Battlefront Zero - Version 1.9 (Download and Bugs) [closed]

Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 1.9 (Download and Bugs)

Post by Maveritchell »

Devastator77 wrote:Also, while many of the Award weapon glitches were fixed, I still had freezing problems with a few legions (For Example: the standard battle droid on Muunilist
These problems need to be found and fixed as a first priority; the game freezing is a real buzzkill and worse than the game simply CTD'ing. For me, it means I have to restart my computer - which is a lot more of a pain than simply restarting the game.

Haven't tried a lot; will post more later - this was just something that popped up the second map in that I tried.
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

Maveritchell wrote:
Devastator77 wrote:Also, while many of the Award weapon glitches were fixed, I still had freezing problems with a few legions (For Example: the standard battle droid on Muunilist
These problems need to be found and fixed as a first priority; the game freezing is a real buzzkill and worse than the game simply CTD'ing. For me, it means I have to restart my computer - which is a lot more of a pain than simply restarting the game.

Haven't tried a lot; will post more later - this was just something that popped up the second map in that I tried.
Yeah, I had to restart it as well... 3 times...so I ended up choosing one of my profiles that didn't have any award weapons.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

on kashyyyk the clone engineer, only use the fussioncutter don't have others primary weapons :(
on Ilum don't appear the chameleon droid
on mygeeto don't appear the tri-droid
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:

I totally agree that i need to fix those with top-priority.. You fix them by these lines right:
ScoreMe... = 1
..Med........= 1

Something like that, dunno by heart. I added those lines to ALL weapon odfs :?

Also, devastor, thanks for the nice review! Good to see you guys note the amount of improvements too :)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Ok, my report:

First though, @ Devastator77: I believe the restart can be averted by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del(opening the task manager) and ending the BFII program(i think it worked for me)

3 Maps that I tested so far, first

-BTW On ALL 3 maps I tested, I believe there wasn't any background music at all. There was only music when on a vehicle or as a hero :(

BOZ PITY:

-Might wanna see this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You can see that I am standing on thin air! Woohoo! Other than the fact that I have discovered my innate magical talent I am elated! Ahahahaha! *Gets tomato thrown at face* Ok fine sry, no jokes.

The fact I could walk to this palce means you gotta set up your boundaries a bit better(even though it takes a loong while tog et to where I am) And those black squares you see in the screenie too? They can be seen from WITHIN the immediate battlezone too(the place where theres all teh action). So the boundaries arent a big threat now, but those squares need to be fixed.

Some command posts I also found were hard to capture(no matter how close I stood to the post nothing happened).

Being the first map I played in your mod though, have to say it left a VERY good first impression. New models and new jedi moves its really great :thumbs: .(ESPECIALLY the air droid, NICE JOB)

ok now

MUUNILIST:

Didn't find any bugs in particular, mainly cus the battle ended so quickly! The CIS overran me so fast didn't have time to unlock the last character.

A note on the lance trooper, I don't really see his use on the battlefield. Sure, holding a big lance is good, but his primary attack is so slow, and he doesn't have any other weapon. He cant speed attack or jump attack, heck I believe some people would find it better to just back-swing, its faster.

Nice speeder models though

And finally(for now)

KASHY(censored cus of sp?)K:

-Ok, one MAJOR bug I found. When we captured all teh command posts, there was no victory countdown(look at your LUA pls). So we spent the whole time looking for the 1 battle droid to kill. The good news, that took all the more of half a minute, the bad news, I wasn't the one that killed him.

