All will be revealed on May 4th...

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: All will be revealed on May 4th...

Post by THEWULFMAN »

To continue the off topic trend,
Anonymous wrote: ...I know, but as you said, thoughts have been clouded with the dark side(forgive the pun). BF3 was mentioned a couple weeks ago, and the closest it got was, "Sometime in the immediate future we may consider it." Name omitted said that currently the biggest concern is still TOR, and with the amount of money we are spending on it, it better be good. We actually were getting another CGI trailer made, but marketing decided at the last minute not to release it. That was money wasted, again. With the disappointing sales of our more recent games(RH, and TFU2), we are looking back at older franchises, including RC, and the Rogue Squadron series. I agree with you entirely, and we get emails all the time asking about it. Contrary to popular belief, we do read our emails. I am going on vacation next week, when I return, I will mention it again, and see what the reaction is...
This was part of an email sent to me in March, I havent heard back from me friend since. Long story short, I dont see bf3 anytime soon, I want it like we all do. But I had mentioned it as a joke about what this reveal could be, I am not that dumb. :P

I think we have gone offtopic enough, Reveal was disapointing, end of bulletin. Do what you will with the topic staff, I dont mind.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Next year, May 4th: LucasFilm releases all six movies in aerosol.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Grev wrote:Next year, May 4th: LucasFilm releases all six movies in aerosol.
You, good sir, have made me lol. :funny2:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
ggctuk wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Grev"][quote="ggctuk"][quote="Teancum"]I don't know why we thought it would be a video game. E3 is only a month away if they bother to announce anything.

If they do, it won't be Battlefront. I guarantee that. Several sources sparked rumors that someone else picked up development where FR left off, but it was debunked several times. Plus FR stated the tech that did the land-to-space transitions "dies with us". So that probably means the entire engine.
Well, I'm sure you're aware of the rumours (especially since you've probably seen them enough when people try to edit them into the Battlefront III article on Wikipedia). In any case, I think a Star Wars game will probably be announced at E3, I do think LA has something to announce. It'll probably be TFUIII.

In any case, gave a thorough reading of what's on the 9 discs. So... is Lucas raiding the entire archives? Will he give us every deleted scene concievable?
It's not TFUIII. I like the TFU story, and I think its a cool concept, but LucasArts said no more TFU, despite the cliffhanger ending of the last game.[/quote][/hide]

I'm sure that this was actually slapped down early on by LucasArts.[/quote]
Ummmmmm, wasn't it a topic YOU posted?
forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23938[/quote]

Yes, it was. But I did state in the first sentence that it was a rumour. LucasArts representatives have since slapped that down. I cannot find the source I had once for that though.

Back on topic, however, I wonder if they recorded Liam Neeson for use in a Revenge of the Sith deleted scene (the one where Qui-Gon talks to Yoda), or whether that was forever consigned to the trash heap...
redgroupclan
High General
High General
Location: For less cheap gameplay - BF2 v1.1 server "NoEngineersAntiGlitch"

Post by redgroupclan »

Who doesn't already have Star Wars on DVD anyway?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

redgroupclan wrote:Who doesn't already have Star Wars on DVD anyway?

Ahh but you see, this is Blu Ray, we are expected to feed George's hungry maw with more money, buy the Blu Ray, watch it and go "Ooooh" and "Aaaah" as we see the slightly sharper image.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Hey now, there's added stuff. =p
Not enough to totally buy it all again (though let's be honest here, more than half of us are going to, including me), but they've remastered the prequels for the first time, adding CGI Yoda to Episode I, and they've re-added a deleted scene (also remastered for the first time) into Episode VI where Luke goes back to Tatooine and constructs his green lightsaber. There are a couple other things, I think, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

That, and I'm sure with all the storage Blu-Ray discs have, there's probably going to be tons of bonus content that you can't get anywhere else such as interviews and documentaries and the like.