Rest of the 3D Prequels Not Being Made

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Rest of the 3D Prequels Not Being Made

Post by Fusion »

Due to the underwhelming box office performance of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith will not be getting the same 3D treatment. They have instead decided to put all of their time, money, and effort into Star Wars 7.

Hope 7, 8, and 9 are good so we can further forget that these movies existed. :P
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Re: Rest of the 3D Prequels Not Being Made

Post by Cleb »

I'm not surprised. I saw it in 3D and it was like watching it in 2D. :|

Off topic:
Why does everyone hate the prequels? I didn't think they were bad. I actually like them much better than the original trilogy. :oops:
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

There's a lot of reasons why, but I think it can be summed up in one statement: the characters, sets, and dialogue all feel incredibly artificial.

I could sit here for hours going into every little thing, but I think the main thing that shows this is just the difference between the two sagas' love stories:

AotC:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anakin: "I don't like sand. It's course, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere."
ESB:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Leia: "I love you."
Han: "I know."
So while the prequels might have state-of-the-art special effects and great designs, it means nothing without characters that actually act like humans. They might as well have just released a tech demo.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

No more 3D renditions? Good. That was just dumb... :roll:

Almost all of the sets were entirely CGI (not a bad thing to me, but it's sorta lazy), The Phantom Menace lacked a plot, a good sum of the acting was terrible - namely Jake Lloyd's, many of the characters lacked an interesting or any background - see Darth Maul, etc. I could go on, but Google would be better at explaining it.

Also Jar Jar. :p
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Ok I can agree that the people in the prequels are all artificial :funny2: One of the reasons I like the prequels so much is because of the special effects :) And so I don't pay attention to all of the dialogue. I guess I am a very shallow thinker when it comes to movies. :oops:
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Cleb wrote:I'm not surprised. I saw it in 3D and it was like watching it in 2D. :|

Off topic:
Why does everyone hate the prequels? I didn't think they were bad. I actually like them much better than the original trilogy. :oops:

i have to agree with u in the fact that i like episodes 2 and 3 of the prequels and they shouldnt be hated(except for jar jar he is a horrible attempt at a comic relief character). But i dont think they come anywhere close to the original trilogy.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

I like the prequels better too. 8)
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

Yeah I'd rather just have Adywan's Star Wars: Revisited series (including prequels), and then hopefully enjoy the Sequel Trilogy.

I hope this change of plans helps them to release a nice product.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

I hope the new ones are in 3D.But no Buzz Lightyear or else...... :faint:
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

So glad they're not wasting time and money on this, why waste time re-making mediocre movies at best when you could focus on making new movies with new characters and a new plot.

As someone who grew up with the prequels I still prefer the original trilogy. Episode 1 has no plot whatsoever and the first hour of Episode II is laughably boring although RotS isn't terrible.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

ARCTroopaNate wrote:why waste time re-making mediocre movies at best when you could focus on making new movies with new characters and a new plot.
3D conversion is not the same thing as a total remake, but I wouldn't mind if they were to remake the Prequels at all. :D
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

For some reason,I don't really like Episode II.I like Episode I and III but not II.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

AQT wrote:
ARCTroopaNate wrote:why waste time re-making mediocre movies at best when you could focus on making new movies with new characters and a new plot.
3D conversion is not the same thing as a total remake, but I wouldn't mind if they were to remake the Prequels at all. :D
That would actually be excellent. They should just make one really long movie, re-doing it all. Just sit us down right about at the same time as RoTS. From there, Disney would just need to follow all of Red Letter Media's advice. :funny2:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Source? Not that I don't believe you, just so I can pass it around to non-GTers.

Are they still gonna release them in 2D? I was looking forward to seeing them in theaters again.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I prefer the old ep 4-6 since I've seen them for 30+ years its comfort movie at this point, also in the new movies I feel like the only non action parts are kissing and lame chick stuff. They allowed real downtime in ep 4-6 like Luke just taking in a tatooine sunset, moments like these are lost in newer stuff its all rage rage kiss kiss rage end. No offense to Australians on gt but the actors all of them but the real actors that did movies before these were horrible. The kid the mom the princess that's in 50 other chick flicks, the oriental aliens at the start of whatever episode that is just blows, it's hard to get into caring when the actors are so transparent and shallow, jar jar etc the new movies are a very failed advertising experiment
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

guru wrote:I prefer the old ep 4-6 since I've seen them for 30+ years its comfort movie at this point, also in the new movies I feel like the only non action parts are kissing and lame chick stuff. They allowed real downtime in ep 4-6 like Luke just taking in a tatooine sunset, moments like these are lost in newer stuff its all rage rage kiss kiss rage end. No offense to Australians on gt but the actors all of them but the real actors that did movies before these were horrible. The kid the mom the princess that's in 50 other chick flicks, the oriental aliens at the start of whatever episode that is just blows, it's hard to get into caring when the actors are so transparent and shallow, jar jar etc the new movies are a very failed advertising experiment
I entirely agree here, aside from the obvious fact I haven't even existed for 30 years. They could have been a lot better.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Meh, I liked III. I thought the acting and the story were great. Ill defiantly agree that episode one and episode 2 weren't great, at best ok. But Episode III is beast, it was dark and pretty well written. Maybe not OT, but good. If they remake them, I don't think they should touch episode III in the slightest. Its good though that some good decisions are beginning to shine some light, time and money did not need to be spent on making all them 3D.(Though I would have minded seeing Episode 4 in theatres, so I can experience what some of the older fans have).
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Meh, I liked III. I thought the acting and the story were great. Ill defiantly agree that episode one and episode 2 weren't great, at best ok. But Episode III is beast, it was dark and pretty well written. Maybe not OT, but good. If they remake them, I don't think they should touch episode III in the slightest. Its good though that some good decisions are beginning to shine some light, time and money did not need to be spent on making all them 3D.(Though I would have minded seeing Episode 4 in theatres, so I can experience what some of the older fans have).
I would like to see the Original trilogy.

I agree.I hated Episode II but I was okay.But III was epic.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Episode 1: Meh, it was okay. I don't think it was as bad as other people say it was, IMO.
Episode 2: Let us never speak of this horror again. The Blu-Ray changes somehow made it worse.
Episode 3: The strongest out of all them, the main problem was that I was constantly asking "Why?" throughout the entire film.

I always thought Ewan McGregor's acting was the best part of the prequels, though that's just me.

I wouldn't mind the Original Trilogy, but only if they change most of or all of it back to how it originally was. I simply can't watch Episode 6 with a generally positive opinion anymore with all the changes, or with the changes made in Episode 4, albeit to a far lesser extent.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

Ping wrote:Episode 1: Meh, it was okay. I don't think it was as bad as other people say it was, IMO.
Episode 2: Let us never speak of this horror again. The Blu-Ray changes somehow made it worse.
Episode 3: The strongest out of all them.
Exactly.