Dino D-Day free weekend, 50% off on Monday

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Dino D-Day free weekend, 50% off on Monday

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Hey, just wondering if anyone will get that game on monday too, I just downloaded the free version over the weekend and I have to say it's pretty cool and fun to play, especially if you get the german quotes too. :P

Link

I'd recommend it, it's a more fun "what-if" war, but I can understand why some people won't like this game too.
Anyway, if you don't know it yet, give it a look. :D
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: Dino D-Day free weekend, 50% off on Monday

Post by Fingerfood »

I played it for like an hour, and it's surprisingly really cool and fun. I especially love how it uses the L4D version of Source, that really caught me off guard.

I think I'll pick this up along with Chantelise this weekend.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

It's using the Source engine from Day of Defeat: Source, not Left 4 Dead; if I am correct, which I am almost positive I am, Left 4 Dead doesn't use the Source engine.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Marth8880 wrote:It's using the Source engine from Day of Defeat: Source, not Left 4 Dead; if I am correct, which I am almost positive I am, Left 4 Dead doesn't use the Source engine.
Ha haha. Unless I'm incredibly mistaken and the past three years of my life have been lies, both L4Ds use the Source engine (Albeit an updated version) and unless they specifically tweaked Day of Defeat's engine to look identical to L4D(2?)'s engine, it uses that as well.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just checked the file structure, and it seems DDD uses the Alien Swarm version of the engine.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Marth8880 wrote:if I am correct, which I am almost positive I am, Left 4 Dead doesn't use the Source engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead#Development
Left 4 Dead uses the latest version of Valve's Source engine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_engine
Source is a 3D game engine developed by Valve Corporation. It debuted in June 2004 with Counter-Strike: Source and shortly thereafter Half-Life 2. Other notable games using the engine include first-person shooters Day of Defeat: Source, Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2, the physics sandbox Garry's Mod, first-person action RPG games Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Dino D-Day, the first-person puzzle games Portal & Portal 2, first-person beat-em-up Zeno Clash and the MMORPG Vindictus developed by NEXON.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

GAH. I was so excited for this and it's not letting me get it free. -_-
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Ah, it was just not developed by Valve (I think...again), and all I was going off of about the engine was the camera view thing when you die and I didn't feel like checking to verify.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Yeah. Not developed by Valve, but by an 800 North and Digital Ranch group, according to the Steam Store page.

Also, although Day of Defeat did have killcams on death, apparently they based it off of TF2's killcam/freezecam (See here)

Anyway, as for actual game discussion, what do you guys prefer playing as? I rather like playing infantry better, specifically sniper. I really like the feeling of the guns. They're done pretty well, and really feel like WWII firearms.