Team Fortress 2 = Free

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Re: Team Fortress 2 = Free

Post by GangsterJawa »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:The huntsman is more the up-close-and-personal sniper weapon. The distance where they CAN'T get out of the way in time. Because if you charge in with your sniper rifle, unstopped you're only doing about 50 damage. The huntsman can pull off around 100
haha true. Also flaming arrow goodness.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Moving_Target wrote:I have one friend whose laptop died and hasn't been on steam since last summer, so I've been idling his account and shipping over this items. Don't know how you guys feel about idling.
Normally I don't see the point in idling, "just play the game" I used to say, but that's alright, I know how it is like to have your gaming pc broken for a long time, and I think he will be happy to see a whole bunch of new items in his account when he comes back.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Crafting karma screws you over like none other.
Ohh hoho, don't even tell me about crafting karma, I'm still upset about my last attempt at crafting a random melee weapon for the Pyro, I figured it was worth a shot, there was a 50% chance that I would get either a Sharpened Volcano Fragment (which I am trying to craft), or an Axtinguisher (which I need in order to craft the Volcano Fragment) or a Red Faction Maul as a consolation prize. I got an effing Homewrecker, which I already had from the start.

I will never do the random weapon thing again, it's too much of a gamble for someone like me, who already has most weapons.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Actually, I've been having another friend move those items to my account to craft with. I leave anything heavy related for my friend that doesn't have his laptop.

The friend that helps me move stuff, I help him. He's got like 5 other friends who don't play idle.

Originally I wasn't a fair, especially since it was a 3rd party program to do it. But now it doesn't bother that much. I'll never do it with my account though.

But to each their own. Anyone get any of the summer stuff?
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I realized the other day that TF2 is available for Mac OSX as well, so I'm downloading it as I type since I have enough disk space on the Mac side of my laptop. :)

Edit: Tried out the training missions for the Soldier. The game definitely has its charm. I'm not really into online multi-player games, but I have a feeling TF2 will grow on me. At any rate, it was free, and it will be good when I just want to play a fun, goofy game. :)
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

Is there anyway to download this in a compressed form? It says it's 9GB, but since I have a Verizon mobile device, I can only download 5GB of data a month.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Wow, that sucks. Not that I'm aware of.

And looks like I was off on the every thursday a new grocket to be found.