Star Wars 3D

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi High Council
User avatar
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:57 pm
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Star Wars 3D

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Hidden/Spoiler:
To staff: I realize we've had the "all will be revealed on May 4th..." and various other topics that have touched on this before, but we never had a thread dedicated to SW3D news. There is my reasoning. If you feel it should be merged, my bad.


Star Wars Episode I
In theaters February 10th
The first theatrical trailer will be shown before the 3D showings of The Three Musketeers
Official poster released to the public:
Image

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: New York, USA
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Cerfon Rournes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm

I really don't see the point of this, for pretty much one reason:
Why would I pay $20 to see a movie (That I have already seen) with just some added effects?

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 2676
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Fusion » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Exciting trade negotiations! IN 3D!

I really do hope that these last long enough to get to the OT. I'll gladly go see those again. Maybe not Episode 6 though, depends on who plays Vader's force ghost and if he asks the audience "Nooooo?"

Space Ranger
User avatar
Posts: 6120
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm

I will go and see it, and the other 5. Why, you ask?


Because it is freaking Star Wars that is why. I was too young when I saw the OT when it was re-released, too young to remember TPM in 1999, and still too young to remember ATOC in 2002. I didn't even get to see ROTS in theaters for me to remember.


I not only not care about lining George's pockets, I want to. Why shouldn't I? I mean, a lot of it goes into charities, or his own work. Why on earth shouldn't be rich? He created one of the best and most in depth stories of all time, captured the imaginations of millions, and revolutionized how movies were made. He has literally indirectly changed my life.

He could not change Star Wars enough for it not to be Star Wars, unless he replaced all the actors with talking penguins and renamed it Happy Wars, then it would have gone too far.

Banned
User avatar
Posts: 4295
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Nova Hawk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:18 pm

I will most likely be going to see it. Why? Because I've always wanted to see Star Wars in 3D and now my dream has come true.

Wait a minute, it's coming out Feb. 10th after the Three Musketeers? Fandango said the Three Musketeers is coming out Oct. 21st.

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Fiodis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 pm

If it gets to the OT I'll go see that, but only because of the size of the screen. The others I've seen on the big screen, and I've never really been more thrilled by 3D movies than I would have been if they were 2D.

Jedi High Council
User avatar
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:57 pm
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm gonna see them all.
My reasoning:

1) 3D is a visual effect. If the stories stay the same, then really the prequels have the most to gain, as the visuals were amazing. I don't care what you say about CGI, the atmosphere, detail, and overall beauty of the environments and settings were phenominal. So from a purely visual standpoint, the prequels are going to benefit the most from being on the big screen in 3D.

2) This
Teancum wrote:One should never miss a chance to see a Star Wars film on the big screen.

Space Ranger
User avatar
Posts: 6120
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 pm

A side note: I do not plan on watching it in 3D. I might even get the 2D glasses, which make 3D Movies look properlly 2D again. (I'm joking of course, 2D Glasses are a scam).
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Eggman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I think I mentioned this in a different thread where the topic of Star Wars in 3D came up: podracing will be really, really cool in 3D, along with some other action scenes from the rest of the movies, but otherwise my interest is pretty minimal. I wouldn't go see the 3D releases on my own, but it could be something fun to do with a group of friends if I have the time. After all, it is Star Wars, and it would be a lot of fun to see on the big screen again, 3D or not.

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: College

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Ping » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm

It would be cool, but I'm kind of sick of all this "IN 3D!!!!!!!" madness. It's getting old, quite frankly.

Space Ranger
User avatar
Posts: 6120
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Ping wrote:It would be cool, but I'm kind of sick of all this "IN 3D!!!!!!!" madness. It's getting old, quite frankly.


I concur. :plokoon:

Luckily the fad is dying out like it did before.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Noobasaurus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Ping wrote: "IN 3D!!!!!!!"

I don't like it because then I have to wear two pairs of glasses. :|

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: College

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Ping » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Noobasaurus wrote:
Ping wrote: "IN 3D!!!!!!!"

I don't like it because then I have to wear two pairs of glasses. :|

Try wearing those on top of your regular glasses. Very uncomfortable.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Noobasaurus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Ping wrote:
Noobasaurus wrote:
Ping wrote: "IN 3D!!!!!!!"

I don't like it because then I have to wear two pairs of glasses. :|

Try wearing those on top of your regular glasses. Very uncomfortable.

I KNOW! I like the old 3D better...this 3D I really don't see anything popping out...

And people steal the 3D glasses from the theaters too...

Banned
User avatar
Posts: 4295
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Nova Hawk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 am

Ping wrote:
Noobasaurus wrote:
Ping wrote: "IN 3D!!!!!!!"

I don't like it because then I have to wear two pairs of glasses. :|

Try wearing those on top of your regular glasses. Very uncomfortable.

Guys, have you ever tried to take off your regular glasses then put on the 3D? Because that's what I do. I wear glasses all the time and I take 'em off when I wear 3D ones.

Space Ranger
User avatar
Posts: 6120
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:35 am

Nova Hawk wrote:
Ping wrote:
Noobasaurus wrote:
Ping wrote: "IN 3D!!!!!!!"

I don't like it because then I have to wear two pairs of glasses. :|

Try wearing those on top of your regular glasses. Very uncomfortable.

Guys, have you ever tried to take off your regular glasses then put on the 3D? Because that's what I do. I wear glasses all the time and I take 'em off when I wear 3D ones.



Offtopic: Probably depends if your near sighted or far sighted.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Noobasaurus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:Offtopic: Probably depends if your near sighted or far sighted.

OFFTOPIC: Well I can't see far away and I am not going to sit in the front row.

Space Ranger
User avatar
Posts: 6120
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:20 am

Noobasaurus wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:Offtopic: Probably depends if your near sighted or far sighted.

OFFTOPIC: Well I can't see far away and I am not going to sit in the front row.



Good god no, I hate the first row. The prime seats are center row, in the middle. So I am staring at the center of the screen when I look straight forward.


Ontopic: I don't mind 3D, and I don't mind that George decided to add 3D to his movies(he spent a crapload of money to do it). I just personally don't want to view it in 3D.

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: College

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Ping » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Nova Hawk wrote:Guys, have you ever tried to take off your regular glasses then put on the 3D? Because that's what I do. I wear glasses all the time and I take 'em off when I wear 3D ones.

I'm near-sighted and just about blind without my glasses on. My vision is terrible.

Also, I thought these movies were being released on Blu-Ray soon.....guessed I got it mixed up with the remastered editions they're releasing.

Jedi High Council
User avatar
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:57 pm
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Ping wrote:I'm near-sighted and just about blind without my glasses on. My vision is terrible.

Same.
Also, I thought these movies were being released on Blu-Ray soon.....guessed I got it mixed up with the remastered editions they're releasing.

They were. Less than a month ago, actually. But not 3D, just the remastered editions you mentioned.

Next

Return to Star Wars General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests