Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Post by Maveritchell »

Fusion wrote:I do wonder how they're going to give out the Unova Hidden Ability Starters, though. There are Contrary Serperior in the Battle Maison but there's no way for us to currently get them.
You can breed in the Dream World abilities (without a parent having that ability) now. When they discovered that Froakie had Protean, a few people bred the ability in before people realized he could be caught in Friend Safari. I'd assume that's the mechanism for getting them for any 'mon.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Hidden abilities can only pass if the two parents are from the same evolutionary chain (barring Nidorina and Nidoqueen) and one or both have the ability, or if a parent with the hidden ability breeds with a Ditto. Ditto having a hidden ability has no effect on the child.

The Protean Froakie/Frogadier discovered before the game launched were likely from the Friend Safari, as the leakers who got the game had all just recently beaten the champion and were probably testing that out.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Sooooooo it still stands that you can breed them in, once they're in game?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

10/29
The hidden abilities for the Unova starters were never released, so they can't be passed on through breeding as there needs to be a parent of that evolutionary chain that has one.

11/1 (Might as well do it myself because they keep getting merged anyways despite being completely different posts) Edit:

I would not recommend using the Wonder Trade right now until we have some answers. Apparently people are starting to receive "Egg" through it. This egg has the same data structure as the Bad Eggs of the past, being obtained on 0/0/2000 in the Mystery Zone and never hatching. It is effectively a wasted spot in your boxes and can sometimes have rather nasty effects which are often debated as being real or not (cloning itself and replacing other spots whether they're filled or not, hatching in an endless loop, freezing the game upon hatching).

If you do happen to get one, the only thing you can really do is trade it to another game that isn't used, or trade it to someone who can delete it with 3rd party devices.

I really hate the concept of these eggs. I know why they have to exist, they're placeholders so the game doesn't crash when it encounters a Pokemon with an invalid checksum, but not being able to release them to "punish" hackers is the dumbest thing. Hackers can just delete them; people who play the game legitimately can't do a thing.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Yikes. And if it's introduced, people will try to get rid of it with Wonder Trade, meaning it will become more and more common!
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

You can't trade eggs, real or bad, over the GTS or Wonder Trade. It has to be local or with someone you know.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Whoah. So people are receiving the eggs as a result of glitches? I think I'll take your advice.

In other news, does anyone know where to catch the following Pokémon or have some for trade? I'm assembling a "random" team.
-Drowzee
-Sudowoodo
-Eelektross
Dunno if Sudowoodo is obtainable yet.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It's either glitches or people who are testing the ability to fake GTS servers are being incredibly inconsiderate.

Drowzee is in Psychic Friend Safaris, Sudowoodo appears in Trevenant hordes, and Eelektross isn't in the game yet.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

OK, thanks. Looks like getting Sudowoodo will be my first step!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fusion wrote:11/1 (Might as well do it myself because they keep getting merged anyways despite being completely different posts) Edit:

I would not recommend using the Wonder Trade right now until we have some answers. Apparently people are starting to receive "Egg" through it. This egg has the same data structure as the Bad Eggs of the past, being obtained on 0/0/2000 in the Mystery Zone and never hatching. It is effectively a wasted spot in your boxes and can sometimes have rather nasty effects which are often debated as being real or not (cloning itself and replacing other spots whether they're filled or not, hatching in an endless loop, freezing the game upon hatching).

If you do happen to get one, the only thing you can really do is trade it to another game that isn't used, or trade it to someone who can delete it with 3rd party devices.

I really hate the concept of these eggs. I know why they have to exist, they're placeholders so the game doesn't crash when it encounters a Pokemon with an invalid checksum, but not being able to release them to "punish" hackers is the dumbest thing. Hackers can just delete them; people who play the game legitimately can't do a thing.
Yo, bros, that's what's called a rumor. There's a grand total of one video showing this... thing, and it didn't come from Wonder Trade (and the video was posted two weeks ago). Everything else is unsubstantiated. Make like hitchhikers and don't panic.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm just passing on other information I've heard from people that have received it through wonder trading. I did some Googling of the problems tonight after receiving a tip and gamefaqs, marriland and vp all had some mention of the problem coming from wonder trade. It might be nothing, but I just thought I would give you guys a warning. I've had a bad egg before and couldn't get my AR working with the 5th gen games to get rid of it, so I know how obnoxious they can be.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

I'm having really bad luck finding Sudowoodo. Does anyone have one?

It would be in the wooded path, Route 20, right?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I've only seen one so far and I accidentally fainted it. Try using Honey or Sweet Scent to only find horde battles on that route.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I've got an extra Sudowoodo if you want him. Just jump online.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Finally found one after almost 60 horde battles (I had to replenish Surf's PP 3 times). Thanks for the offer, though.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

So I just bred a 6 IV Nidoran(M) with a Timid nature... and it has Poison Point. Sigh. At least it's in the Monster and Field groups.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Fusion (2036-7622-8752): Woobat, Doduo, Rufflet
Mav (3196-3075-5363): Spheal, Beartic, Dewgong
Fluffly (1435-4719-8979): Panpour, Quagsire, Azumarill
ggctuk (4167-4906-2984): Dedenne, Swirlix, Floette
Deathrow (5214-9389-5756): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb
Twilight_Warrior (1160-9719-4153): Sawk, Meditite, Breloom
Xavious (4768-8243-0776): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim
Cress (4854-6533-0743): Sandshrew, Nincada, Diggersby
Final version of the list until someone else gets the game.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Psst, Fluffy and Deathrow, add me.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

5LQG-WWWW-WWW2-J358

The perfect Gale Wings Talonflame counter that no one expected.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Not to nitpick, but, guh? Butterfree?

That was an inexplicably well-prepared Talonflame, having Sleep Talk like that. And what's up with your Blaziken having Fire Punch instead of Flare Blitz? You're already buying in to the "I could really hurt myself" paradigm with Hi Jump Kick.

By the way, if any of you have a Rhydon with the trade-evo item and want to swap to pick up Rhyperior, let me know. I'd rather do that somewhere like here instead of over the GTS.