Post Your Creations!

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Post Your Creations!

Post by 501st_commander »

Nihillo wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Noob question time: How does one acquire sandstone? :D
Sand + sand + sand + more sand (4 times total). You don't even need a crafting bench.
It also spawns naturally now in 1.3
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

RogueKnight wrote:Some shots of my third minecraft world, I'll post descriptions after school. :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
I seriously lol'd at that. :P Awesome idea.
RogueKnight wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You should turn that into an actual double bed, like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
501st_commander wrote:
Nihillo wrote:Sand + sand + sand + more sand (4 times total). You don't even need a crafting bench.
It also spawns naturally now in 1.3
Yeah buh it's kinda rare, and you can't really tell if it's sandstone or just sand unless you get close it.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

It depends on where you look :D

i found about 64 of them so far.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Not an ingame creation, but a creation of the fan art genus: The background to my youtube channel. It's still a WIP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpGrevious

If you can't see the full thing, it's just the size of your screen. I don't know what to do on a PC, but on a Mac, press command - to zoom out and see the whole thing.
RogueKnight wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Back view
]
Dang, that's awesome! Nice base!
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Actually, sandstone isn't rare at all. It's at the bottom of every stack of sand, usually in layers of 2 or 3.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Actually, sandstone isn't rare at all. It's at the bottom of every stack of sand, usually in layers of 2 or 3.
Not every. My beach homestead I posted earlier had clean stone at the bottom (that I dug out and filled in with regular sand), and I haven't found any in the giant desert I described, either. It's alright, though, I've got upwards of 250ish blocks of sand, so I can easily make myself a sandstone floor for a sand-buried hideout.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Actually, sandstone isn't rare at all. It's at the bottom of every stack of sand, usually in layers of 2 or 3.
Not every. My beach homestead I posted earlier had clean stone at the bottom (that I dug out and filled in with regular sand), and I haven't found any in the giant desert I described, either. It's alright, though, I've got upwards of 250ish blocks of sand, so I can easily make myself a sandstone floor for a sand-buried hideout.
If you'd been in those areas before the update, you won't find it, or so I think. I believe only new chunks are affected by updates.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

FERTIG!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Does that look like a natural formation to you? I hope so, cuz I tried really hard, lol (and I'm all out of sand, so I'd have to venture out farther into the desert).
Took me three hours (non-consecutive, I DO have a life, lol), but I finished my underground semi-hidden base.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The interior has four exits, one on each wall. Two of them are steep steps to the surface and two of them are straight(ish) tunnels that go underneath sand dunes

The four exits are all pretty much the same. Double doors surrounded by sand

Aaaaannnnndddd an aerial view of the entire base

Exits are the one you can see in the side of the dune, next to the middle cactus, in front of that cave, and in in front of the lake to the right.
Comments? Flames? Jawas?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Wow! Looks awesome! I couldn't tell what you wanted to show in the first pic until I read the description. I tried doing that with my sand base, but ended up with something completely different.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:FERTIG!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Does that look like a natural formation to you? I hope so, cuz I tried really hard, lol (and I'm all out of sand, so I'd have to venture out farther into the desert).
Took me three hours (non-consecutive, I DO have a life, lol), but I finished my underground semi-hidden base.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The interior has four exits, one on each wall. Two of them are steep steps to the surface and two of them are straight(ish) tunnels that go underneath sand dunes

The four exits are all pretty much the same. Double doors surrounded by sand

Aaaaannnnndddd an aerial view of the entire base

Exits are the one you can see in the side of the dune, next to the middle cactus, in front of that cave, and in in front of the lake to the right.
Comments? Flames? Jawas?
Looks really good! Sandstone makes for some neat looking walls, I think I will try to gather some sand and make a pyramid in a desert somewhere... I'll have to find a desert first, though.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

My friends and I have a server going, so we've got a bunch of sweet structures going.
I'll have to post some later. But right now the server's not up.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

In taberna quando sumus...
Hidden/Spoiler:
I need to built the chimney higher...
RogueKnight wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Back view
]
Grev wrote:Dang, that's awesome! Nice base!
I agree
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Well I'll probably post more later, but this is just a peek at my house.
Hidden/Spoiler:
There's a garden in the back and tons of stuff inside, and right behind me is a big lookout tower on a floating isle.
If you look in the bottom right, there's the duel arena/stadium I was talking about. I'm finished it now.