-Note on the ATAP, like the lance trooper, it doesn't serve its higher purpose. Sure, its laser turret packs beyond a punch, but tis slow(animations, can't argue I guess, unless I want to see shuffling). And the main cannon, sure I can deal with the fact its HIGHLY inaccurate, but maybe you can tune up its power, after all:

*Big gun doesn't make a big man*
*But big gun pwnz gewd anyway*

Good compensation for its inaccuracy(just make sure ur in a mob of your friends)

Other than that, the fact its moidelled and actually in-game walking in front of my face is something to be bowed down to: :bowdown: (good job :thumbs: )

-Grees textures looked slightly messed up to me(looking at his back, was mostly pitch black*rhyme*)

The map itself is really well fleshed out, real sense of being in kassyykk, vgj

Overall so far, this mod is Diet Dr. Pepper good for me, got high hopes for it, keep up the awesome work man! :maulsaber:

*Tears up report papers, flings the shredded bits in the air and flees into the sunset!*
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks for the review man, glad you like it!
CodaRez wrote:You can see that I am standing on thin air!
That will be fixed. Boundaries will be improved!
CodaRez wrote:And those black squares you see in the screenie too? They can be seen from WITHIN the immediate battlezone too(the place where theres all teh action).

No clue what that is.. Can it be some effect, which your pc can handle? More people see black squares in Boz?
CodaRez wrote:Some command posts I also found were hard to capture(no matter how close I stood to the post nothing happened).
This will be a bug, reported frequently.. Some CPs were made uncapturable to give a better gameplay!
CodaRez wrote:Being the first map I played in your mod though, have to say it left a VERY good first impression. New models and new jedi moves its Diet Dr. Pepper great :thumbs: .(ESPECIALLY the air droid, NICE JOB)
Thank you, worked weeks on those points.
CodaRez wrote:ok now

MUUNILIST:
Come get me...
CodaRez wrote:Didn't find any bugs in particular, mainly cus the battle ended so quickly! The CIS overran me so fast didn't have time to unlock the last character.
Weird coincidence? I must say the AATs are a bit overpowering, might add in a Rep tank, or remove/replace the AATs
CodaRez wrote:A note on the lance trooper, I don't really see his use on the battlefield. Sure, holding a big lance is good, but his primary attack is so slow, and he doesn't have any other weapon. He cant speed attack or jump attack, heck I believe some people would find it better to just back-swing, its faster.
This was to keep him from being a hero instead of normal character.. He is slow, slow moving, but still, this swing is far more powerful than any other melee-weapon-swing. Besides, he's not a hero, so need some downsides too I think.
CodaRez wrote:Nice speeder models though
QFT

CodaRez wrote:Ok, one MAJOR bug I found. When we captured all teh command posts, there was no victory countdown(look at your LUA pls). So we spent the whole time looking for the 1 battle droid to kill. The good news, that took all the more of half a minute, the bad news, I wasn't the one that killed him.
Weird.. will look into that!
CodaRez wrote:Note on the ATAP, like the lance trooper, it doesn't serve its higher purpose. Sure, its laser turret packs beyond a punch, but tis slow(animations, can't argue I guess, unless I want to see shuffling). And the main cannon, sure I can deal with the fact its HIGHLY inaccurate, but maybe you can tune up its power
Yeah.. Besides he's slow (walkers are mostly slow) he is a great turret actually. You can go in top seat and gun people down with the laser. The first blaster is, indeed, inaccurate, because it only shoots in a straight line from the canon. You need to get the hang of that, hehe.
CodaRez wrote:Other than that, the fact its moidelled and actually in-game walking in front of my face is something to be bowed down to: :bowdown: (good job :thumbs: )
Thanks man, walkers are awesome things.
CodaRez wrote:Grees textures looked slightly messed up to me(looking at his back, was mostly pitch black*rhyme*)
Fixed (creds to Satti)
CodaRez wrote:The map itself is really well fleshed out, real sense of being in kassyykk, vgj

Overall so far, this mod is Diet Dr. Pepper good for me, got high hopes for it, keep up the awesome work man! :maulsaber:

Thanks a lot for the good review, hope you can do the other maps too, and enjoy playing it!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

i don't know why, but i can NOT download it. My download starts and stops after downloaded some MB.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Delta-1035 wrote:i don't know why, but i can NOT download it. My download starts and stops after downloaded some MB.
Okay, strange.. Can someone who downloaded this, upload it to another mirror? (filefront, swbf2filefront)(Zerted's page?)

