Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront Zero - Envoy of the Beginning

Post by MandeRek »

Battlefront Zero: Envoy of the Beginning

After a lot of considering, and thinking.. I finally decided to do this. Now the first thing I want to get out of the world:
THIS IS NOT RELATED TO DARK TIMES, I even tried avoiding some classes/weapons so people wouldn't start saying: "You've stolen Mav's idea". Besides that the gameplay will be more BF0ish, and the heroes too.

One thing you might consider 'stolen' is the Hero Support unit (not only from Mav'; more used this system) instead of my Semi-heroes. This era will have standard sides, on ALL maps, and one special unit which will be different for the hero on that map.

Anyhow, to get to the main point, as you might have guess by now, BF0:EotB will be about GCW. It won't be as big as CW for now, or as accurate, but it definetaly brings something new, and original.

The sides are fairly basic; 4 standard units (Trooper, Sniper, Assault and Engineer) and 3 support classes (Heavy, Commando, Hero Support)

Alliance to Restore the Republic
  • Rebel Trooper
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    DH-17 Blaster Rifle
    DL-18 Blaster Pistol
    Thermal Detonators

The Rebel Trooper is the main recruit for the Alliance. With the DH-17 Blaster Rifle and the simple, but effective DL-18 Blaster Pistol he makes a good soldier.
  • Rebel Demolition Expert
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    HH-15 Projectile Launcher
    DL-18 Blaster Pistol
    Mines
    Plasma Detonators
    These Rebels are skilled in destroying vehicles or buildings, with the high-power HH-15 and mines. Although good armored, they're easy targets.
  • Rebel Sniper
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    E-17d Sniper Rifle
    DL-18 Blaster Pistol
    Timebombs
    Concussion Grenades

The main Sharpshooters for the Alliance, with grenades and timebombs for some more serious assassinations. I'm still in doubt about the model, what'cha think?
  • Bothan Engineer
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    DH-17 Blaster
    Fusioncutter
    Haywire Detonator
    Deployable Tripods

Couldn't resist adding some other species as well, this well-armored Bothan makes the engineer class. Not so strong, with the DH-17 as main weapon, but mainly used as fixer.
  • Rebel Heavy Trooper (4 PtU)
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    CR-1 Blaster Cannon
    DH-17 Blaster
    Health and ammo dispenser
    Detpacks

The first of the Alliance's 'stronger' classes, this Heavy Trooper is made for one-on-one combat. The CR-1 shotgun, with the strong DH-17 as second weapon, make him very usable on the front lines. He has stronger armor than common troops. Reference:
  • SpecForce Infiltrator (8 PtU)
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    CR-11 Incinerator
    E-17d Sniper Rifle
    Haywire Detonators
    Thermal Detonators

I couldn't resist on adding this one, the tentacles are protected by robotic parts, which is why they move so static (purpose). Her main idea came from the Rebel Twi'Lek female from a Star Wars game (can't remember the name) although I haven't checked it at all as reference. The Incinerator is unique for this unit, and with the Sniper Rifle she's a deadly opponent on the battlefield!
Imperial Forces
  • Stormtrooper
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    E-11 Blaster Rifle
    SE-14r Side Arm
    Thermal Detonators

The well-known Stormtroopers, not a lot to say about those I guess!
  • Shock Trooper
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    MiniMag PTL Missiles Launcher
    SE-14r Side Arm
    Mines
    Plasma Detonators

Not so well known; the real (non-BF2) Shock Trooper. I kinda liked the model, and decided to kitbash him. Yellow might be lighting on the only reference pic, but it doesn't look bad at all.
    Reference:
  • Scout Trooper
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    E-11s Sniper Rifle
    SE-14r Side Arm
    Timebombs
    Concussion Grenades

Basicly the stock unit, with some stronger grenades. Not much to say about this one, really.
  • Stormtrooper Engineer
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    Scout Blaster
    Fusioncutter
    Haywire Detonators
    Deployable Tripod

The engineer class, armed with deployable Tripod-turrets. Pauldron, so he's to be recognized. Scout Blaster is an upgraded blaster.
  • Novatrooper (4 PtU)
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    DLT-20A Blaster Rifle
    Scout Blaster
    Probe Droid
    Plasma Detonators

This is one of my favourite units. The DLT-20A is an unbelievable strong weapon, it only has 450 bullets, with 6 times reloading, and you shoot a whole round in less than 10 seconds... so be carefull with your ammo! The probe droid is really a probedroid, not the basic Recon unit from BF2-stock. The trooper himself is very fast, jumps higher as regular unit, but is quickly defeated.
  • Stormtrooper Commando (8 PtU)
    Hidden/Spoiler:
    Heavy Scout Blaster
    E-11 Blaster Rifle
    Plasma Detonators
    Concussion Grenades

This is one fun class. The Heavy Scout Blaster is a strong Repeating Pistol, which means you can hold the trigger. It fires 2 shots per salvo, with small ordnance so accuracy is required. To support this pistol with limited ammo, he has the standard E-11. To tell you a bit about the Concussion Grenades you've seen this whole setup through; when it hits something/someone, or just besides it, it will kill them basicly instantly. Use these wisely since they can be devasting if used properly!

