Best game $5 and under?

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Best game $5 and under?

Post by MileHighGuy »

I have five dollars left, and i want to spend it wisely. What are the best games within my budget?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Best game $5 and under?

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

If you're going for XBox, Beat Hazard is great, The Impossible Game is awesome and it's $1, same with just about all of the best XBL indie games. For PC, I don't know any really good ones for 5 dollars or less, except the Impossible Game.
Thire
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thire »

Why would he post in the Steam forums if he was going for XBL games?
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Get 5 more dollars and play Magicka, or 7.50 more and get that plus all the expansions. Trust me it's worth it.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Personally, if you have $5, I'd wait for a sale. Sometimes some of the better $15 games will go down to $5.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Thire wrote:Why would he post in the Steam forums if he was going for XBL games?
Didn't see that. Also there's a button on steam that tells you every game that's $5 or under.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
Thire wrote:Why would he post in the Steam forums if he was going for XBL games?
Didn't see that. Also there's a button on steam that tells you every game that's $5 or under.
I know about that but you dont truly know if a game is good until you buy it. Thats why I am asking.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

MileHighGuy wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
I know about that but you dont truly know if a game is good until you buy it. Thats why I am asking.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?s ... rice=0%2C5

Games under $5, sorted by Metascores, highest one first.
The very top of the list? Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
I think all of us would highly recommend it (though you might want to check the forums to see if there are any compatibility issues with certain systems).

Although I still think you should wait for a Steam sale. Now that they have daily ones, you're bound to find something that you KNOW you'll enjoy for $5 or less, rather than taking someone's word for it. For example, today and today only, the rather popular Far Cry is only $2.50 rather than its usual $10.
Last edited by Twilight_Warrior on Thu May 26, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Thanks for your feedback guys! I couldn't resist today's sale so i bought Far Cry 2 for $5.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Although I still think you should wait for a Steam sale. Now that they have daily ones, you're bound to find something that you KNOW you'll enjoy for $5 or less, rather than taking someone's word for it. For example, today and today only, the rather popular Far Cry is only $2.50 rather than its usual $10.
MileHighGuy wrote:Thanks for your feedback guys! I couldn't resist today's sale so i bought Far Cry 2 for $5.
*checks TW's edit time*
*checks MHG's post time*

I'm frikin psychic.