Fun stuff! Maybe I'll post more later.
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

Just a small floating castle I made just for fun:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Note: It is not the best I can do, the other stuff just isnt ready to get shown.
Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thire »

@commander501stappo

That's pretty nice! I'm thinking about doing a big floating castle as well! :)

And I've uploaded a video of my newest addition to my world in Minecraft! It's an underwater base! My Minecraft World-Part 2! Also check the description for a link to a fail video. :P
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Dohnutt wrote:Well I'll probably post more later, but this is just a peek at my house.
Hidden/Spoiler:
There's a garden in the back and tons of stuff inside, and right behind me is a big lookout tower on a floating isle.
If you look in the bottom right, there's the duel arena/stadium I was talking about. I'm finished it now.

Fun stuff! Maybe I'll post more later.
That sure is a nice everything you have there...
It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it...
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImagessssSSSSSS

I have a new goal for Minecraft. I want to build as many themed bases as possible to spread across my world, not only for exploration purposes, but so I can get experience with every material possible. Right now I have my main mountain base (which is has a natural look composed mainly of dirt, as if it is part of the mountain itself), a sand base (see pics above), and now I'm working on a wooden base and I need to find a place to put a good stone base. A snow/glass(ice) base would also be amazing, but I'd need to find a snowy biome in my world. Also potentially a brick house, but I'm taking this one step at a time.

Pre-post edit: Well, I forgot to hit Submit before starting Minecraft up, lol. I just finished my wooden tree house/tower/fortress base, but it's late here, so I logged off before I could get screenshots. I'll add 'em tomorrow afternoon when I'm done with my homework.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I have a new goal for Minecraft. I want to build as many themed bases as possible to spread across my world, not only for exploration purposes, but so I can get experience with every material possible. Right now I have my main mountain base (which is has a natural look composed mainly of dirt, as if it is part of the mountain itself), a sand base (see pics above), and now I'm working on a wooden base and I need to find a place to put a good stone base. A snow/glass(ice) base would also be amazing, but I'd need to find a snowy biome in my world.
Don't forget the Nether. :)

You could make an obsdian (or whatever blocks you can find in the Nether, I never survived long enough to analyze the terrain) base over a lake of lava.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Nihillo wrote: Don't forget the Nether. :)

You could make an obsdian (or whatever blocks you can find in the Nether, I never survived long enough to analyze the terrain) base over a lake of lava.
Lol one step at a time. I just found my first diamond this afternoon, and you need a diamond pickaxe to harvest obsidian, don't you?
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Lol one step at a time. I just found my first diamond this afternoon, and you need a diamond pickaxe to harvest obsidian, don't you?
Indeed.

And yeah, don't go exploring strange dimensions without properly equipping yourself first, I learned that the hard way. :lol:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Twilight_Warrior wrote: I just finished my wooden tree house/tower/fortress base, but it's late here, so I logged off before I could get screenshots. I'll add 'em tomorrow afternoon when I'm done with my homework.
As promised:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ground view:

And I FINALLY got Xfire ingame to work (had some problems cuz I was using 64-bit Java, and an un-updated version at that), so here is a short video of the interior:

And the screenshot of the sunset taken in that video:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Keep in mind that I JUST finished this main structure, I will probably add a lot more to the interior and possibly expand the size if the need arises.

Sorry if it seems I'm posting here a lot, but a game reviewer once compared Minecraft to a model train set. You spend so much time perfecting everything even though hardly anyone cares in the hopes that one day you'll find just one person to say, "Hey, that's kinda cool..."
Unfortunately, all my real life friends think Minecraft is a joke, so I can't show anything off to them, so you guys are my only hope for attention, making the hours I spend playing this game actually seem like it's not a waste, lol.