Ofcourse this era will feature some heroes too. As said with hero support unit, below the finished ones for now. It will be updated though, since this is still a wip.

Kashyyyk; Night Hunt

Wookiee Warrior (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Wookiee Bowcaster
Mines
Wookiee Spirit

The good old Wookiee, can't be denied as Yoda's 'personal bodyguards' at least at Ep3, and the fact he's great connections to them. This Wookiee has the standard Wookiee Bowcaster, Mines and 'Wookiee Spirit'. This is the courageous yell of the Wookiee (sound included) which boosts defense and offense for a (shorter) amount of time.
Grand Master Yoda
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yoda's Lightsaber
Force Energy
Force Heal

The one and only. Although there're hardly battles where Yoda fought for the Rebel side (there aren't any I guess?), I couldn't resist adding him to Kashyyyk. He's basicly the same to the Clone Wars Yoda. The 'Force Energy' is a force power which varies on the user. Yoda as light-side adept, has a Force Energy which basicly pushes everything in a small shockwave, unless fully charge, where he'll release an amazing and huge burst of light and energy, able to damage everything in it's surrounding. Force Energy (lightside) fully charged:
Geonosis; Arena & Tantive IV; BF0

Rogue Shadow Pilot (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
E-11 Blaster Rifle
Fusioncutter
Rally
Deployable Tripods

Hard to find an unit who fought next to Starkiller, anyhow he always had a pilot, although it was quickly a 'rank' earned by Juno Eclipse, so not really a class. Anyhow this pilot is quite basic, the E-11, with fusioncutter and rally, with some backsupport from the tripods, the same dispenser all engineers have. Special thing is his amount of health, which is really high. Thanks to AQT for giving it a canon name
Starkiller
Hidden/Spoiler:
Starkiller's Lightsaber
Force Concentrated Lightning
Saber Throw

The main character of TFU. This will be an hero located on not so many maps, since his lightside-counterpart will make an appearance too. The concentrated Force Lightning is a strong Force move. Instead of the stock one, this Lightning does far more damage, pushes opponents, but it's really sucking away energy and has quite a small range. Starkiller has his own lightsaber ofcourse.

I also added a nice new combo and animset to Starkiller, for his unorthodox grip. His third (final) saber attack is actually a Force move. He uses a lot of energy and all his strength to produce a strong push of energy from both hands, almost instantly killing units which are close, and pushing away units from a more further distance. This can be considered as a third Force Power (although it's used as final saber attack)
Tantive IV; BF0

Kota's Militia (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon
Dh-17 Blaster
Haywire Detonators

One of Kota's special units of his own militia, these rebels made an agreement with Organa. They were known to use some modified 'Clone Trooper-weapons' like a modified DC-15A, or in this case, an modified Z-6. His strong primary weapon is compensated with the weak Haywire's. Still, when his weapon is warmed up, he can unlease an enormous amount of blaster bolts, which will basicly be unavoidable. Credits to Cookie and DEV for the kitbash/model!
Bail Prestor Organa
Hidden/Spoiler:
Alderaan Repeating Pistol
Mines
Rage

Only found in the Tantive IV, this role-model rebel is armed with an Alderaan pistol (creds to Rep) and a lot of mines.. and rage. His pistol is repeating, you can just keep on shooting. Great hero for this single map!

Anyhow, with this I'm kinda saying goodbye to the endless obsession of mine of modding CW only. It all started with a Starkiller model, and now here we are. This will be added to almost all maps, some maps just won't have GCW, and there will be some new GCW-only maps. One I'm working on is an interior map, Endor: Base. Also there'll be a second Mygeeto. For heroes, I'm planning 10/11 for now, but those will be updated here. I can tell you, anyway, that Galen Marek is only going to fight on the Death Star, for the alliance side, against Sidious.

