Star Wars Episode VII "The Force Awakens"

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Star Wars Episode VII "The Force Awakens"

Post by thelegend »

Just awesome. New reference pictures Yeah! Thanks.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/20 ... ce_Awakens

Imma just drop this here.

4,061 More Hours!!
1nfiltr4t0R
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: swbf swrc allBFs
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by 1nfiltr4t0R »

Just seen the second teaser, will be hard to get used to the new stuff after seeing the original movies for years and years, also it will be great to see more people taking interest in star wars, even though it might just be temporarily.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

New poster
Hidden/Spoiler:
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:New poster
Hidden/Spoiler:

Worried that's ANOTHER Deathstar..... Also the stormie guys the jedi? Can't it be the girl?

Also No Mark Hamill? Maybe we need to wait for him. BUT, this one looks to be a mash up of the prequels, and of the Originals (I.e. Stunning visuals, and battles, with good banterous talking bits, that's what I missed, Han yelling at chewie, Leia frustrated at Chewie, Luke.. Whinning, Han and Leia having a tiff... Don't get me wrong the sith scenes and some of th epolotics is coool, but other than one or two scenes with the heros, mostly those with Shemi, Obi, Mace, or Termmera, or the cute fellow who play his son, very little emotion, also has anyone else noticed only Shemi, Jake Loyd, Ewan, and that animated moster Jug-Jug re the only ones tpo show emotion in ep one? It's almost like he was the only one well dicrected. )
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

ARC1778 wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:New poster
Hidden/Spoiler:

Worried that's ANOTHER Deathstar..... Also the stormie guys the jedi? Can't it be the girl?
Speculation on the interwebs is that there's a metaphorical reason her polearm/staff thingy is parallel to Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

But yeah, I was kinda let down with another giant space station. Like, they tried that twice now. Why is it still an option...
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Three times if you count the droid control ship in TPM...
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote: Speculation on the interwebs is that there's a metaphorical reason her polearm/staff thingy is parallel to Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

But yeah, I was kinda let down with another giant space station. Like, they tried that twice now. Why is it still an option...

The only explaination I will accept for this is; Kylo Renn is trying to emulate the empire. The empire had one, so does he.

But seriously if these things keep turning up, I swear someone would have invented a way to kill them... Unless the only way to kill them is another of them, in which case you have a WWII Dreadnaught sitution, which means they're to expensive to risk, but to risky to expend.. :funny2:

Seriously the rebel alliance has the plans, you think they'd have one by now, even an old one if theres been more than five of them.

I mean it could be a man-made planet, those exist.... But yeah.... It's not that bad, in the context of an entire galaxy, it only destoris planets, and is really only useful as a terror weapon as using it, well, it's not a good idea for long term goals. If this was star terk, sure, they have replicators that can create anything in the universe, but in star wars you need to mine this Diet Dr. Pepper.

Also does C3PO have a new head? And what the hell is that thing next to the new droid?

Plus I really don't like that this poster isn't painted, or the lack of Episode VII, or the fact it's not being released in may, or the fact it won;t have the fox logo at the start. I worry about consitancy.

Also they'd better explain how the hell this war has been going on for 40 years, or how the new republic or whatever got blindsided, or y'know, any other plot holes.

And I swear if only new Jedi, and furture sith apprentice meet I'm gonna freak.

Also I'd like all the orgional characters to die. Not because they're not awesome, but seriously, there's not really any tension for the heros, AND it's kinda tradition, I mean vader died, yoda died, obi died. Etc.

No, the control ship doesn't count, it's not remotely the same thing, it's a cruiser, not a planet with a massive super lazer.

Also they'd better be a three heroes backstory move. Oh and Phatasma I hope is Boba Fetts Daughter, if anything other than the Thawn stuff (Which can still happen I gues, makes it in) It'd have better be the Fett Stuff.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

There is a little bit of a difference: this superweapon is actually attached to a planet instead of completely artificial as the Death Stars were. I can't imagine Starkiller Base being used to destroy planets though, as it is a planet itself so is in orbit to some sun. It also presents an interesting dilemma: if the Resistance destroys the weapon, do they destroy the planet too?
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

ggctuk wrote:There is a little bit of a difference: this superweapon is actually attached to a planet instead of completely artificial as the Death Stars were. I can't imagine Starkiller Base being used to destroy planets though, as it is a planet itself so is in orbit to some sun. It also presents an interesting dilemma: if the Resistance destroys the weapon, do they destroy the planet too?

Must be some long range thing them lol, but yeah, I'm pretty okay with that idea. :funny2:

According to the Star Wars website it blows up entire STAR SYSTEMS.

So I'm guessing that it's basicly a larger superlazer, which is sent through hyper-space.

I like this, it's not old, it's new and improved as it were, the death star was moon sized, this is a planet. O.o

I want the backstory already! Bugger rebels, bugger rogue one, what happened between VI and VII?

The whole empire won thing is basicly canon, I am 100% okay with this, like Han and Leia don't have kids cause you don't tak time off to raise a family when the worlds burning, the Yzong don't invade because my gawd would that be a bad bad fight, they should roll with this idea, Disney, call me, you can have is whole alternerate timeline idea, like everything else is a Dream of Luke Skywalker, like he sits down and meditates and this is what he sees, also Kylo Ren, not the main villain, and th new stromies come in formations of 7X12, so 87, seriously you can have it, just send me some action figures, seriously.. :funny2:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Though I'm sure most of you have seen it, there was a new International trailer released today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

Has some more new footage. Still doesn't reveal any more story. Looks super pretty.