SWBF3 Announced

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: SWBF3 Announced

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Zapattack1234 wrote:All I hope is that they make it available for xbox360....fingers crossed
I know, me too. My brother got an Xbone but he's taking it off to college after this summer. Oh well, if it isn't I have enough money saved up for my own. :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Zapattack1234 wrote:All I hope is that they make it available for xbox360....fingers crossed
This. Also, I'm tired of series reboots from EA. They reboot a franchise or a sub-franchise every few years.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I can see why they decided to reboot Battlefront. The name "Star Wars: Battlefront III" seems to have been cursed: Free Radical went under, Rebellion tried but failed to make SWBFIII, instead coming out with Elite Squadron, and have not made another portable Battlefront title since, and then LucasArts themselves went on to try, and they wound up shut down.

I'm just hoping they're true to their claim that this won't be Battlefield with a Star Wars paint job. There was enough to separate the two series from each other - such as the arcadey nature of the original games and the inclusion of an Instant Action feature that the Battlefield series has been lacking.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

They were going to be the same game. Rebellion's was just the mobile version (same story).
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

I also hope that the game will released on ps3 and xbox 360 :bowdown:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:They were going to be the same game. Rebellion's was just the mobile version (same story).
I'd heard somewhere that after Free Radical went under, Rebellion tried to make the console version as well.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

EA has confirmed that DICE's Battlefront will be at E3

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688648 ... nt-e3-2014

With that being said, I have two questions. The first obviously being, "Is it just going to be another CG trailer, or will we actually see something significant?"

If it's actually something significant, what do you guys think it will be like? Don't just say "Battlefield with a Star Wars skin," because you know that's true. That's what we've been playing for the last 10 years :P

My biggest question is the multiplayer; will it be strictly players, or will bots make a return to make the battles more chaotic and populated? I'm fine either way to be honest. I'm just extremely excited to be getting a "Next-Next-Gen" Battlefront (seeing as how we never got a "Next-Gen" Battlefront :P )
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: EA has confirmed that DICE's Battlefront will be at E3

Post by giftheck »

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: EA has confirmed that DICE's Battlefront will be at E3

Post by Teancum »

I think it'll be on the scale of Battlefield, that's for sure. I'm hoping that it's at least 16 players. With dedicated servers on next-gen systems I'd prefer 32. In all honesty though there'd better be a 360 version. That's what I'll buy. I don't feel like building a new PC, and I don't plan on buying a next-gen console for at least another year.

What I hope to see:
  • Customizable classes, but not in the dorky way the PSP Battlefront games did it.
  • EU planets, or at least lesser-known movie ones. We know stuff like Endor and Hoth are dead giveaways, but a planet like Bothawui would be awesome -- someplace we haven't seen in detail before
  • A few EU heroes, despite the change in canon. I doubt the game will be canon anyway, so bring in folks like Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn
  • SIMPLE weapon names. I want "Blaster Rifle", not "Blastech E-11". I don't play SWBF so it feels like Battlefield. Let mods cover things like official names
EDIT

GAH! Merge isn't working with the old skin. Can a staff member using the new skin merge these two topics?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'd buy it dependant on how they handle Single Player. I do not want just a campaign, I'd like an Instant Action mode. It doesn't have to be as big as the multiplayer version - 16 AI players per team would be fine. Not having one at all would be a big turn-off for me, especially seeing how they handled the campaigns of Battlefield 3 and 4: no IA mode and a mediocre campaign would make it exactly how they claim they don't want to make it: Battlefield with a Star Wars paint job.

As for canon, Disney have said all new games going forward will be canon to the films.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sorry; I'm a Neogaf frequent and the policy there is new news, new thread XD

I didn't think to check for a different Battlefront III thread, my bad!
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

So what are your thoughts on this; as most of you know, Battlefield Hardline was leaked a couple of days ago. The interesting part is that in a picture displaying the systems they are developing the game for both PS3 and X360 were shown... So is this at all revelant to the possibility of a Battlefront 3 release on last gen consoles? Just speculating because development on Hardline most likely started around the same time as Battlefront, and even though Hardline is not being developed by DICE, they still fall under EA?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I'd say it's a possibility, but SWBF:3 is planned to be released around the time of Episode VII. Unless Hardline is looking at around that same time, I'm not sure a game with a late 2015 release will have previous gen support.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

I personally believe that there is zero chance of Battlefront to be cross-gen. It's gonna release too far into the new console's life cycles for it to be worth pushing out a previous-gen release.

Also, I just noticed that in a week and a half we will finally get to see more of the "sequel" that we've been waiting almost nine years for. HYPE. IS. RISING!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

The Nasal Abyss wrote:I personally believe that there is zero chance of Battlefront to be cross-gen. It's gonna release too far into the new console's life cycles for it to be worth pushing out a previous-gen release.
Yeah, definitely agreed, especially considering how unstable the 360 and PS3 versions of Battlefield 4 are and whatnot.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Marth8880 wrote: Yeah, definitely agreed, especially considering how unstable the 360 and PS3 versions of Battlefield 4 are and whatnot.
Frostbite 3 was definitely showing its reluctance to be compatible with outdated hardware.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Yep. DICE can only cheat so much and come up with so many workarounds to try to get things to work, and it's been proven in BF4 that it's really not worth the pain, time and money, as sad as it is to say. :(
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

I could be wrong about this, but it seems that a different studio is managing Hardline's campaign, Visceral. If that's the case, then we may get a solid, cinematic campaign from SWBFIII, assuming they do the same thing for Battlefront. Visceral was one of the studios listed for developing Star Wars games. I know DICE will do a great job with multiplayer, provided bugs are kept to minimum. :roll: I doubt they would make a mistake of the same severity again. All in all, I can't wait for June 9th.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

yuke5 wrote:I could be wrong about this, but it seems that a different studio is managing Hardline's campaign, Visceral. If that's the case, then we may get a solid, cinematic campaign from SWBFIII, assuming they do the same thing for Battlefront. Visceral was one of the studios listed for developing Star Wars games. I know DICE will do a great job with multiplayer, provided bugs are kept to minimum. :roll: I doubt they would make a mistake of the same severity again. All in all, I can't wait for June 9th.
I really hope DICE keeps the bugs to a minimum, but in all seriousness I doubt EA learned their lesson. I really don't blame DICE for Brokenfield 4, but if EA shoves Battlefront 3 out the doors half baked I think we can expect similar results.
Last edited by Zapattack1234 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.