Streamlined Stormtroopers and Han Solo's Outfits?

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Streamlined Stormtroopers and Han Solo's Outfits?

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

commanderawesome wrote:(Like what pretty much happened in the EU's version of what happened after Jedi.)
You mean how they survived and became one of the largest government factions outside the Republic?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Remnant
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

thelegend wrote:Hm but the clones grow faster. The long throat woman from kamino said they gave them drugs to grow faster than normal star wars aliens. So the clones are already dead after a few years after ep 6. But I think if the empire phones to the Kamino Clone institutions and orders a clone pack they should get a new pack of clones I think.
I don't remember any drugs being mentioned with regards to the growth rate of the clones. It was genetic tampering at the embryonic stage that they used.

By the time of the OT, they were conscripting as much as they were using clones, and many of the Fett clones were supposed to have been retired by that time. Given that there was thirty six years between Episode I (which is round about when the first batch of Clones were created) and Episode VI, most of the original batch would be physically seventy two years old, unless they found a way to slow the accelerated aging process down. In the pre-Disney timeline, the Empire actively avoided creating more Fett clones after the incident on Kamino.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I am not a Star Wars expert. And more and more not a gen researcher. But I think they mixed a liquid and mixed it with the clone embryo liquid stuff.
And after that the clones who grow faster the long throat guys said were created. And that was my theory.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

In the existing EU, there are Stormtroopers 130 years after Episode IV. They serve the new Galactic Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Kr ... tic_Empire

And to quote the wikia,
Even after they were forced to take sides between Darth Krayt's Empire and the Imperial loyalists who supported the deposed emperor Roan Fel, the stormtroopers as a whole remained as one of the most persevering symbols of Imperial ideology as envisioned by Palpatine and Sith philosophy. For nearly two centuries since the rise of the original Galactic Empire, stormtroopers were both respected and feared as the greatest military force in galactic history. Throughout their existence, stormtroopers were a testament to the might of the Galactic Empire, in all of its forms, the enduring legacy of Kamino's greatest creation, the Grand Army of the Republic, and ultimately a symbol of the Imperial way of providing order and peace through force of arms.
Stormtroopers never went away in the pre-Disney EU. Their role and allegiance just changed. It's exceedingly likely the whole organization was dissolved and rebuilt from scratch several times over. Not to mention that just because they wear similar armor, it doesn't make them stormtroopers.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

To be fair, they didn't do much to the design in the EU. In the later storylines they had Clone Trooper-styled kneepads, belts and cheeks, and the use of coloured markings to denote rank, and that was pretty much it. I'm expecting Episode VII to be more radical in its approach to the design of the stormtroopers.