Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by commanderawesome »

THEWULFMAN wrote:1st and 3rd person, it looks like classic arcade mechanics with modern graphics and sound design.

I'm happy.
Agreed.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Is it only me, or does the Lava on sulust look like plastic??
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

CommanderCody wrote:there will be 20 more AI pilots to make that battle more alive!
I'm really looking forward to it :runaway:
I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not 20 more AI players. They're replacing 20 human players with 20 AI.

Walker Assault is 40 players. 20v20.
Fighter Squadron is 20 players and 20 AI. Still 20v20, but only 10v10 are players.
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CommanderCody »

Ok, but what sense make it?
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

So, an open beta was just announced for early October. If there is some sort of party system I'm thinking some of us GT guys should play together for a little bit and have some fun. :)
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

I didn't see any mention of the beta being open on the Battlefront website and the text doing really imply any thing one way or another. Do you have a source?
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

jedimoose32 wrote:I didn't see any mention of the beta being open on the Battlefront website and the text doing really imply any thing one way or another. Do you have a source?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... ta/cun1x82

Sledgehammer is a community manager at DICE. Said it himself.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Awesome. I'll definitely be on board then.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Post by PRECISION »

Have any of you played this game by any chance? I played the closed alpha back in the begining of July. Best freaking Star Wars expirenece I have been in for a long time. I loved it so much, played 10 straight hours of it.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

I haven't yet, but I sure as heck wish I had. Hopefully I'll be there for the beta.

Also, after being extremely annoyed by *certain* charts going around spreading misinformation, I decided to make my own chart that's unbiased, has more info, includes ALL the games and only has confirmed facts.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15iX ... sp=sharing
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

commanderawesome wrote:Also, after being extremely annoyed by *certain* charts going around spreading misinformation, I decided to make my own chart that's unbiased, has more info, includes ALL the games and only has confirmed facts.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15iX ... sp=sharing
Great chart! Although SWBF2's DLC was $4.99, not free, haha.

There's also this gem:
Hidden/Spoiler:
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

No clones, no mods = no money!

I don't want this to be crap, but I think it will be... They're skimping, one space map. one. and you could have a hundred, GC was THE best. I had a plan for BF3, this is much worse. And heros are a pick up, WTF?

This is basicly time-spliters with a star wars theme. I'm guessing there WILL be two eras, Classic, and sequel. BUT, I'm not interested in playing an arcade game like this. It sucks, doesn't make good use of the lore.

If it had proper Offline with full AI, and modding, like change everything modding? Cash instantly and PC upgrade. But otherwise, no. Sorry, I want to be there, I want to swing my sabre, I want to forget about IRL, if you pop a token infront of me for Darth vader? You break my immersion. Keep it G-rated, please. -Staff

Will it make a good game? Probably. Will it be better than battlefield? Probably not. Will it be different, yes. Will it look better than the prequel's CGI? Probably. Does any of that make it a good star wars game? No. No it does not.

This is a game with a star wars skin, and not a stand-out one at that, and god help whoever tries to play it on launch.

Does the fact I won't like it mean it'll suck? No. but it won't add anything to the franchise that isn't added on paper, in the old games, You WERE mace windu, You WERE Vader, this is very obviously Playing as... pretending to be... I can't suspend my disbelief. And you know what? That's fine. I won't like it, but I hope you will, but there is nothing in this game, that is added by it being star wars other than pure brand factor, it could be halo, battlestar galatica, or starship troopers, and all the pieces would still fit flush, it's star wars wall paper, noting more.

I'n not saying Dice doesn't love that wall paper, or that it won't look cool, but dice, have never used a licence well before. They have a sandbox of IRL, and can do what they want with it, this time, all they've done, is replace it with something else.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

There was a dlc for bf2? ?
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Anakin wrote:There was a dlc for bf2? ?

Yeah, the ren-var and bespin maps, with Kit Fisto and Assajj Ventress. Don't worry if you have the compatiblity mod, you've got everything there and more.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Anakin wrote:There was a dlc for bf2? ?
As far as I remember correctly and as ARC 1778 has mentioned before there was a DLC. But only for X-Box.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Ah. You mean the bf1 maps and kit/assajj from conversion? Was it for free for Xbox?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

@Anakin: Five posts up from yours:
Marth8880 wrote:Although SWBF2's DLC was $4.99, not free, haha.
Also:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Wookieepedia"]Xbox Live Downloadable Content

On January 31st 2006, downloable content was released allowing Xbox Live users for $4.99 to add multiple levels and two new Clone Wars heroes to their gaming experience. The download includes:

