E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Post by RevanSithLord »

So a friend of mine had some extra cash, and bought me, herself, and another two people a copy from the 4 pack that was on sale this Christmas weekend. While the voice acting is weird to me (well, hearing a game in French with deep voices is kinda trippy to me, so...), the game really flows well. A plus side is that it's on Source. There's a lot of things you can do with Source, and E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy is certainly an example of fine development. The AI can be a little dodgy sometimes, but all games have their AI problems. The game really is interesting in many different ways in which I cannot describe.

I believe a game like this should not be based on looks alone...and should be played hands-on to see what I mean about it being interesting. The game design kind of reminds me of a mix between Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex, with a bit of Killzone thrown in there (some of the enemy troops look like Helghast, or at least remind me of them, despite me never having played Killzone...), also feels like there's some Japanese and Greek style things in there too. It really is a mixed package...

The best parts, I think, are the RPG elements and the fact it has coop so you can play with your friends (and a solo campaign, which I am playing at the moment. :p). If you're on the edge about it still, I guess you could find some videos on YouTube about it. Overall I like it. At first, it's a bit confusing, but there are tutorial videos in-game that you can watch to kind of understand more about the mechanics. There are enough weapons and classes to keep the game fresh, I think. So, it's pretty fun. Can be annoying at times, but all games have their annoyances somewhere.

I recommend people here to at least give it a bit of a try. Right now it's on sale on Steam for $4.99 USD, so it's 50% off. It was 75% when my friend got it, so try and get it when you can if interested.

Peace out people.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Post by Fingerfood »

Yeah, it definitely is...interesting. I've had it for a while but didn't get too far into it. I've been playing more recently, and it really is nice. There are things about it which are weird and clunky, but overall the feel is cool and unique.

I'd say you should just buy it and see for yourself. It's cheap right now on Steam, and you can't really describe it besides playing it.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Post by RevanSithLord »

Fingerfood wrote:Yeah, it definitely is...interesting. I've had it for a while but didn't get too far into it. I've been playing more recently, and it really is nice. There are things about it which are weird and clunky, but overall the feel is cool and unique.

I'd say you should just buy it and see for yourself. It's cheap right now on Steam, and you can't really describe it besides playing it.
Indeed my friend, indeed. I am a level 15 Equilibrium Fist right now. I've been concentrating on pistols, smgs/machine pistols, and sniper rifles in terms of my inventory. For silenced take downs I use the B.O.S.C.O realy 911. For direct assaults I go with TRK A.D for some .50 caliber goodness. But the BOSCO with its .308 is good enough for many things - I typically use it for assassinations...and I prefer it for stealth missions. Sadly I don't have a cloak yet, so I'm spotted fairly easy at the moment, but my BOSCO comes in handy for most occasions, so all is well.

The RPG elements really are refreshing. I play on normal and so far I have died quite a bit (but it's because I tend to get overwhelmed and when I bug out, I typically have fantastic luck in running head first into an enemy around the corner) and my mental stability is at 0%. So when I get damaged heavily, my character sinks into paranoia/insanity, even though a quick fix from the maintenance key does the trick to fix that. I have to work on getting that back up. PSI attacks are easy to get through to me. Also, still trying to nail the hacking mechanics in the game too. I only got hacked once by a terminal, but was able to dehack myself. I for the most part am good with hacking terminals. When I was voice chatting with a friend over Skype, he tried hacking, and all I heard was tons of profanities....rage much?

But yeah, fun game. Maybe people here who have it could play with me in a coop game sometime. Might be fun.