Control Mode

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Control Mode

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Maveritchell wrote:your control points are random
So what each specific control point does is random every game (eg. Northwest base gives you health regen when you first play through the map, but the second time that same one could give you the AI hero instead)? Or you start off with random points each time you play?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:your control points are random
So what each specific control point does is random every game (eg. Northwest base gives you health regen when you first play through the map, but the second time that same one could give you the AI hero instead)? Or you start off with random points each time you play?
I am not sure what difference you are describing, but your first description seems most apt. Just like how heroes are random in conquest mode (they are here, too), what a certain point does is random every time the map is loaded. Once a mission starts, that control point does the same thing throughout the rest of the mission - but if you reload the map, that point will not necessarily do the same thing.

Edit: Maybe you were asking if the actual physical location changes? No - the points are in fixed locations, their effects are different. Logistically, having moving control points is near-impossible due to the size of the map and complexity of paths it would take to choose random locations.
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Blade117 »

Slight deviation from topic, but will control mode be on all maps?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Blade117 wrote:Slight deviation from topic, but will control mode be on all maps?
Like I said in the first post, I probably plan to add it to any land-based map added to DTII. I can't be sure, of course - some maps may be too small or otherwise unwieldy - but right now I've added it to every map.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Maveritchell"][quote="Twilight_Warrior"][quote="Maveritchell"]your control points are random[/quote]
So what each specific control point does is random every game (eg. Northwest base gives you health regen when you first play through the map, but the second time that same one could give you the AI hero instead)? Or you start off with random points each time you play?[/quote]
I am not sure what difference you are describing, but your first description seems most apt. Just like how heroes are random in conquest mode (they are here, too), what a certain point does is random every time the map is loaded. Once a mission starts, that control point does the same thing throughout the rest of the mission - but if you reload the map, that point will not necessarily do the same thing.

Edit: Maybe you were asking if the actual physical location changes? No - the points are in fixed locations, their effects are different. Logistically, having moving control points is near-impossible due to the size of the map and complexity of paths it would take to choose random locations.[/quote]
I probably should've given an example for the second description, too. So, here it is: the first time you play through the map, Rebels would start with base 1 and Empire would have base 2. The second time Rebels might have base 2 and Empire has base 4.

But the question has been answered. Sounds good! Looking forward to it, as usual :thumbs: .