New heroes
[list][*]Kit Fisto: A Republic hero who is stronger and more bulky than most of the other heroes. His powers include Saber Throw, Force Water Orb and Force Destruction.
[*]Asajj Ventress: A villainess who has fiber-cord linked lightsabers and is the CIS answer to Aayla Secura. Her powers are Starblades and Force Push.
[*]Anakin Skywalker: While not actually a new hero, Anakin can be played on the Republic for the first time outside of the campaign. This Anakin is before his descent to the dark side and can only be played on the Yavin 4 Arena map. He has all the same abilities as the Imperial Anakin.[/list]

New levels
[list][*]Bespin: Cloud City
[*]Yavin 4: Arena
[*]Rhen Var: Harbor
[*]Rhen Var: Citadel[/list]

NOTE: These maps are from the first game and, along with the Kashyyyk: Beachhead map, can be played in Hero Assault mode.

New modes
[list][*]Rhen Var: Harbor – Wampa Hunt[/list]
Wampas (claws) vs. Rebels (All Types)[/quote]
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Marth8880 wrote: Great chart! Although SWBF2's DLC was $4.99, not free, haha.
Corrected. ;)
Marth8880 wrote:There's also this gem:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yeah, that one's awesome, too.
ARC1778 wrote:No clones, no mods = no money!
I'm guessing there WILL be two eras, Classic, and sequel.
I still think there's gonna be a Clone Wars DLC.
ARC1778 wrote:one space map. one.
It's worse than that, there's NONE.
ARC1778 wrote:If it had proper Offline with full AI.
There WILL be offline with bots, that much has been confirmed. I dunno how good the bots will be, but they're there.
ARC1778 wrote:And you know what? That's fine. I won't like it, but I hope you will
Lemme put it this way, nothing on this planet is gonna stop me from wasting money on this game. I don't care if it's just a "Star Wars wallpaper". I'll still probably like it. I'm a complete sucker for anything Star Wars. :P
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

I still think there's gonna be a Clone Wars DLC.
IS THIS CONFIRMED? (I am almost about to eat everything I said.)
It's worse than that, there's NONE.

No I mean if they had made one, they could have made them all. Sorry, that was bad english.
There WILL be offline with bots, that much has been confirmed. I dunno how good the bots will be, but they're there.
I;m not convinced. I'm seeing a "replay mission option" I worry well need to defend or attack hoth, and won't have the option between empire or rebels.
ARC1778 wrote:And you know what? That's fine. I won't like it, but I hope you will
Lemme put it this way, nothing on this planet is gonna stop me from wasting money on this game. I don't care if it's just a "Star Wars wallpaper". I'll still probably like it. I'm a complete sucker for anything Star Wars. :P
I'm a sucker too, I just happen to be a discerning girl. I won't buy anything that just comes out, 5 POA action figure? It had better be something real good.

but what I'm seeing here is a star wars themed game, (and I think it will be fun) but not an -in universe experience, and that's what I want, I don't buy pop figures of star wars characters, because they have no value to me, cute as they are, and unfortunately I don't think this will etheir.

The co-op mode looks really cool, and I like that they did that, and the load-outs, although I can't get 100% behind it, I can understand it totally, but its so stupid, pick-ups? See if this thing comes out and the pick ups are "side-objectives" in supply-drop creates, I will 360 sooo Diet Dr. Pepper fast, but I just can't, it's carried by the license, they made another game, themed like this, and know what if it comes out and it isn't gamey, and looks good, I'll come give it a go, but I am not convinced, the lack of modding, horrifies me, I'd understand if they'd said no mods for 5 years until we shut the servers down they you'll get mod tools, but no, just no mods, period.

I'm glad their not pulling thier, use our servers only rubbish they normally do. But SWBF, wasn't the greatest game ever, we made it a better game for sure, and your skin changer, made it the game closer to what I wanted it to be desperately, but the thing is, it was the first, so it's basic features we forgave, it's basic failures we forgot, because there was no alternative, SWBF made it because of it's new features, with this new BF, there is an alternative, an alternative that uses the theme better.

They say At-at aren't fun to drive, well do your coding right and we won't have to, you'll have bots, but give us the OPTION. In the old game you could do everything that one person could do in that universe, in this game, you can't, you're limited by factors that are not in-universe or the engine.

and to me, that's something that I find hard to forgive, and given that i'm seeing shiny shiny coins everywhere with lightsabres on them, that's too far.