[Possible fake]Interview With Ex-Lucas Arts Employee

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

[Possible fake]Interview With Ex-Lucas Arts Employee

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Link removed .

[[[gametoast.com warns you this site is not a known source for real gaming news and the interview at this link may in fact be fake, if this line is removed your account and ip will be permanently blocked ]]]

You need to read this, its incredable what this guy answers! There is a lot of insight, especilly on some project's that were cancelled. The Gloomwalkers manged to get this interview exclusivly and it is here were you will read it first. [/u]
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront

Re: Interview With Ex-Lucas Arts Employee

Post by noMatt »

Disney sucks
And what he said is very sad.
Two finished games killed again
This interview makes me cry

Edit: i'm also sad because of 150 person without jobs.
Last edited by noMatt on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

It's mentioned in thier that we were trying to get back on top. I think it is unfair to think that the games would come out gargbage, especially consdiering none of us can judge that for our selves now. I truly beleive that they would have sold and that they would be good games. For someone to lose thier job in this matter, it saddens me to. You guys shuold stay tuned, you might just get some more information in the future...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I see no reason to believe this is real. Why would a LucasArts employee, especially one who knew the goings-on, pick a random fansite to interview with? They would (and have) go to bigger press to get their story told.

Alexa rank of Gloom Walkers: 16,588,046
Alexa rank of your average large-scale news site: less than 20,000
That's over 800 times LESS popular than your average large-scale news site.

Very likely fake. There are also some spelling/grammar errors that people would not make during such an interview -- they don't want to look like fools.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Im sorry you feel that way, however the gloomwalkers have no reason to lie or fool anyone. It should be mentioned that some of the grammer errors are being corrected and that a little over excitment played a role in the article (It's not everyday an interview like this is done given the situation). However this is not fake, your certianly free to think what you want though. It's been sent to several game websites already, there is no reason why they would go through this effort to fool anyone, especially considering we(including gloomwalkers) are fans of the now deceased gaming branch. What kind of cruel person would even lie about such a thing? Anyway expect some more exciting things coming up.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

It's in my nature to be skeptical. One of my jobs is in video game journalism, and you'd be surprised how often small sites do this sort of stuff to generate hits. And when I'd say "you'd be surprised", that means like 95% of these sorts of stories. Either they're fake, or they can't be verified because the small site will not list the "source" to the press of the larger site for verification.

There are other red flags here, too. Like how did they have a relationship with a LucasArts employee, and how did they know which one to contact?

****EDIT****

Also, I'm not sure if you're on the writing staff, but it's a SERIOUSLY bad idea to post contact information for developers. Doing so burns bridges, then sets those ashes on fire, then sets off a nuke in the chasm the bridge used to go over. Most devs get really pissed. Though that information is technically public, nobody wants that stuff easy to find. They want people to have to work for it. I'd suggest removing contact info and screenshots. It's up to you, but if Gloom Walkers is looking to be a news source it's important to respect privacy. Sometimes the big sites do stuff like this (but nowhere near this bad, they try to keep names and such private) but they have the clout to do so.

http://www.gwgnetwork.com/2013/04/first ... the-works/
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Well that's a perfectly solid way of thinking. Back in high school I was a journalist myself, and im not one for beleiving the first thing I see either. Ive been working with these guys for a few years now and to say that this isn't legit is understandable. I doubt our source is going to reveal himself and risk some unwanted phonecalls from disney whom owns the licenses now. All I can offer is that we wouldn't do anything as sick as to flat out lie to a community or anyone especially considering we were just as hurt as most people when we found out lucas arts got the axe. I can say that we do have something else coming up fiarly soon and maybe it will clarify some stuff.

In the past we have done our own research and we have contacted and recieved messages by a few employees in the buissness such as spark unlimted and some employees in lucas arts before. Heck our efforts even sprouted interest in battlefront III in 2011, 4 major gaming websites such ign and game informer mentioned the research done by the gloomwalkers. So either though I can't produce solid right in your face proof that this is real, we do have credit to our name.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

As someone with a web company since 1999 I'm going to say the article is a fake made to stir up emotion and traffic, disgruntled employees of a massive game company don't go leak info to a crappy kids gaming blog with less traffic then my neighbors kids blog about cookies. Ill let this link stay live under the warning to users enjoy reading the interview as entertainment as in truth employees would have and been welcomed and likely paid big to speak with a real gaming site like game spot or ign. Nothing in the interview leads me to believe its true or by any real news site or even writing / journalist novice.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: [Possible fake]Interview With Ex-Lucas Arts Employee