Not only for Delta, also since MegaUpload is a weird one which is down all time and takes a long time to download (I suggest you download the MegaManager, it will be a lot faster, plus can be paused :) I use it now for uploading! Thanks for that, DarthD.U.C.K.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

I really don't know why... Today i started the 6° download, i think, and now is stopped at 39,4 MB, it doesn't want to continue :cpu:

Anyway thanks in advance if someone upload it to another mirror.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Ahahaha! lol glad you liked the review, but I aint finished yet!

*Enters room with shredded papers from last episode, starts crying cus vacations over, and flushes out a new set of papers*

Ok, jsut remembering as my mind goes by:

First up

GEONOSIS:

-Now now, the Clones seem to be just standing there at the first CP. Yes movie realistic I know, but the goal of conquest is to capture posts into submission. Maybe you could make the pathing so they at least run around and expand around the map a bit more. Plus, just them standing there kinda gives a disadvantage(a grenade lobbed over me and suddenly I heard many agonizing screams and a flying arm)

-the CIS units may need their numbers ubered up, that IMO makes it more realistic.

(Zer0 Squad Mode)

Well I get thousands of Geo Bug Uglyspawns flying all over me, surprisingly doing nothing. They don't notice you much, I could actually count the amount of blaster shots fired at me(about 7 as opposed to the 1,002,675,900 shots fired at Boz) I suggest you make them more aggresive(somehow) but then you would be reduced to mush before you could even encounter the dark jedi(which was about 2-5 minutes), so you should reduce their numbers before that.

Next up the line

ILUM:

Now, this map is weird, but ahs a nice layout and design AND props. Though I can't deny:

-that I couldn't get much metres past my CP! The droids were Diet Dr. Pepper good at keeping us pinned down.(not really a bug though :P)

-but this IS a bug, somewhere in half the playing time the CP I was spawning at (the republic one, inside the cave) suddenly stopped spawning, and of course the droids, being the supposedly tactical geniuses they are, swarmed and pwned me faster than how retardeedly ol' Ki Adi got blasted by his troops in 66(of course, i could take at least MORE than 1 guy out with me, poor Adi).

-So like wth I went to check my mini map after spawning at the cp outside the cave. A note on that, it is far away from the entrance and makes for a slight walk :(

-My minimap simply showed that because of the far spaces all my troops were alrdy INSIDE teh cave, but not near an enemy CP and would have to wait for about a minute or 2 before freshly spawned troops from outside teh cave arrive.

-I suggest putting allied CPs close together, not severed like in the map.

Sorry, I got pwned so fast I only caught a glimpse of the interiors true beauty.
But the glimpse was good enough nice job :thumbs: (many shiny crystal me likie)

-But sometimes when you sway ur view randomly the crystals dissapear 0_o

(Jeedai Huntin')

-A note on ur droid tri-legged assassin thing. The model is Diet Dr. Pepper nice, kudos to that, but the main texture looks strange. No offense, but it reminds me of a wicker basket.

The eye parts and legs were textured nice though, gj.

the droids are a tough fight, need more than some blocking......

Ok,*whew* this job is hard :faint:

Ok, next!

MYGEETO:

-You do know that neutral CP added in? From the beginning of the map it was neutral. Well I believe it will stay neutral THROUGHOUT the entire map. Apparently halfway through the psot was STILL neutral. All the bots were ignoring it! And I think I know why, because the bridge connecting requires you to JUMP, and of course the poor bots think jumping is obsolete, so they don't/can't do it. Try lowering that bridge
And of course since the bots didn't crowd around that bridge tryin to use their UNIVERSAL walk method, I believe you didn't path the bots to go that way. Once the bridge is fixed, u should.

-*Ahem*
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think cracks like these are sometimes easily overlooked. Suggest looking around ur map to see if theres more just in case.

