The Dark Times (1.0 Release)

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: The Dark Times

Post by Nihillo »

Well, I just got back from one of the worst nights out of my life, I have to say I'm quite glad to have something nice to see back home.

Contragulations Mav', you are the best (my opinion). Thanks for releasing Dark Times.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

msc wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Mav, I think that if you run out of space for missions, then it just doesn't bother to open said extra missions and makes them unplayable until you lower the amount of missions to 500 or less. As in, they don't show up in the menu, therefore, you can't see if they'll crash or not. That's what happens to me.
@msc: Are you running Vista or XP?
vista, swbf2 worsk FINE on it though.
I'd remove the 607th mappack. I have all of those mods plus three or four maps in the addon, so it should work fine after you remove the mappack.
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

Can you get the space heroes on assault or just dogfight?
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Skipper 24 wrote:Can you get the space heroes on assault or just dogfight?
I think just dogfight.
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

Thanks Ping. Anyway I seem to be getting the hand of the new hero system, I really like the force finisher move. The TIE Vanguard shield is awesome, I can't seem to get the Slave I though always the TIE Advanced.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Maveritchell wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:I just played and it was fun, but about halfway through, it started forcing me onto a certain team and locking heroes(i.e. I couldn't unlock them without fake console) Any idea what's wrong?
Did you play wave mode mixed in with your conquest modes? Some of the wave modes use the campaign setup and might force you onto team one after you play (just like any of the other campaign missions if you play them in IA).
Yes, I did. Come to think of it, I think it started after Coruscant wave. So you're saying that is what caused it to do it on conquest?
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Maveritchell wrote:
Fiodis wrote:I suppose that will be up to Mav. We can all hope.

I have to say I like it, a lot, but it was a bit worse than what I was expecting. For a few of the heroes, it's somewhat hard to time the combo right to fit in the Finisher, and spam-hitting the block key for the light attack gets a little....tiring. Maybe it would've been better if you just held the key instead of hitting it over and over?

Plus, does Maris Brood have a force finisher? They're kinda tricky to get on some of the heros, but I got them on all the saber-users I could find, except her.
Hey, don't complain because you're not used to it yet. There's more to playing it than just spamming the block key, and yes, everyone has a finisher. Some characters have harder finishers to use (Maris, Vader) but make up for it in other ways.

The word you're looking for is not "worse," it's "less-familiar."
Of course there's more to playing it than spamming the block key; I recognize a good mod when I see one. All I'm saying is that it's not what I was expecting and I would have preferred what I was expecting. It's still a great piece of work. I'm just giving my thoughts and criticism. There's always something to improve; if there wasn't life would get boring pretty fast.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Can't wait to play this. This should be a good reason to get back into SWBF2.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Hebes24 wrote:Can't wait to play this. This should be a good reason to get back into SWBF2.
It is.
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

As for that hidden objectives, could you describe what we should do/kill?
I suppose its The Emperor on Death Star, but thats all I know and I could never find him after I killed Vader (played twice).
And on Kashyyyk after I kill Kento Marek I just dont know what to do next, it seems that slaughtering all wookies wont help and I win after 6th wave.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Btw is Starkiller that hidden objective on Coruscant
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

negah wrote:As for that hidden objectives, could you describe what we should do/kill?
I suppose its The Emperor on Death Star, but thats all I know and I could never find him after I killed Vader (played twice).
And on Kashyyyk after I kill Kento Marek I just dont know what to do next, it seems that slaughtering all wookies wont help and I win after 6th wave.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Btw is Starkiller that hidden objective on Coruscant
You're talking about Wave mode, right?
Hidden/Spoiler:
You play as Starkiller for most of the Wave modes, Coruscant being one of them.
And I have the same question.
Dom380
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Dom380 »

you play as starkiller but you fight an evil version of yourself in the last wave (and its very very hard)
carfanaticphil
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by carfanaticphil »

what, on Kashyyyk?
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

Ok... I'm playing hero assualt onine with ghost, and others, and hero assualt crashes, all the time, i might try to get a error log
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

Dom380 wrote:you play as starkiller but you fight an evil version of yourself in the last wave (and its very very hard)
Yeah, and I am wondering if thats the hidden objective.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

For the hidden objectives, just watch what makes the red number go up. Kashyyyk might be the hardest to get to the seventh wave since there are two goals to complete with the less obvious one being the one that isn't counted on the red number (instead the red number is like on Hoth and Kamino where it counts allies left (one goal, hint, hint)). The second thing on Kashyyyk is most like the bonus objective on Felusia.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fiodis wrote:It's still a great piece of work. I'm just giving my thoughts and criticism.
The problem is that you're not giving criticism, you're just saying it was "worse than what you expected." I was very up-front about giving information about this, and if it wasn't 100% what you wanted, that's your fault. If you have criticism, like "I thought you could have done a better job on Starkiller's texture," then fine. I could go without hearing "gee this wasn't how I would have done it so it's disappointing" - especially when it's been released for a day total.
Super_Clone wrote:Ok... I'm playing hero assualt onine with ghost, and others, and hero assualt crashes, all the time, i might try to get a error log
There's no error, it's just that hero assault requires more resources than normal and that will make it tricky to host if you don't have a lot of bandwidth.
Dom380 wrote:you play as starkiller but you fight an evil version of yourself in the last wave (and its very very hard)
You actually fight the opposite of whatever you played as. Coruscant wave mode you can either play light-side or dark-side. If you play lightside, you fight Sith and eventually yourself. If you play darkside, you fight Jedi and eventually yourself.

Some clues for the seventh wave modes:
Coruscant: Kill X before the wave ends
Death Star: Kill 14 X
Felucia: Kill both X
Kashyyyk: Kill 3 X and maintain 10+ X
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

Maveritchell wrote:
Super_Clone wrote:Ok... I'm playing hero assualt onine with ghost, and others, and hero assualt crashes, all the time, i might try to get a error log
There's no error, it's just that hero assault requires more resources than normal and that will make it tricky to host if you don't have a lot of bandwidth.
Ok, thanks Mav! ill tell ghost
Taivyx
2008 Best Games Related Avatar
Projects :: Terra Strife - discontinued
Games I'm Playing :: none

Post by Taivyx »

Wow, this really went way beyond my expectations, you deserve a cookie
Gollrir
Private Recruit