EA gets rights to all Future StarWars Games!!

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

EliteJay
Private Second Class
Projects :: Star Destroyer V1.0
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

EA gets rights to all Future StarWars Games!!

Post by EliteJay »

Electronic Arts will be the exclusive provider of games based on the Star Wars series, Disney and the game developer announced jointly on Monday.

Following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm last year, it shut down the LucasArts game development division, indicating its preference to license console games rather than develop them in-house. Now, Electronic Arts will be the only publisher creating Star Wars games for a "core gaming audience," according to today's press release.

Electronic Arts said that its in-house game teams DICE (Battlefield) and Visceral (Dead Space) will work on Star Wars titles, in addition to BioWare, the team behind EA's existing Star Wars MMO The Old Republic.

Meanwhile, Disney will "retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet ...

So this means were definitely getting Battlefrot III!!! I mean what other titles could try work on other then the ones that the people actually want ?? There's literally nothing else other then making sequels to the popular games or rebooting them in a alike version. These are the same people who made battlefield III also !! And even better it's on the frostbite engine!!!
Here's a bonus link
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... ully-make/
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: EA gets rights to all Future StarWars Games!!

Post by Marth8880 »

EliteJay
Private Second Class
Projects :: Star Destroyer V1.0
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by EliteJay »

Oops well here's a vid if no one has saw that yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-zAysRoMs
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Just post it in the other thread, dawg. d:()