Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront Zero's Future

Post by MandeRek »

Dear friends,

Some major things have been going on in the BF0 team. You guys will not have noticed..

In the end, the Battlefront Zero release is finally there! Space Muunilist and Boz Pity have been added, and the latest addition, Muunilist; Outer City is almost done too. After that, I'll zip up the whole thing and publish it.

The release will make some changes.. Wazmol will be leaving. He is busy, and also a bit tired of modding. This is a shame, he was the main man on Zero.. I've wished wazmol all luck and completely understand him, because...

...I will be leaving too. There are more things in life than modding. It's just a hobby, and it should finally make place for things which are more important to my life, like school, family and my girl.. I've assigned NullCommando as the lead now. I'm sure he'll do fine. My only wish to him is: keep all of BF0 from this release, as it is. Don't start changing everything! I'm sure he'll respect that.. And ofcourse bug-fixing will be fine..

It was a nice time on GT, but I'm proud of myself i can finally go. I want to thank Mav, Frag and Ace because they always guided me in modding, and i want to thanks FOOLIS and wazzie for being my best mates.. Oh and ewok; you've done an amazing job.. Sorry i can't help you any further, but i basicly explained everything once except complicated animation things like walkers. Only thing i won't miss is this new generation of lazy n00bs.. I won't feel bothered sayin it cuz i really think they are.. They made my last weeks on GT sometimes very irritating..

I'll send all my XSI scenes to my buddy, and best moddeler of GT.. I hope he will fix the big bugs if they are there..
I dunno how the other members will react, all discussion concerning this should go below! Mods: I know there is a goodbye topic, but BF0 is my baby.. Please don't lock this topic.

Everyone.. Good bye.. NullCommando will give you the link to the download, once i completed it! :)
Last edited by MandeRek on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Battlefront Zero's Future

Post by Nova Hawk »

It's finally going to come out! Yay! But it seems as thou once everyone has finished their big mod, they leave GT... It is sad to see all of you guys leave. Best of luck to you!

And may the Force be with you, always!

EDIT
I don't think I ever got a answer for this: But will this mod have the Jedi Starfighter as seen in the Clone Wars series?
YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YouJediJunkie »

As someone once said:

"They always come back.".

:music:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Hidden/Spoiler:
You'll come crawling back :P
But in all seriousness, good luck to both MandeRek and Wazmol with everything you've got going for you in the rest of your lives. Everyone involved with BF0 has done a fantastic job and well continue to do so, I'm sure, but you're right when you say there are other things in life that are more important.
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

I just hope I'll be good enough, and I will respect that wish MandeRek. Everyone at GT will miss you very much Waz and MandeRek.

"May the force be with you.. Always.."

May you both enjoy a happy life.
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

Everything you just said then MandeRek is very true and i thank you for all the things you have done.

Im sure NullCommando will do just fine with modding for BF0, after all he is one of the best modders around.

Just to re-iterate on some of MandeReks points, we will be finishing with modding for BF0 and to some extent we will be leaving. BUT not GT forever. I will be here still from time to time and im sure MandeRek will be popping up every once in a while.

Who knows, maybe one day, when my life clears up i will be able to mod again. Maybe not SWBF2 but something else.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the comments and support from you guys.

Now my special thanks list:

MandeRek- Quickly became my best pal on GT and well to be honest on the internet as a whole.
Dragon93- Some of you may remember him on GT but he was my first friend here and he was the BEST skinner ever to be on this forum. He will always be on of my good friends.
FOOLIS- Being there with me and MandeRek all the way.
NullCommando- For being a great guy and for being quite a laugh to talk with.
AceMastermind- Im not going to lie but back in August 2006 i first met Ace' on Lucasforums, then i continued my annoyingness (sp?) to Filefront Forums where i would send him tonnes of PMs asking him for modding help. He would always answer and he taught me everything i know.
My BF0 Squad- Always had a lot of support from the team and i owe you all a lot.
Caleb- On Xfire we used to speak for ages, discussing modeling and mapping, he sent me a pack of hes own models that i still use now. He was a very good helpful person to me.
RepSharpshooter- Helps me with a little bit of modding every now and again, but its not that. He is a very very awesome programmer and helps me a lot with my tasks. Oh and he is one of the best Clan Leaders you could ever depend upon.
Qdin- helped me with a lot of modeling and became a very good friend to me. I owe you also Quie. ;)

A few memories, all this time down the line i have had with modding.
Hidden/Spoiler:
http://www.piczo.com/ConfederacyofIndep ... cr=7&rfm=y -site doesnt work now but its just a memory.

