Rising Son wants you!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Rising Son wants you!

Post by Maveritchell »

So that it is not lost in the clutter of other posts, please keep in mind that I would love to collaborate with anyone who feels that they can make a solid, well-polished map.

My only stipulations would be:
-Canonical location (This just means that you need to find a planet on Wookieepedia that "fits" your map.)
-Degree of polish (It doesn't have to look professionally done, but I would want to see a fairly bug-free map with good work on the details.)
-Strong theme (Needs to feel unique. Can't just be an assorted mishmash of props; has to feel like a single place.)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Rising Son wants you!

Post by Teancum »

I might jump on board. I'm making a smaller, more close knit Raxus Prime for the Xbox. I'll send post screens later on if you're interested. I won't be offended if you end up not needing it, but it'll be there for you if you like it.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'd love to contribute -- I've recently had some ideas for a couple of maps swimming around in my head. I can find some canon locations that fit them.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If you guys have some maps you'd like to share, just PM me some pictures and I'll let you know. Thanks!
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

I would also love to help you, Mav.

Just tell me which map you want and let me do my work. :P
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Darth_Spiderpig wrote:Just tell me which map you want and let me do my work. :P
That's not the way it works - I don't want assembly drones who make what I ask, I want creative mappers whose maps I can use. If you have a map and if it falls into the above criteria, then shoot me a PM. Thanks!
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Maveritchell wrote:-Degree of polish (It doesn't have to look professionally done, but I would want to see a fairly bug-free map with good work on the details.)
That would mean it has to have good gameplay, too, I assume?

I've never released a good map, but I have made a couple of attempts. I know the ins and outs of most of ZE and ODF's. I might give this a whole-hearted attempt. *Goes to Wookiepedia for phase 1 of project.*
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Post by darthtyren »

I might jump on board as well. I already have an idea but I can't map at the current point, because my computer still needs to be redone.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, Tean, Desan & Null joining to create maps?? This mod will surly end all other mods.
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Nova Hawk wrote:Wow, Tean, Desan & Null joining to create maps?? This mod will surly end all other mods.
I'm still a novice, Nova, don't expect any super-awesome-spectacular map from me. :wink:
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Is there any paticular date you need maps to be submitted by?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

ASAP. I don't have any sort of chronological plans, but the sooner you get one done means two things:
1) The better likelihood it has of being included
2) The more I get to work on it (which means the more material it will have for it)
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Maveritchell wrote:ASAP
Yeah, I got to take my name off the list. My grades are suffering, so I have to put more effort into school, and that means taking time away from this.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

When we send our maps to you, do you want all the source files, just the world folder + scripts, just the .lvls from the addon folder...? My map is basically finished, I was just going to add in a CTF mode and change the loadscreen before I hand it off to you. :)
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Eggman wrote:When we send our maps to you, do you want all the source files, just the world folder + scripts, just the .lvls from the addon folder...? My map is basically finished, I was just going to add in a CTF mode and change the loadscreen before I hand it off to you. :)
It would probably be easiest for me if you sent over the data_MODID folder just zipped up. You don't need to add either CTF or worry too much about the loadscreen before you send it over but you are welcome to.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Maveritchell wrote:
Eggman wrote:When we send our maps to you, do you want all the source files, just the world folder + scripts, just the .lvls from the addon folder...? My map is basically finished, I was just going to add in a CTF mode and change the loadscreen before I hand it off to you. :)
It would probably be easiest for me if you sent over the data_MODID folder just zipped up. You don't need to add either CTF or worry too much about the loadscreen before you send it over but you are welcome to.
Cool, in that case I'll probably have it ready for you this afternoon.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Eggman wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:
Cool, in that case I'll probably have it ready for you this afternoon.
You are also welcome to make a topic for it as it is your map (which is what I'd like protocol to be for anyone submitting a map so that their name is associated with it). I'll make updates to it in the same topic but it's only fair that you should get to show it off first.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Should we make map threads in this forum or the WIP?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If the map's for Dark Times, then it should be in here. It should only go in here, though, if I've already confirmed it will be in (I mentioned it now because I've already played Eggman's version of his map and I know it'll be in).
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by lucasfart »

what do i do if i wanna contribute a map but my internet is too slow to send 300mbs of data to you? would it just mean i cant help or could i just send you the completed map? i've been working on a dagobah map which is turning out pretty good so far......