Clone Wars Season 5 (Spoilers inside - latest episode)

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Re: Clone Wars Season 5 (Spoilers inside - latest episode)

Post by yuke5 »

In regards to the show being moved to a Disney channel, a good thing to come from it would be that episodes produced under Disney would be available on netflix instant, which would be awesome.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

I hate the Disney shows and most Cartoon Network shows.I can deal with the commercials and such on Cartoon Network but not Disney.
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

The episode would be better if when Barriss arrive to the trial and Ahsoka see Barriss, Ahsoka remember all adventures with her, in flashbacks: Second Battle of Geonosis, in the ship when they fight, Battle of Umbara... It would be awesome.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Other than Bariss turning out of the blue, I really liked this arc. I think it's possibly my favorite.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I missed the last few episodes and finally got caught up yesterday. I liked this whole season except for the droid episodes. I'm glad Savage Opress is dead, I never cared for that character from the beginning. Ahsoka escaping from prison into the depths of Coruscant looked like subtle advertising for the upcoming Star Wars 1313 game, very similar to the game trailer. I'm curious to see what happens with Maul since Palpatine didn't want to kill him. I would have never suspected Barriss of being a traitor, but anyone is capable of turning at any time I suppose. I think the last episode should be the end of Ahsoka, it looked like an ending fit for her character and it was done well by the writers.
BattleSheep
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by BattleSheep »

I wonder if Ahsoka will show up in any other episode, maybe as a bounty hunter just like Ventress?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

kinetosimpetus wrote:Other than Bariss turning out of the blue, I really liked this arc. I think it's possibly my favorite.
By her confession, it doesn't seem out of the blue at all. She may have been disillusioned for a long time.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Just watched it, myself.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I really appreciated the subtle symbolism at the end. With Ahsoka walking down the steps of the Jedi Temple at sunset, using the same camera angle as in RotS when Anakin marched up them at nightfall.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

^Huh, I didn't think of that.

I really like the way the finale worked out. There's plenty of room for more stories to be told if the show continues, but if the show were to end right now, pretty much everything is wrapped up well enough to keep me happy. There are still the loose ends with Maul and Ventress, but they at least have some implied closure - Maul is a slave to Sidious for some shady reason, presumably one that will lead to his death at some point, while Ventress seems to have settled into the role of a bounty hunter.

One character that I really want to see more closure for, however, is Rex. Rex has kind of faded into the background since the Umbara arc in Season 4. It would be nice to see him return as a prominent character, especially with some attention given to his relationship with Anakin now that Ahsoka is (for now) out of the picture. In the end, though, I think it would be best for Rex to be killed off at some point as an explanation for why he doesn't appear in Episode III.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Teancum wrote:
kinetosimpetus wrote:Other than Bariss turning out of the blue, I really liked this arc. I think it's possibly my favorite.
By her confession, it doesn't seem out of the blue at all. She may have been disillusioned for a long time.
But we only find out about it now, so to us it looks like she's normal, normal, normal, normal, whoops now she's evil. Since we don't see anything pointing to her disillusionment until she snaps, it seems sudden and weird.
Glitch25
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: [ISM] [BFU]
Games I'm Playing :: [SWBFII] [SWBFI]

Post by Glitch25 »

Is anyone else bothered by the level of maturity this show? I mean think about it, how much more could they do if the show was rated TV-MA or at the very least TV-14? A very minimal amount of episodes the writers come up with are a bit childish resulting in poor ratings. I know they need to appeal to the younger viewers, but this sort of thing doesn't satisfy the older Star Wars fans.

SW:TCW has a decent rating on IMDB, but that's the average.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Low: 7.0 - 6.0 - Watch these and you will see similar mistakes.
Corruption
The Academy
Evil Plans
Secret Weapons
A Sunny Day in the Void
Missing in Action
Point of No Return

High: 9.0 - 8.0 - These episodes were pretty good, I enjoyed the time spent watching them.
Revenge
Overlords
Landing at Point Rain
Grievous Intrigue
Monster
Citadel Rescue
Wookiee Hunt
Darkness on Umbara
Plan of Dissent
The Box
Revival
Shades of Reason
The Lawless
The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

For the record, Glitch, my dad is 51. He watched the original releases of 4-6, rereleases of 4-6, and 1-2 in the theaters. He skipped 3.

Point being, he's an older fan. I'm a young adult fan, 19.

We enjoy all of the episodes. Star Wars doesn't demand constant action, in our opinion, we can deviate from the norm from time to time. We enjoy variety.

Maybe most people aren't like us, that's fine. Only episodes I had issues with were the last few ones.
modmaster13
General
General
Games I'm Playing :: COD SWBF
xbox live or psn: KrypticcElementt

Post by modmaster13 »

Glitch25 wrote:Low: 7.0 - 6.0 - Watch these and you will see similar mistakes.
Corruption
The Academy
Evil Plans
Secret Weapons
A Sunny Day in the Void
Missing in Action
Point of No Return
I'm not suprised episodes such as the D squad arc got 7-6's. It had some pointless and over silly parts in it. The episode "A sunny day in the void" was probably the worst one they've ever done mainly because it felt more like a cartoon than star wars. I think that episode could have been more interesting if it was about clones getting stranded instead of a droid squad. However I thought missing in action was a good episode because Dave Filoni managed to fit in a clone commando in it. It's a shame he had to die.

