Fear for the Sequels

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Squoobus
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Fear for the Sequels

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Does anyone else have a lingering sense of dread for the sequel trilogy? Knowing how hyped but disappointing the prequels were I can't help but feel that the sequels might end up being just as bad, or even worse in some regard. Even though they have good names attached to them,something about it all just fells offputting.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Fear for the Sequels

Post by THEWULFMAN »

They have J.J. Abrams, whom was ridiculed by the Star Trek community for making his films too much like Star Wars. I think we'll be fine.

Just remember, George directed and wrote 1-3. He isn't the overlord on 7-9.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

No fear for me, just happiness that there's going to be more.

Of course, I like the prequels, so that might be saying something.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Noobasaurus wrote:No fear for me, just happiness that there's going to be more.

Of course, I like the prequels, so that might be saying something.
Same here. I honestly don't get the why popular culture says it's cool to hate the prequels. But that's another thread.

I have no sense of dread. In fact, Lucas is/was involved in Episode VII. It (ep7) was in pre-pre production before the Disney purchase. In a way, I'm comforted that Lucas will have something to do with Episode VII.

Abrahms? Well I liked the Star Trek movies so I trust he'll do a good job. Although he better not put to much lens flare in there.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh and to you people who say the prequels suck because Lucas wrote and directed them, just remember that he also wrote and directed episode IV a new hope. Ya know, the movie that completely changed the film industry? The movie that created Star Wars? Oh yea that one. The one Lucas made. :thumbs:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Kit, you don't need to get uppity. He wrote the script for all 6 movies, not just 4-6. Except that the 1970's George Lucas and the 1990's-2000's George Lucas are two very different people. He was the visionary, making Star Wars in the 70's and 80's. Then he forgot why Star Wars was good in the first place. Most people agree that 5 is the best, which he did not direct. He's a good story writer, not a good dialogue writer or director.

Also, we've all gotten enough JJ Abrams Lens Flare jokes to last us several lifetimes. Thanks for that, reddit.

On a related note.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

kitfisto15678 wrote:I have no sense of dread.
Oh, you don't say?

Do I have fear for the sequels? No, none at all. If they're great movies, then I'll be ecstatic and proud to call myself a Star Wars fan. If they're rubbish, well then at least I can look forward to games like the new Star Wars: Battlefront being released at the same time as the movie. So whether it's the hype, the merchandise or the movies themselves, I'm sure in some way I'll be pleased with the result.
Anyways it's nice to see the franchise receive some attention; something it has lacked for the last few years.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

Even if the movies ARE bad, there's nothing Star Wars fans love more than hating Star Wars, if you know what I mean.
Last edited by yuke5 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Dreadnot9 wrote:
kitfisto15678 wrote:I have no sense of dread.
So whether it's the hype, the merchandise or the movies themselves, I'm sure in some way I'll be pleased with the result.
Even if the movie is horrible, you can bet the music will be amazing!
yuke5 wrote:Even if the movies ARE bad, there's nothing Star Wars fans love than hating Star Wars, if you know what I mean.
The fans are just very passionate. :)
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I'm happy as long as John Williams is composing the score for the films. And if he dies before the new trilogy is complete...well, I'll still be interested in seeing what ideas a new composer can bring to the saga.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Star Wars fans are too invested. I enjoy all six movies, the entire Clone Wars series, and pretty much every game that didn't suck as a game. Bring on more of the universe.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Well said. As long as the new movies are entertaining, I'm not worried about them living up to the (impossible) image people have in their heads about "the good old movies."
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Eggman wrote:I'm happy as long as John Williams is composing the score for the films. And if he dies before the new trilogy is complete...well, I'll still be interested in seeing what ideas a new composer can bring to the saga.
Yes and,
CressAlbane wrote:Well said. As long as the new movies are entertaining, I'm not worried about them living up to the (impossible) image people have in their heads about "the good old movies."
Yes.

:D

Very well put. Let's face it, the new films won't be the original trilogy films. But for some reason people want that...
LukeBenVader1
Private Recruit
Projects :: Ultimate Laser Tag
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront II

Post by LukeBenVader1 »

Well so many Star Wars fans follow the Expanded Universe these days, including me. Such as what happens after ROTJ, what happens before Episode 1, and all of that stuff.
The new Star Wars movie is about a female in her early twenties and my thought about that is Jaina Solo, daughter of Han and Leia. But there is a rumor going around of a Khimera Solo as being the daughter and that shook me.
But recently I've read an article of the story, Star Wars 7 will be about twins, one that falls to the dark side and one that follows the light. Now that sounds like Jacen and Jaina Solo, but I'm still not sure.
So I'm still deciding whether or not I'm scared of Disney screwing everything up, we'll just have to see when the movie is released on December 18th, 2015.

When a company has been given to someone new, people are gonna fear that he or she will not do a great job. Their fears will fade when they've seen the actual work that the new person has done.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Please don't bump old topics.