An old PM: [Hide][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynie666
i dont intend to be enoying but can you please answer this question? okay how do i place attes on a map becuase i added the vehicle spawn inside the control path i edited the lua adding the rep_walk_atte and also added it in the 3x2 sets of legs bit i put 1 now what? i might of donw something wrong. if you cant figure out what i have done wrong can you just tell me from the beggining what to do. thanks alot paynie aka wazmol
For Command vehicles like ATTE's You only need to place a vehicle spawn in ZE and assign it to team 1, then in "Object instance" on the right enter:

ClassRepATK
rep_walk_atte

then save and close ZE.

Open your ABCc_con.lua

Scroll down to your:

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_ep2_rifleman",
"rep_inf_ep2_rocketeer",
"rep_inf_ep2_engineer",
"rep_inf_ep3_officer",
"rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper",
"rep_hover_fightertank",
"rep_hero_anakin",
"rep_hover_barcspeeder",
"rep_inf_ep2_marine",
"re_fly_assault_dome",
"rep_fly_gunship_dome",
"rep_fly_gunship",
"rep_walk_atte") <=====add this line

Then scroll down further to:
In this example, i have 3 ATTE's on my map but this is how it looks.

-- Level Stats
ClearWalkers() <=======uncomment this line, remove the "--"
AddWalkerType(0, 4) -- special -> droidekas
AddWalkerType(1, 1) -- 1x2 (1 pair of legs)
AddWalkerType(2, 0) -- 2x2 (2 pairs of legs)
AddWalkerType(3, 3) -- 3x2 (3 pairs of legs) <===Add the # of ATTE's
SetMemoryPoolSize("CommandWalker", 3) <====add this line below it

Then close(save) and munge and go play and your walkers will be on your map.[/quote]
A[/Hide]

Well that was some dragged out post. Thanks for reading everyone.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hidden/Spoiler:
http://www.piczo.com/ConfederacyofIndep ... cr=7&rfm=y -site doesnt work now but its just a memory.

An old PM: [Hide][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynie666
i dont intend to be enoying but can you please answer this question? okay how do i place attes on a map becuase i added the vehicle spawn inside the control path i edited the lua adding the rep_walk_atte and also added it in the 3x2 sets of legs bit i put 1 now what? i might of donw something wrong. if you cant figure out what i have done wrong can you just tell me from the beggining what to do. thanks alot paynie aka wazmol
For Command vehicles like ATTE's You only need to place a vehicle spawn in ZE and assign it to team 1, then in "Object instance" on the right enter:

ClassRepATK
rep_walk_atte

then save and close ZE.

Open your ABCc_con.lua

Scroll down to your:

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_ep2_rifleman",
"rep_inf_ep2_rocketeer",
"rep_inf_ep2_engineer",
"rep_inf_ep3_officer",
"rep_inf_ep2_jettrooper",
"rep_hover_fightertank",
"rep_hero_anakin",
"rep_hover_barcspeeder",
"rep_inf_ep2_marine",
"re_fly_assault_dome",
"rep_fly_gunship_dome",
"rep_fly_gunship",
"rep_walk_atte") <=====add this line

Then scroll down further to:
In this example, i have 3 ATTE's on my map but this is how it looks.

-- Level Stats
ClearWalkers() <=======uncomment this line, remove the "--"
AddWalkerType(0, 4) -- special -> droidekas
AddWalkerType(1, 1) -- 1x2 (1 pair of legs)
AddWalkerType(2, 0) -- 2x2 (2 pairs of legs)
AddWalkerType(3, 3) -- 3x2 (3 pairs of legs) <===Add the # of ATTE's
SetMemoryPoolSize("CommandWalker", 3) <====add this line below it

Then close(save) and munge and go play and your walkers will be on your map.[/quote]
What's the link and all that for?
Sorry if I'm abusing any rules, but when will we get the download link to the mod??
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

Sorry to sound rude but, can you not hold you patience for 2 seconds at max? It'll be out when MandeRek uploads everything and I post the download link..
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

I can, I was just asking no harm in that..

