Autumn Sale - what to get?

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Autumn Sale - what to get?

Post by Fiodis »

So Steam's having their massive Autumn sale and I'm a bit stuck on what to get. I've got about $15 to play with after picking up Terraria for $2.50. I've been eyeing up Dark Souls, since I played it at a friend's house a few years back and enjoyed it thoroughly, but I'm unsure how it'll be on PC without a controller. Anyone played it on PC? Were there many issues with the port?

Also, what else might you suggest to get for less than $20?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Autumn Sale - what to get?

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I'm waiting for Bioshock Infinite to drop a bit more. Amazon's actually got all 3 Bioshock games (Steam keys) in a triple pack for $15 from now until Dec 3rd, but I already have the first two. So I guess if the Steam price doesn't drop by the end of the sale, that's what I'll be doing.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Dark Souls is one of the most unoptimized PC ports I've ever seen.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

If there's anyone looking to get Skyrim, it's on sale today (Nov. 28th). Legendary edition is just over $20, while the base game is $7.50. DLCs are also on sale if you just need to pick up one of them. I've been waiting for a couple of years to get it until the price dropped and I had a PC that could run it well, so this was finally the time for me to pull the trigger. :)
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, if anyone here doesn't have Skyrim, get it. You'll probably even have more fun than I did because there's fan patches for the DLC. You know, so you don't end up losing 6 hours of progress because the character that needed to spawn inside a green bubble spawned a few inches outside of it, permanently glitching his faction and having all of the other NPCs beat him up endlessly, making the quest impossible to complete.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Marth and I unfortunately got our copies of the Legendary Edition when it was $60, but I too agree, the time to get Skyrim is now. You haven't truly played it if you've only played it on a console, the modding community is amazing. Some of the mods are more extensive and well done than the DLC, and it's all free.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

I picked up the indie new contagion game for $3.50 today, pretty impressive. I'd buy outlast too, very fun game.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Buy the Fallout 3 Game of the year editions its currently at $11.99 which is super cheap for a full game plus all its dlcs
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Shoot, I forgot to mention the Fallout Collection the other day - it was on sale for $4.99, I think. It includes FO1, FO2, and FO Tactics. They're all very old games, and I actually haven't played them yet myself even though I purchased them a while ago, but I hear they are an absolute blast to play. The Fallout series always seems to have really good deals during the Steam sales, though, so I'm sure all the games will be available for cheap soon enough.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

I currently have fallout 2 and yes it is a "Blast" to play ;)