Post by Ping »

I almost stopped reading after I saw the phrase "poor money into it." Honestly, anytime something has grammatical and spelling errors, I immediately call fake; there's no way a legitimate website publishing a legitimate interview would look so amateurish. Plus, all the answers are short and kind of robotic sounding to me; alot of them don't feel natural-sounding.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

noMatt wrote:Disney sucks
Off-topic: Oh, yeah, Disney sucks. They only made The Lion King, Aladdin, Disneyland/world, The Avengers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pixar (pretty much), virtually every classic animated film ever, and basically sculpted our childhoods. Yeah, Disney suuure sucks. :p

Point is Disney knows what it's doing and it's not full of idiots (mostly anyway - exclude the last to PotC movies and call me Roger); get over yourselves.

re: the interview, probably fake (which I'm basing off of like zero grounds lol). I mean, I'm the CEO and President of BioWare, but that doesn't mean I am. You know? :P
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I removed the link if you want to find it google the site. Ill be removing this topic shortly and updating the ops ranks accordingly
ultimategamersidious
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3

Post by ultimategamersidious »

I know you guys are really skeptical with this and you may be asking yourselves why you should trust me. But there is a reason for everything and I know who the source is. Trust me or not the interview is real...
Grammar? Do you know how the interview was made?
Why he leaked it on a small site? Because Gloomwalkers asked for it.
I am ready to discuss everything (but give me some time, am really busy...).

When I read about all the people saying it was fake it was pretty sad for us...

I hope I could enlighten your thoughts lol
So all in all, no fake.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

ultimategamersidious wrote:I know you guys are really skeptical with this and you may be asking yourselves why you should trust me. But there is a reason for everything and I know who the source is. Trust me or not the interview is real...
Grammar? Do you know how the interview was made?
Why he leaked it on a small site? Because Gloomwalkers asked for it.
I am ready to discuss everything (but give me some time, am really busy...).

When I read about all the people saying it was fake it was pretty sad for us...

I hope I could enlighten your thoughts lol
So all in all, no fake.
That doesn't tell me much more.

1) "Do you know how this interview was made?" - no, I don't; it would have been helpful if you actually said how it was done. Even if it was over Skype or email, that's no excuse for some spelling errors. You make it look professional. In addition, I should point out the all caps portion: I have yet to see any site publish interview answers IN ALL CAPS, since it is very OBNOXIOUS and AMATEURISH looking. It looks like a 12-14 year old just made it up on the spot, quite frankly.

2) Ok, the site asked for it. But if it somebody wanted publicity, or to get word out, they would go to a large site, like Kotaku or IGN, not some small website most people are unaware of.

3) Most of the responses look and sound like answers Disney haters want to hear so they can say "I told ya so," instead of adopting a more reasonable wait and see approach.

4) All's you're really saying is "Trust us it's real," without giving anything to back it up.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Ping wrote:3) Most of the responses look and sound like answers Disney haters want to hear so they can say "I told ya so," instead of adopting a more reasonable wait and see approach.
This. NOBODY in the industry would take the "up yours Disney" approach if they wanted to keep any future jobs. There are several instances where they take that stance, and here's the thing: anonymous sources rarely stay that way within developer/publisher/press circles. If this guy (or possibly gal) did say this kind of stuff he's committing career suicide with his attitude.

There are other signs that are concerning, too:
"I recently had the chance to talk to a former LucasArts employee, who has been a fan of our site for quite some time, about what is next for the Star Wars gaming franchise."
Quite some time? The first news post was November 5, 2012. Five months. As in you haven't even been open half a year. As in not long enough to be "quite some time". Even if it were, that person would have had to have known about the site day one to become such a fan. :funny2:
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

Crappy blog likely 100% fake most of the replies in the interview seen like an Indian to English converter tool was used, I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say I looked at the site and if a veteran of a massive computer gaming design firm was a fan of 5 kids giggling to each other in forums and generic posts then this source was indeed "challenged"

If moderators want to toss original poster and this entire topic feel free, up to y'all
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Nah, Runaway's fine. Just got tricked by someone who set out to do just that. Thread can be locked though, credibility was nuked to the ground.