Prequels

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Prequels

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:But... but... Jake Lloyd was the best part of Episode I....
Out of all the characters, he portrayed the most emotion. Everyone else (well, aside from the Gungans) was totally stone-faced and almost monotone the entire movie.

:? Perhaps.

I will limit my distaste of his comments to his dialogue in the N-1 Starfighter during the battle.
Now this is podracing. :mrgreen:
Oh go bite me. :|
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
I will limit my distaste of his comments to his dialogue in the N-1 Starfighter during the battle.
Lol, hey guys remember he was only 10 or so at the time. Sure, I didn't like a lot dialogue during the battle either. Seemed too childish to me.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
I admit, I didn't like that too much, either, at the time. But now that I have cousins and nephews around 10 years old, I will say that they ARE likely to say something awkward and cheesy like that and think it's totally cool and the right thing to say at the time.

But still, that's one moment in time. If there's someone from Episode I that I think EVERYONE should cringe at whenever they speak, it's Queen OneAndOnlyOneEmotion (not Natalie Portman, the stand-in bodyguard queen).
Seriously,
"Captain, what happened?"
"I will not cooperate."
"Clean this droid up as best you can. It deserves our gratitude."
"Our people are dying, Senator."
"What would you have us do, Master Qui-Gon?"
All said in the exact same voice inflection and facial expression.

The scenery in TPM was beautiful, absolutely amazing. But the acting... Seriously, Jake Lloyd was the best actor, and he was like 10. Liam Neeson was good, but he was playing the emotionless, but wise, Jedi Knight. As was Samuel L. Jackson.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

My two favorite were of course Liam Neeson and then Samuel L. Jackson did a pretty good job as well
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TW actually brings up a point I neglected to mention since this thread is supposed to be about the good things from the Prequels.

I hate the portrayal of the Jedi in the movies. I really do, all emotionless empty shells. My favorite Jedi from the prequels (with a speaking role) is Obi-wan. He has a lot of emotion, and tells a joke every now and then. I don't like the emotionless Jedi. Anakin of course has too much emotion. :lol:

Obi-wan and Yoda from 4-6 seemed wise, but still had emotion. Yoda in 1-3 is emotionless or really depressed. I like the portrayal of Yoda in TCW because he has his emotion back.

The Jedi to me are not Vulcans(forgive the Star Trek reference). Wise, yes. Full of compassion, sympathy, and peace. Not empty shells who say keeping their emotions in check is keeping them from the dark side.

That's my opinion anyway.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

Vulcans? Star Trek? What is this heresy?!?

I totally agree with you, though, Mister Wulfman.