high jump in places. The replay value is very high, and you'll have great fun playing alone and with a friend. No bugs to speak of, either.

Control: 8/10
I set up the PC controls to my Nyko AirFlo (PS2 style) gamepad, and felt right at home. The game truly plays best on a gamepad. The only complaint I had is that there was not a control for the camera, as I could have used it in a few places. But the game is scripted as such so that it would be a pain to do that.

Conclusion:
Honestly, if you haven't played it, do so. It's a darn fun game. It has tons of replay value, and has all of your favorite Episode 1-3 characters. Honestly, I'd recommend paying the 20 bucks for it no matter what platform.

Final Score: 9/10

Side note: There was a very small LEGO Star Wars modding community. If anyone's interested, maybe we could make one here? Anyways, here' the links to the two most important topics for LSW modding:

http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5093

http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2830
Assasin_Clone

RE: Lego Star Wars (PC) Reviewed

Post by Assasin_Clone »

I agree with the sound thing, there are no dialoges.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Well Lego cant speak! silly :P
Trans

Post by Trans »

Mine can...
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Look at http://www.brickfilms.com Yes lego CAN speak! :P
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, now I'd like to get your feedbacks about this LEGO movie... :)
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

It was funny, but I didnt like the heads of them they were not lego-ish. And they weren't talking. But look at the hundreds of movies made at http://www.brickfilms.com!
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

I apologise for what might be considered "bumping" a topic, but i can't sign up for fbtb forums for some reason, so getting a modding community here would be good.

I have done several small mods to the game, such as making dexter and the waitress taggable (so you can be them in the bar area), and adding in lukes landspeeder and jawa(sadly jawa has messed up legs but oh well)

And lego star wars II :D:D:D:D:D:D:D i can't wait, apparently these are its ADDITIONAL features compared to the original

Based on Eps 4, 5, 6
Character specific moves (chewie pulls arms out.......)
Better co-op camera
Character specific force attacks (lightning......)
get in and out of vehicles.
Play as vehicles unlocked by lego canisters

and more which i can't remember.

darkmole2006
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

and! build your own characters/vehicles

the ablity to get all your unlocked characters from LEGO Star Wars one into LEGO Star Wars II to make over 100 characters
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

yep,this game is great. Only thing I hate about the game was the camera angles sometimes. BUT, flying as R2-D2 fixes everything :D
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : darkmole2006, in case you didn't know it before, an existing thread dealing with LEGO Star Wars : The Original Trilogy can be easily consulted thanks to this URL, which means that the fact you have "resurrected" the current topic won't be that easy to justify...
Moreover, regarding the possible creation of a GameToast sub-section dedicated to LEGO Star Wars : The Video Game, I doubt guru would accept such an adding, as "Modding Possibilities" of this Eidos Interactive-published video-game are rather restricted and not that "innovative"...