Who's playing TOR and where?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Re: Who's playing TOR and where?

Post by Lephenix »

Just bought today, i couldn't resist after playing the free trial this week end, i so wanted to continue, you can meet on Mecrosa Order server (french server) as Lodal (smuggler) or Taysonk (Sith warrior) and other (since i want to do all the classes :runaway: ). I hope to see you ingame guys.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Hey, sorry for bumping, but I wanted to post since I'll be activating my account tomorrow.

So, from a weekend trial, on Kathol Rift I've got a Jedi Shadow lvl 15, but everyone else will be rerolled or is still just lvl 1
Hidden/Spoiler:
Names: "Tali-evotura" (no relation to Mass Effect at all. Pure coincidence) lvl 15 shadow
"Kinetosimpetus" will reroll after unlocking the right species. Trooper/vanguard
"Raeden" will reroll tomorrow. Smuggler/gunslinger.
"D'vorak" lvl 1 knight/sentenal
Is there a GT guild?
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Sadly, there is no GT guild yet. Also, Kathol Rift has become a quiet sever since launch... I have a feeling when the sever transfers come, it'll become a ghost town...
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Most servers have quieted down, but there's still a decent number online I think.

If server transfers kill Kathol Rift, GT could always transfer to a busier server... but that's not even possible yet.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

kinetosimpetus wrote:Most servers have quieted down, but there's still a decent number online I think.

If server transfers kill Kathol Rift, GT could always transfer to a busier server... but that's not even possible yet.
Yeah, Kathol Rift is pretty empty. I've got a few characters on there: Maveritchell (Sage), Vace (Gunslinger), Ave (Sorcerer), Ceva (Bounty Hunter), and Maver (Guardian). I'm currently playing with the Guardian, who's about level 30. I want to get through his storyline but then I'll probably end my playing - work is keeping me too busy to really spend a lot of time playing, and on this run-around, I haven't been able to really catch any FP or Heroic groups.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Well, I haven't seen anyone from GT that I know of, and server transfers are starting to come available... Is there a particular US server that there are GT players on besides Kathol when it's an available option?

----------------------------------------

Info on Character Transfer Service [ Blog - News - FAQ ]

List of available origin servers

Edit: I've transferred to Canderous Ordo
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

So new of a game and it's already quieting down? I'd at least try it but they don't offer a trial other than the 7 day one that is pretty short considering I work at my day job for 10+ hrs leaving little time to play after work and days off are out of the question unless it's raining and I'm stuck in the house.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I think they will be basically opening up the trial to unlimited time, or as I remember them saying, F2P up to lvl 15. Which is about the same thing. Unless the other restrictions from the trials are also removed.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Is someone playing on Jar'Kai Sword?? I have both Jedi and Sith character.
my name is Commandern-elf
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Since my last post servers were merged again, so now anyone who was on Kathol Rift, Canderous Ordo, and some others is now on Jedi Covenant.

And there is now a Free to Play option!
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I've got a level 50 Sith Juggernaut on Jedi Covenant. I play because i'm a Star Wars fan. I like to have fun when I play and I don't care who I group with as long as there is no one ruining the fun. I don't PvP because I just don't see the point and it feels clunky. At this point all I really do is dailies and Flashpoints. :)
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

It was fun, but I got sick and tired of those stats guys and the like. That and not finding any groups just sapped the will out of me to play this or other MMOs similar to this. It looks like PlanetSide2 will be the only MMO I think I'll stick around for more then a year right now.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I've been playing with a group of friends (kinetos included) on Jedi Cov, and I find that it's fun both with and without groups. I can solo most of the Heroics if I just keep going and backtrack every so often. Of course, that also means I end up with lower-ended gear than what I already have, sometimes, but even just the Orange items are nice so I can buy mods to improve them if I like the look.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

@Ace: I've added you on all my Imps.

I also am enjoying my lvl 43ish Juggernaut, but I have at least one of each class, because I gotta do all the stories. Juggernaut is one of my favorites.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

It looks like BioWare might be developing free-flight space battles for this game. :thumbs:
Provided by BioWare at the Community Cantina in Seattle on Saturday 31st August 2013.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9Pokw9jtg

Source

Does anyone else here still play this game? :)
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

1) :o !!!!!!!!! AWESOME. That is all.

2) Yes, I still play on Jedi Cov, I've seen that you're online some as well.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Do. Want.

I still play occasionally. Though, now that school has started back up, it's going to be MUCH less frequently, and it wasn't all that frequent to begin with.
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

Woah, awesome video.
I still play it, in The Red Eclipse server. My guild is Hispania Republic. And my characters are: Z'una (Jedi Knight, Sentinel), Zuna-rayshe'a (Jedi Consular, Shadow), Ca'tra (Trooper, Commando), Urduin (Trooper, Vanguard) and Ururrab (Sith Inquisitor, Sorcerer).
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Sorry to bump this topic! But I just started playing TOR and really enjoy it! Lvl 13 Cyborg Jedi Knight, Guardian now.

I'm very new to the skill systems and pvp points or whatever?

Also, is it possible to achieve greater lvls and gears by playing the free game?

Would love to hear your opinion :)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

You can, in fact, get higher levels and gear as a free player. The only gear you can't get as a free player are artifact items (purple items), but you can buy access to use them either from the store for cash money or from the ingame trade market for a little under 200k credits, should you so choose.

I still play with Kinetos on the Jedi Covenant server. Very fun game. Of course, I'm not a big MMO player, so I can't really compare it to WoW or anything, and admittedly, most of the appeal for me is the brand. If it wasn't Star Wars, I probably wouldn't still be playing. But I do enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm technically a free player now (though I was subscribed for a few months), but I've purchased most of the "subscriber bonuses" for my entire account. A couple extra character slots so I can have one of every class, one more crew skill, all of the aesthetic unlocks (unify colors, hide head slot, display titles, etc), another inventory slot, the works. So for basically the cost of a retail game right now (around $60), I play all of my characters for as long as I want for free with everything subscribers have. Well... I still have a limit to how many credits I can carry, and I get a bit less exp, but I rarely need more than 30k credits at a time (the cap for "preferred" players is 350k), and if you do all of the quests, you're overlevelled, anyway.