I'll try to update this as much as possible, please let me know your opinions or ideas. Also, I'ld be very pleased if someone wanted to make a trailer for this, I made some soundclips for a background voice, somehow my X-Fire recorded vids seem to be corrupt? so I can't modify them in Movie Maker. Let me know if you're interested
Last edited by MandeRek on Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 am, edited 14 times in total.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Envoy of the Beginning

Post by Maveritchell »

MandeRek wrote:the Hero Support unit (not only from Mav'; more used this system)
More used it, but only after I did in Dark Times. :P

I'm sure it will be a neat addition; you have some very interesting unit design concepts here.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Hmm, ok some words of mine first

-Yeah, I believe the sniper looks a bit weird. Snipers emphasize nimble and light mobility, that many plates don't go well, suggest removing at least the leg ones. The goggles can also use some work.

-Ur bothan is by far one of the BEST models/kitbashes? I see in this page. Good job! :thumbs:

-In the ref pic the heavy troopers have glowing yellow helmet parts. Wanna try that out?

-Wondering, do you use my DLT20 model I made?

-You may wanna align that pauldron correctly on the engineer.

-Suggest ur units hold the DH-17(I guess other pistols are excused) with D.U.C.K's double handed anim.

-Since ur storm commando has a ticked out pistol, suggest he do the same.

-Also wondering, u said the characters will be the same, though i wonder will there be forest version reskins?

Other than that, guess ur GCW is OK! :mrgreen: Keep it up and will be glad to see more

*btw, ur little twi'lek is a reference I believe to Rianna Saren, of the Star Wars PSP game "Lethal Alliance"*
*good job on the twi'lek model there to*
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:
MandeRek wrote:the Hero Support unit (not only from Mav'; more used this system)
More used it, but only after I did in Dark Times. :P
You're a trendsetter Mav :P
CodaRez wrote:Hmm, ok some words of mine first

-Yeah, I believe the sniper looks a bit weird. Snipers emphasize nimble and light mobility, that many plates don't go well, suggest removing at least the leg ones. The goggles can also use some work.
Thought about that too, it just.. happened while moddeling that this came out of it :P I'll make a new model I guess.

-Ur bothan is by far one of the BEST models/kitbashes? I see in this page. Good job! :thumbs:
Thank you, creds to HapSlash for cloth textures

-In the ref pic the heavy troopers have glowing yellow helmet parts. Wanna try that out?
Yeah could do, would look better I guess

-Wondering, do you use my DLT20 model I made?
Nope, most of this was made when I was offline, so I only had reference pics and no GT to give me the model library. It's my own model ;)

-You may wanna align that pauldron correctly on the engineer.
True, will do

-Suggest ur units hold the DH-17(I guess other pistols are excused) with D.U.C.K's double handed anim.
I rather have them like this, might give the anims to some heroes though

-Also wondering, u said the characters will be the same, though i wonder will there be forest version reskins?
Probably not, there will be a forest-like HS unit though, if it really doesn't fit I might make some small reskins. Still, Stormtroopers aren't camouflaged as well.

*btw, ur little twi'lek is a reference I believe to Rianna Saren, of the Star Wars PSP game "Lethal Alliance"*
*good job on the twi'lek model there to*
Thanks, she was indeed a vague picture in my head, used as reference when moddeling it.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

When I first saw this topic, this is what I thought of:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Not that I thought this mod had ANYTHING to do with that, it just popped in my head, lol.

Looks like another awesome BF0 edition! The only sad part is that I have to move some mods around to play what I want on any given day with the Convo Pack, BFX, Dark Times, Dark Space, BF0, and now this. Not to mention all the single map mods that I have stored in my addon2 folder. Ah well, I'll make room :wink: . Looking forward to it, yet again, MandeRek!
YTF
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by YTF »

The Rebel Sniper looks like he (she?) has 3-D glasses on. :P
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, cool mod, MandeRek! All the units look really nice! I really like the Imperial Novatrooper & Commando. But I think you should change the glasses on the rebel sniper. Like YTF said,
YTF wrote:The Rebel Sniper looks like he (she?) has 3-D glasses on. :P
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Blade117 »

This looks epic. Is it planned for the next release? Mabye it'll get me to reinstall BF0 despite all the maps that don't work on my comp.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Battlefront Zero, in the GCW era I always loved? That's great! I like how you are keeping the same visual style and the functional simplicity of each class, I will be looking forward to playing this new addon as well! :D

I like the sniper model, I don't see anything wrong in it, afterall who said a sniper can't wear armor? The visor (or "3-d glasses") are cool, in a retro sort of way, I think it's the kind of thing you would probably see in a Star Wars costume from the original trilogy.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Looking nice!
Gonna add a nice amount to file size though :?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Not really, just 2 sides and a slight bigger ingame/mission/core.lvl Besides that, I reduced filesize a lot before 3.0 ;)