-And they didn't make Mygeeto the completely white, mockery of a White Christmas with many broken things added *GASP* with jsut troopers
I suggest adding some vehicles to the twist :mrgreen:

And finally!(for now again *Trade Mark Darthipedia*)

SALEUCAMI

Another well done map from the looks of it! I can see the emphasis on movie looks as practiced on Boz and Kash to name a few was brought here too. It really does look good.

-(ERROR) Sry, didn't find bugs yet, I quit midway to write this report before my brain exploded from remembering all these bugs.
But I did put this here for something:
Bly's troops all had authorization to wear kamas and pauldrons. So you should add kamas and pauldrons to all his troops, more pansyI MEAN realistic. The 91st trooper was done well, gj.

*GASP* Thats all for now(refer to TM above) now excuse me while I explode my brain.

*BOOM*
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

As said, you should really download the 'MegaManager' file.. Just google it (=
It has some great features, and works really well on Windows. Here's the link, I googled-it hehe

http://www.megaupload.com/?c=tools

I'm sure you can download BF0 with this. Good luck
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Delta-1035 »

MandeRek wrote:you should really download the 'MegaManager' file
done, i'm downloading now...
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Lol this may be my final notes(just incase u missed it, my second ones above)
Last map to test was

MOS GAMO:

-Nice work on the mostly Hasbro related 187th legion

http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4unleashed/image6.asp

This link has a pic of em that may help on more skin refining.

-The Z6 Rotary used by one of the troopers is a bit boxy and 2 parted looking. I think the one used in BFX may be a better one you should try

-BARC speeders are mute

-AND as a universal comment after testing all your maps, ALL of them don't have background music. The music really does get people into the sort of *feeling* of the game IMO so you should add some.

-Echuu shen had a green lightsaber? and wasn't it single?

Still a nice desert map.

OH BTW!

GEONOSIS:

-Forgot to mension adding some local jedi spawns and heroes would make it more movie realistic too. Just sayin

Through testing all(I believe) the maps in this map, I believe it has a lot of touching up to do. But it really does live up to its expectations to have many people DLing it. Its something I wouldn't miss. GJ :thumbs: :thumbs:
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

starting with bugs i found

Just found 2 trees at CP3 on boz pitty with missing texture
Hidden/Spoiler:
On Illum there were some bugs with the props, for example:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Normal

Just a step more forward
troops dont come up to the entrance also
ok Geonosis i just found this lil thing here
Hidden/Spoiler:
on Rhen Var you should give the droids more reinforcements since it takes just a few mins for the rep to win if you play it

on mygeeto were no tri's

and on mos gamos i couldnt choose CP4 to spawn at

saleucami is a great addon to the mod, its an awesome map, feels totally epic. just found some of these rockforms floating in the air at CP4 i think

the zero squad mode is quite fun but way to easy and to short, defenetly still needs some work.

the mod has made a big step and its very fun to play. my favourite maps are rhen var and saleucami, they are something fresh, cant explain it.
awesome mod keep going!
Last edited by TK432 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks CodaRez! :D That review made my brains explode too, hehe..

I've got most things written here now, the suggestions you make are mostly not accepted though, like the kama thing. I think you should have a bit of variation, otherwise the poor short-sighted can't see they're facing a Commander instead of normal unit. Main problems are the award glitches, those pics indeed, and sounds..

Sounds will be fixed one day. Mygeeto can't, dissapointingly, be fixed, since all world files are gone.

I'm thinking of removing Ilum.. Ewok has worked very hard on it, and i feel terribly sorry about it, but the map only gives me headache on all those model-glitches and gameplay-bugs.

Thanks again, posting pics makes it far more clearer to me as well! I'm fixing bugs now, and waiting a week or so, then I'll release the new (maybe bug-free?) version 2.0
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

Good to hear MandeRek!
But, please, if it's possible, try to keep Illum in the mod. I know it's glitchy, but it has improved quite a bit already, and it still has great potential.
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

Devastator77 wrote:Good to hear MandeRek!
But, please, if it's possible, try to keep Illum in the mod. I know it's glitchy, but it has improved quite a bit already, and it still has great potential.
Agreed, though its defenetly improvable it was a lot fun to play. for my opinion just raise the ground at the entrance a bit so that troops are able to get in and the map is well playable
(besides the wall glitches)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

OOO A few wks more to the 2.0, time seems to work for you man :mrgreen:

EDIT: Btw:

KASHYYKK(sp?)

