TF2 update....

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Re: TF2 update....

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I've been playing there, and haven't seen him.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Server needs like 10 people before he starts showing.
Hidden/Spoiler:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Horse ... _Horsemann
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Oooooh, that would explain it. We only had max of 4.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Got the metal, but I'm having trouble finding the gifts....got confused at one point since a "ghost" present appeared in one area, and I thought I was getting it.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

You have to wait for it to fully materialize to get it. The wiki has a map with all the spots.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I just found a bunch of them today, it's funny actually, I really suck at finding this stuff, I just randomly stumble upon the gifts while I'm minding my business. I found one when I was simply running away from the Blu team, one of my friends said to me "hey you found it!" and I was like "no I didn't, I didn't see anything" then all of a sudden I have a Spy Mask. It baffles me.

It seems like I have the ability to randomly walk into gifts while they are materializing, and I'm not even trying to find them. :P
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Yay! I beat the HHH, including once with a melee! And found a gift. And unlocked several achievements.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Solid. I hope they update the blog tonight.

EDIT: Blog post updated. That comic is fantastic.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6633
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Yep, apparently we will be fighting a haunted floating eye called Monoculus and collecting gifts to earn halloween costumes, and that is likely what we saw in the previous picture related to the update, that must have been the Pyro's costume.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Sure is looking like it now. Sounds pretty status quo.

Comic was brilliant. Also changed my location to Japan for faster downloads.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

GAZE NOT UPON THE BROOM.

AND YES. THAT BROOM.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

The update is live.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Killed the floating eye, and I've got a few presents on top of that. :D Now all's I need to do is get the Bombinomicon and craft the Saxton Hale mask; the latter is going to be extremely difficult, seeing how I can't seem to find gifts at the manor.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Nice. Pretty good to get all that. I haven't gotten a present yet. I got both achievements in one go tonight. Pretty happy about that. I have the Hale mask, but got it in a trade.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Got both the achievements (and the scared stiff achievement, now I just need Costume Contest, which appears to be glitched... anyone wanna help me with that one?). Getting the Bombinomicon is pretty simple, just make sure you're around the eye when it's dead and jump through the red portal. I actually got that one before I killed the darned thing.

As for the gifts, the server I was playing on had gifts screwed up, so they weren't spawning, and by the time I switched servers, I just didn't care any more, so I've only got one spy costume item.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Got both the achievements (and the scared stiff achievement, now I just need Costume Contest, which appears to be glitched... anyone wanna help me with that one?). Getting the Bombinomicon is pretty simple, just make sure you're around the eye when it's dead and jump through the red portal. I actually got that one before I killed the darned thing.

As for the gifts, the server I was playing on had gifts screwed up, so they weren't spawning, and by the time I switched servers, I just didn't care any more, so I've only got one spy costume item.
You have to get a bit lucky with the Costume Contest; I blew up a pumpkin that killed a Spy next to it I was unaware of. It's getting a bit annoying to get the Bombinomicon, since most people have the achievement, they're content to let Monoculus rampage around; I did nearly get into the red portal, though. Really frustrating...
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I got my Bombinomicon already, but I still try to help people who make it to loot island. I often jump in with them as a Demoman and stay behind by the docks to kill anyone from the opposite team who makes it through, because otherwise, they will shoot and kill us (it happened to me three times while I was climbing the stairs). The truce is over as soon as we get to the other side of that portal. :P

I'm liking this update, Monoculus is a surprisingly balanced boss, every single projectile he shoots does critical damage, but it is possible to dodge them and he has a reasonable ammount of health. I really like how he only stays in the map for a minute and a half, it gives it a sense of urgency, you have to be bold and swift to take him down. Oh and I love how it doesn't disrupt the flow of the match. HHH was cool, but once he appeared he would rampage around the mansion grounds, killing everyone indiscriminately, and he would never go away.

I've lost count of how many times I failed to capture a control point with my team-mates just because HHH decided to come and greet us with his giant haunted axe of death. Monoculus on the other hand makes the CP uncapturable, so it's no big deal, and besides that it will be gone in a few minutes.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

It's also annoying when people kill you in the underworld. Should be more of a team enough, but whatever, douchebags are douchebags.

HHH and Eyeborg thing on the same map is insane. Hahaha
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Got the Bombinomicon, pretty much the only thing I need to do is craft the Saxton Hale mask, but that's kind of hard to do, seeing how finding the the gifts is not my strong point. I was able to get a few Halloween costume parts, but not enough for a full set for anybody.