Updates:

Improved units
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you see, I added glow to the Heavy Trooper visor and gave the engineer the shocktrooper(stock) pauldron. With that those seem to be done.
Geonosis; Arena & Tantive IV; BF0

Rogue Shadow Pilot (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
E-11 Blaster Rifle
Fusioncutter
Rally
Autoturret Dispenser

Hard to find an unit who fought next to Starkiller, anyhow he always had a pilot, although it was quickly a 'rank' earned by Juno Eclipse, so not really a class. Anyhow this pilot is quite basic, the E-11, with fusioncutter and rally, with some backsupport from the autoturrets. Special thing is his amount of health, which is really high
Starkiller
Hidden/Spoiler:
Starkiller's Lightsaber
Force Concentrated Lightning
Saber Throw

The main character of TFU. This will be an hero located on not so many maps, since his lightside-counterpart will make an appearance too. The concentrated Force Lightning is a strong Force move. Instead of the stock one, this Lightning does far more damage, pushes opponents, but it's really sucking away energy and has quite a small range. Starkiller has his own lightsaber ofcourse.
Last edited by MandeRek on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Nice units, the improved ones are much better!

I love starkiller, btw. :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

MandeRek wrote:Rogue Squadron Pilot (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
E-11 Blaster Rifle
Fusioncutter
Rally
Autoturret Dispenser

Hard to find an unit who fought next to Starkiller, anyhow he always had a pilot, although it was quickly a 'rank' earned by Juno Eclipse, so not really a class. Anyhow this pilot is quite basic, the E-11, with fusioncutter and rally, with some backsupport from the autoturrets. Special thing is his amount of health, which is really high
My initial thought was, without reading the hidden information, was why is a Rogue Squadron pilot wearing TIE Pilot uniform. Then I read the hidden stuff and it started to make sense. It was merely a typo (or was it?): Rogue Shadow Pilot. :wink:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Now I did indeed mix them up I guess. Fixed now! Working on some more heroes for now, I've deleted all my old Bail Organa files, since they were awfull, upcoming one will be much better, plus a nice hero for the imperials, with 'flying' anims, known from the Jedi Knight-series game, thanks to Teancum for helping me with that one.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Sorry for double post.

Improvements:

Hidden/Spoiler:
Finally a new Rebel Sniper model, which is the highest pic. Below that finally a good pic of the Incinerator model, and last but not least: engineers will have Deployable Tripods instead of Autoturrets (creds to... train and Rep right?)
I also added a nice new combo and animset to Starkiller, for his unorthodox grip. His third (final) saber attack is actually a Force move. He uses a lot of energy and all his strength to produce a huge push of energy from both hands, almost instantly killed units which are close, and pushing away units from a more further distance. This can be considered as a third Force Power (although it's used as final saber attack)

Then..

Tantive IV; BF0

Kota's Militia (12 PtU)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon
Dh-17 Blaster
Haywire Detonators

One of Kota's special units of his own militia, these rebels made an agreement with Organa. They were known to use some modified 'Clone Trooper-weapons' like a modified DC-15A, or in this case, an modified Z-6. His strong primary weapon is compensated with the weak Haywire's. Still, when his weapon is warmed up, he can unlease an enormous amount of blaster bolts, which will basicly be unavoidable. Credits to Cookie and DEV for the kitbash/model!
Bail Prestor Organa
Hidden/Spoiler:
Alderaan Repeating Pistol
Mines
Rage

Only found in the Tantive IV, this role-model rebel is armed with an Alderaan pistol (creds to Rep) and a lot of mines.. and rage. His pistol is repeating, you can just keep on shooting. Great hero for this single map!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: Envoy of the Beginning [Galactic Civil War]

Post by Delta-1035 »

Nice update! The sniper is definately better.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Delta-1035 wrote:Nice update! The sniper is definately better.
QFT! The Sniper is a lot better.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

4 Screenshots of the GCW-Boz Pity! :D Will update with some more info on the (lots of) new heroes I made and some vehicles.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Somehow I like this map more with GCW.. It's kinda unfair since I've more experience now, making the GCW, at some points, 'cooler' as CW
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Blade117 »

Then go improve CW while your at it, slacker. j/k. This looks great. The sniper skin/model above (waaaaaaaaaaaaay above) is cool.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

MandeRek wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
That's the best GCW Obi-Wan model yet! All he needs is just a few more wrinkles, he appears rather young for someone who has grey hair.

Nice update!