EDIT
The maps in this mod, will they appear as official (white) or custom (orange)? Like those in the Conversion Pack.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

No, they're neither. I can't remember what they are. Oh well.
Well, it sad to see ya go, MandeRek and Wazzie, I wish you guys'd stay to the end, as I think some more player models could be useful, and then I like your style, Waz. Ah well, s'long.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Nova Hawk wrote:The maps in this mod, will they appear as official (white) or custom (orange)? Like those in the Conversion Pack.
In the Alpha the map names appeared blue.

Good bye, MandeRek and Wazmol. Both of your works were great. Live life well.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

You're leaving?! Well, thanks for modding, and hoped you had a great time here at GT!

The Force will be with you...Always

And Godspeed in real life!
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Nova Hawk wrote: What's the link and all that for?
Sorry if I'm abusing any rules, but when will we get the download link to the mod??
Im not sure if you realise but you sounded Diet Dr. Pepper rude. DONT speak to us like that again. Its easy to be patient but you just can't handle it can you? Either leave us good feedback or none at all. I am sick and tired of you and some other people just like you. STOP ASKING US 4 THE RELEASE. GIVE US SOME Diet Dr. Pepper TIME!!!! THIS ISN'T A SMALL MOD.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Waz, you make a good point in that no one should harass anyone for release dates - it is rude. However, you're being a little rude in return by cursing. Also -
wazmol wrote:Either leave us good feedback or none at all.
This isn't a great attitude. Yes, it's always nicer to get positive feedback, but if you don't accept the bad with the good you're not getting anything that'll help you grow or get better. You've got to let people have their own opinions, and even in light of that he's not bashing your work.
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Ah yes, i agree Mav' i was a bit touchy. However, if you look at his whole post he says that:
What's the link and all that for?
Well im not one to take easily to something like that. I tried to show that i have had a great time here modding swbf2 and all he basicly said is "sHuT uP n Werez tHa Linkzzz"
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

@Wazmol That was not my intention at all. I did say sorry in advance if I'm breaking any rules. But that was a little harsh about what you said. And if I didn't ask it, then someone else would. Why does everyone say that I can't be patient?? I can be! I can wait forever for this mod to be out! I was just excited that this mod is finally going to be released! Also, I never asked u before when the download link was gonna be released. I've asked other people, but not you. I'm trying to get out of that habit and I'm doing good so far.

And MandeRek said that you were already gonna give us a link so I assumed the mod was done. I didn't mean to harass anyone. Please don't give me another warning.
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Nova Hawk wrote:@Wazmol That was not my intention at all. I did say sorry in advance if I'm breaking any rules. But that was a little harsh about what you said. And if I didn't ask it, then someone else would. Why does everyone say that I can't be patient?? I can be! I can wait forever for this mod to be out! I was just excited that this mod is finally going to be released! Also, I never asked u before when the download link was gonna be released. I've asked other people, but not you. I'm trying to get out of that habit and I'm doing good so far.

And MandeRek said that you were already gonna give us a link so I assumed the mod was done. I didn't mean to harass anyone. Please don't give me another warning.
I actually didnt really know what i was saying, im sorry if i have made you feel upset in anyway. *Feels bad*
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Oh, well that's alright.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Well, I knew this would happen. BFII is starting to really die, and I'm not that all shocked that you guys are leaving BFII modding right now. I hope you guys know that your mod will be one of the best out there for BFII,(but not as best as the convo pack. :P ) and might just buy BFII a few extra years, like the convo pack and the 1.3 patch. So good luck with your lives! :)
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

I hate to post again.. But however rude wazzie was, he was right. It was unbelievable how much effort i've put in into giving information, and answering questions. Most again and again. This new generation of modders, i think they don't even know what search means.. My first post CLEARLY says i need to fix some things before upload..

That being said: No waz, i won't pop up on GT anymore.. I've uninstalled XFire, and all computer games except BF2. After Zero i'll uninstall XSI and BF2..

This was MandeRek.. wazzie, luv ya mate, and good bye gt