The Dark Times (1.0 Release)

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

carfanaticphil
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Re: The Dark Times

Post by carfanaticphil »

he deserves two cookies :)
msc
Private Recruit
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Halo Reach and MW2
xbox live or psn: msc204

Post by msc »

It's still crashing, I even emptied out serveral mod maps and BF0. :|
Any other ideas?

-msc :jango: < No signatures allowed
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Maveritchell wrote:
Fiodis wrote:It's still a great piece of work. I'm just giving my thoughts and criticism.
The problem is that you're not giving criticism, you're just saying it was "worse than what you expected." I was very up-front about giving information about this, and if it wasn't 100% what you wanted, that's your fault. If you have criticism, like "I thought you could have done a better job on Starkiller's texture," then fine. I could go without hearing "gee this wasn't how I would have done it so it's disappointing" - especially when it's been released for a day total.
I talked about my feelings about the block button. And, now that you mention it, yes, I feel you could have done a better job on Starkiller's texture. I'm saying that there were bits that were not what I was expecting. I wouldn't call it disappointing because of that. Indeed, some parts were better than what I was expecting. It's been released for a day total. So I'll play more and see if my feelings change, yes? And I'll post if they do. And you're welcome to ignore that, too.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Darth Revan »

msc is it just the dark times crashing?
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Maveritchell wrote:hints to the seventh wave modes:

Coruscant: Kill X before the wave ends
Death Star: Kill 14 X
Felucia: Kill both X
Kashyyyk: Kill 3 X and maintain 10+ X
Thanks! I was now able to get Coruscant and Death Star, but I cannot beat Felucia. Its extremely hard :x .

If you plan on continuing the mod, I may suggest adding the wave mode objectives to the minimap screen [press M]. I lost track of who I was supposed to fight. Its just a small thing, not really needed unless you plan on adding to the mod.

Its fun though.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

Or maybe reducing the number of baby rancors. Itsreally hard to fight a rancor with a lightsaber when whenever you're hit you're knocked down. I think 3's a good number. That's usually the amount I can take down before Bail is killed.

I've managed to beat every wave mode 'cept Felucia.

Oh and is Kamino wave multiplayer like Hoth? Or is it just one player. Because whenever I play I spawn alone as one of the merecenaries. None of my AI buddies are there.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

H_BOMB wrote:Or maybe reducing the number of baby rancors. Itsreally hard to fight a rancor with a lightsaber when whenever you're hit you're knocked down.
H_Bomb, use the Force.
da_great_ghost
Corporal
Corporal

Post by da_great_ghost »

Mav this is very very good! Been playing it non-stop for 2 days now hehe. Tomorrow I might play around with hero assault to see what the limit is as far as players(no ai was stable for a lot longer but its crashed nevertheless).
yukisuna
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: My new PC hates the Mod Tools
Games I'm Playing :: See Interests
xbox live or psn: Samura Yukisuna
Location: Stuck in a place full of happy happiness known as Steam.

Post by yukisuna »

i tested, and it was really cool. yeah, and i found out this bug: geonosis localization/naming corrupt.
really good anyway.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

I found that aswell. Might be cause we don't have the 1.1 patch, but all the new space ones don't work either. It's really fun! wave mode was paticularly hard, especially Felucia (above), however the Starkiller on Endor is a bit odd, because he's constantly cutting his cape in half with his lightsaber, and his hood is slightly big for him.
But the changing skydomes are great, it gives a different feel to the setting, and I've been looking forward to this for ages!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

yukisuna wrote:i tested, and it was really cool. yeah, and i found out this bug: geonosis localization/naming corrupt.
really good anyway.
If you're not using the 1.1 patch I make no promises. Everything works with the patched game.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Mav', you've really outdone yourself this time. I love this mod. Wave mode is excellent, the new sides are really cool, and the space hero system is beautifully done. The melee system took a while to get used to, but now I wish it was on every map! Congrats on an excellent mod. :thumbs:
B.I.G_Cookie
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 4

Post by B.I.G_Cookie »

sampip wrote:I found that aswell. Might be cause we don't have the 1.1 patch, but all the new space ones don't work either. It's really fun! wave mode was paticularly hard, especially Felucia (above), however the Starkiller on Endor is a bit odd, because he's constantly cutting his cape in half with his lightsaber, and his hood is slightly big for him.
But the changing skydomes are great, it gives a different feel to the setting, and I've been looking forward to this for ages!
I have the 1.1 patch, but I'm playing on 1.0 ( my clan is a 1.0 clan ). I have the convo pack, without the 2.2 patch, BFX 2.2, bf0 etc. and many mappacks and single maps, and everything works great! :)

Why do the units have unlimmited ammo?
And I think I found a bug on Mustafar:
I destroy the bridge control, the bridge goes down, but the units don't die. They fight on the lava.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hebes24 wrote:Mav', you've really outdone yourself this time. I love this mod. Wave mode is excellent, the new sides are really cool, and the space hero system is beautifully done. The melee system took a while to get used to, but now I wish it was on every map! Congrats on an excellent mod. :thumbs:
Gotta agree with this one on all counts. Even though I never submitted a bug report I really enjoyed the beta. It took me forever to get down the melee system, but that was mostly due to being so used to the default. Once I did I felt the same way -- I don't want to go back!

My favorite things:
-Space Raxus Prime -- that's just all kinds of awesome
-The new combo system -- now I can play it like the Revenge of the Sith game
-Random skyboxes
-Slave 1 -- enough said
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Teancum wrote:My favorite things:
-Random skyboxes
-Slave 1 -- enough said
QFT
delta578
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by delta578 »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Teancum wrote:My favorite things:
-Random skyboxes
-Slave 1 -- enough said
QFT
QFT!

Also I FINALLY found a combo for Starkiller that I have memorized. . .but, i don't think Mav would like me shouting it for all to know (if anyone would like to know just PM me).

I can add some things from Teancums' well written faves:

--Wave Mode
--Random Command Troopers

Amazing job Mav keep up the good work!

:bowdown:
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

I agree. I really like the idea of random command troops.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Now we just need to combine this, the 1.3 patch, and the Convo Pack and call it "The Mega-Uber-Awesome SWBF2 Bestest Ever Mod That Will Finally Win Mod Of The Year :P
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

Teancum wrote:Now we just need to combine this, the 1.3 patch, and the Convo Pack and call it "The Mega-Uber-Awesome SWBF2 Bestest Ever Mod That Will Finally Win Mod Of The Year :P
Not forgetting BFX. I also just tried a couple of the wave modes which have proven to be more tricky than I first anticipated.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Hmmm, my favorite thing in the mod is the random skydomes system, they make the maps feel fresh, give them a different atmosphere and restored my interest in the shipped maps. I am a bit tired of the shipped maps, I mean, they are cool and well done but I have played them a lot, it gets tiresome... I need to experience a new gameplay, visit a new place. Mav's random skydomes renewed the value of those 'old' shipped maps, even if they haven't 'geographically' changed, they look different (just take a look at the daytime Coruscant: Jedi Temple, or Kamino if you don't understand what I'm saying) it is enough to catch your interest, to make you want to play those maps again.

This might become a trend in the future of Battlefront modding. Dark Space apparently will use the Dark Times random skydomes system and that will drastically increase the replay value of the mod; this is good news for everyone.

Not to mention the awesome new classes, melee system, weapons, heroes... To put it in simple terms: Maveritchell's Dark Times is "full of win".