"Point of no return" had some childish parts in it like when the battle Droids were moving the bomb. Besides that, point of no return was actually an awesome episode because of the separatist plot to ram the republic communication center. The explosion was the best part. It would have been cool if they didn't kill off Gregor so he could help D squad on the cruiser, and maybe even get a reward by the republic at the end.

But overall, I still liked this arc for some of the good parts in it, but apparently the critics that rated this show on the following website thought differently.
Glitch25
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: [ISM] [BFU]
Games I'm Playing :: [SWBFII] [SWBFI]

Post by Glitch25 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:For the record, Glitch, my dad is 51. He watched the original releases of 4-6, rereleases of 4-6, and 1-2 in the theaters. He skipped 3.

Point being, he's an older fan. I'm a young adult fan, 19.

We enjoy all of the episodes. Star Wars doesn't demand constant action, in our opinion, we can deviate from the norm from time to time. We enjoy variety.

Maybe most people aren't like us, that's fine. Only episodes I had issues with were the last few ones.
I understand that there are varying ages of Star Wars fans and that Star Wars does not need action all the time, I'm happy with the episodes that rely heavily on conversation and there are quite a few episodes that have a good balance of both. The ratings we're not my own opinion, I simply wanted to see what others thought. The most ratings this show got on IMDB was around 8,000 users, the lowest was at 80 and the average...I'd say roughly around 150 ratings. So this does not represent the entire fan-base, just a very small portion.

If I were to re-phrase my question. How much MORE could they do if they were to aim this show at the older audience. Probably not much change, I guess the reason I brought this up was because I saw recent posts about the show being moved to the Disney channel, that concerns me. Cartoon Network vs The Disney Channel - TV-14 vs PG.
modmaster13 wrote:I'm not suprised episodes such as the D squad arc got 7-6's. It had some pointless and over silly parts in it. The episode "A sunny day in the void" was probably the worst one they've ever done mainly because it felt more like a cartoon than star wars. I think that episode could have been more interesting if it was about clones getting stranded instead of a droid squad. However I thought missing in action was a good episode because Dave Filoni managed to fit in a clone commando in it. It's a shame he had to die.

"Point of no return" had some childish parts in it like when the battle Droids were moving the bomb. Besides that, point of no return was actually an awesome episode because of the separatist plot to ram the republic communication center. The explosion was the best part. It would have been cool if they didn't kill off Gregor so he could help D squad on the cruiser, and maybe even get a reward by the republic at the end.

But overall, I still liked this arc for some of the good parts in it, but apparently the critics that rated this show on the following website thought differently.

Yep, I agree, none of the episodes were "horrible" but there were a few that could have been far better if they had been thought through a bit more. "Would the viewers actually like this episode?" - "Does it make sense? No gaping plot holes anywhere right?"

Edit: Well this answers a lot.
http://starwars.com/news/a-new-directio ... ation.html
modmaster13
General
General
Games I'm Playing :: COD SWBF
xbox live or psn: KrypticcElementt

Post by modmaster13 »

Glitch25 wrote:Edit: Well this answers a lot.
http://starwars.com/news/a-new-directio ... ation.html

What.....did.....I.....just......watch.......oh......my.....god :faint:

But seriously...

(Spoiler warning)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Why did Tuck Kill that Jedi??
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If I were to re-phrase my question. How much MORE could they do if they were to aim this show at the older audience. Probably not much change, I guess the reason I brought this up was because I saw recent posts about the show being moved to the Disney channel, that concerns me. Cartoon Network vs The Disney Channel - TV-14 vs PG.
There has never been a serious adult outing of Star Wars (and in many ways this cartoon has been more violent than the movies). I don't know why you would watch a show on Cartoon Network expecting that. You don't make a cartoon with this kind of intellectual property for adults, because you can't sell toys from a cartoon that kids can't watch.
modmaster13 wrote:Why did Tuck Kill that Jedi??
I thought the clip made it fairly obvious - he had Order 66 trigger when it shouldn't have.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I had a feeling Admiral Trench wasn't dead.

So, the series was canceled but they're producing more episodes as "bonus content" with no inkling of when and where they will air. Not reassuring. At the same time, it feeled like the series ended with Ahsoka leaving.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Ugh, that tarantula general. I hate that guy.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Teancum wrote:Ugh, that tarantula general. I hate that guy.
I'm impartial. Why do you hate him?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Because he feels like a stretch.
BOSS: Okay guys, what sort of ideas do you have for a new CIS general?
EMPLOYEE #7: Well, umm... *sees a spider on the ceiling* we have a great idea about a tarantula-like character!
BOSS: Really? That's it? So we're going to create a whole new, pointless species for one character? Why can't he be some existing race?
EMPLOYEE #4: Well, we also have this idea about a Wookie CIS general.
BOSS: *sigh* Let's just go with the spider.