Space Mon Calamari

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Re: Space Mon Calamari

Post by StarkillerMarek »

I meant like you somehow managed to create a new hintnode, which I guess is basically what you said you have done, in a matter of speaking, with scripting.

Maybe if a certain flyer enters a certain region, it get set to being landed. The only thing would be to get a certain flyer to move into a certain region.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

StarkillerMarek wrote:I meant like you somehow managed to create a new hintnode, which I guess is basically what you said you have done, in a matter of speaking, with scripting.

Maybe if a certain flyer enters a certain region, it get set to being landed. The only thing would be to get a certain flyer to move into a certain region.
I think he wants us to figure it out ourselves and expirement.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

I wasn't asking if it was right. I was just stating how I would think to go about doing it.

Anyway, the map looks great, as I'm sure the mod will be to.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:I think he wants us to figure it out ourselves and expirement.
I don't care whether you experiment or not - the only thing I don't do is post whole code, lock, stock, and barrel. As far as outlining the concept, I've done that with pretty much any new thing I've made.
StarkillerMarek wrote:I was just stating how I would think to go about doing it.
And I don't mind telling you that you're on the right track, and more importantly you're thinking the right way (in terms of approach to the problem).
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Fred's board lists "Carrier" as a valid flyer classlabel, though it appears to be broken (like much else :roll: ). THe docs say this about the "Land" hintnode:
...and LAND targets Carriers for landing a deploying troops.
Also,
Teancum wrote:Pysch0fred said that the Carrier was used to drop off vehicles in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and that the code to use it correctly is broken in both SWBF1 and SWBF2. It's one of the things he tried to fix via odf parameters for a long time.
Maybe Mav found a way to fix it via lua coding?

However it was done, it's done very well.
RC-1192
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RC-1192 »

:eek: :eek: :bowdown: wow...
ps2owner
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ps2owner »

cool :)
semi-off topic
Next thing you know the AI will recognize height.
i thought that mabe you could make the ai follow diferent barirers in diferent
regions. it wouldnt work that well for open maps but for mutilevel building maps it could work
(if it would work at all) it would proply use lua scripting
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't bump topics over 30 days old. It is against The Rules.

If you have a question about a topic or file and it is unanswered in the thread, please PM the author. If you have no new information to add, please do not add a post to the topic.

Thanks, Staff

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------