-ATRT mute

-Wookiees mute

-DC15 CArbine reload sound missing

Mos Gamo:

-The ithorian jedi, DOESN'T BREATH LIKE DARTH VADER. lol darth vader breathing sound :vader2: a light sided ithorian jedi LOL doesn't fit..... :funny2: ...... :runaway:

Ithorians seriously don't naturally breath like that if thats what ur aiming for...
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I've only played through five maps so far, but here are my impressions of them:

Boz Pity
Nice map, good gameplay. The only bug I noticed was what someone mentioned before, the black spot in the skydome. I'm pretty sure this is because of a missing skydome model (the city in the background, I think). I don't know for sure how to fix it, though, without adding in that model (which I presume you don't want to do).

Not a bug, but I really don't think the droid starfighter should be in the map. The flight ceiling is so low that it's difficult to fly at all, but if it was any higher, the player could clearly see out of the map (actually, I could see well outside the map as it is). It didn't add anything to the gameplay that I could see, so removing it wouldn't hurt at all.

Geonosis
This map just felt...empty. I realize it's supposed to be like that, but it just didn't make it very interesting to play through. I really don't know what to suggest. Adding more rocks and such would make it untrue to the arena we saw in the movie (which I believe you're going for). Maybe just add in some more environmental effects, like dust? Or a few landed gunships around the center. As it is, I felt kind of like I was playing the default map that appears when you first start making one.

As for bugs, the only things I noticed were some missing sounds in Hero Assault. I didn't check the CIS side, but the dual pistol and pistol-carbine combo were missing sounds.

Muunilist
This might just be my somewhat out-of-date computer, but: lots of disappearing objects. Even disappearing vehicles. I only played on this map for a few minutes because it just go so annoying. The building models themselves are very impressive, though.

Ilum
Same story as Muunilist: lots of disappearing objects. Although in this case, it was even worse for me. When I went outside, the entire temple disappeared at times. Upon re-entering, half the map essentially disappeared, rendering it unplayable (well, it was playable, but sure wasn't any fun). I might give it another try later to see if I have better luck.

Gameplay-wise, I'd recommend moving the command post outside the temple closer to the door (or at least off the steep hill, since it looks like it's floating). Also, tighten up the planning near the temple entrance. A lot of the AI were trying to run up the sides of the hill.

Kashyyyk
Definitely my favorite map so far. The environment and lighting are set up perfectly, if you ask me. It's dark, but not to the point that the player can't see anything. It looks like a very natural night setting.

I didn't see any problems with planning, but the AT-AP didn't seem to make much of a presence. I found it sort of hiding in some bushes not doing much.

For bugs, there were a few disappearing objects (the white crates from the Naboo: Prototype assets or Squeddie's model pack), but not anywhere near as many as Ilum and Muunilist. The AT-RT was missing firing sounds, and I think movement sounds as well (not sure about the AT-AP, but I'm pretty sure it was missing some sounds as well).

As a whole, I can certainly see that this is coming together well. The only consistent problem I saw that cripples the quality was the disappearing objects, but as I said, my computer isn't exactly the best around, so it might not be as much of a problem for other people. I'll post back later with feedback on the last few maps.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks Eggman! The dissapearing objects.. I have them too by bits, only at Muunilist. Ilum is one buggy baby and i still think about removing it.. The AT-AP has indeed not much use.. I tried to remove the collision from those bushes but couldn't do it. Otherwise he would bring in some action. You can still use him as player though, that's why i left him in.

I'm now trying to fix all missing sounds, but it's a pain! I basicly need 1 sound file, with all vehiclesounds from the Clone Wars era, and all weaponsounds from the Galactic Civil War era.. If someone can do this for me, I would be very happy!