Half-Life 2/Source Mods Discussion Thread

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Half-Life 2/Source Mods Discussion Thread

Post by Hebes24 »

'Cause we apparently need one. Talk about anything HL2/Source mod related here.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: Half-Life 2/Source Mods Discussion Thread

Post by Fingerfood »

:P
*is happy*
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Garry's mod is overrated. That is all.

No, wait. . .

. . . yep, that's all
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Teancum wrote:Garry's mod is overrated. That is all.

No, wait. . .

. . . yep, that's all
Pfft.

True Garry's Mod is a bit too overrated, but it is still extremely fun. I still can't figure out why it's supposed to be funny... :?

Now for some Source Mods.

Well we're on the topic, Garry's Mod.

Garry's Mod is a building, creation device. No actual goal or objective to reach, but more of a fun free for all game. You can do anything from spawning hundreds of props, to building a car, to killing mass numbers of NPCs, to doing it all over again. With over 30 tools and more being made every day, Garry's Mod has practically endless possibilities. You can spawn balloons, tie something down with a rope, set it on fire, make it explode, and all kinds of other things. Garry's Mod binds most of Valve's Source engine games together all in one place.

Requirements:
$10 (Purchase price in US dollars)
Source SDK
Lots of Valve Source engine games

GoldenEye: Source

Based on the N64 game by Rare, GoldenEye: Source is an online multiplayer experience pulled from the N64 game itself. With levels from the singleplayer and multiplayer modes, you can knock each other off from the Cradle, go hunting in the Facility, and much more! :P GoldenEye: Source possesses many weapons from the game plus some new ones. Don the Golden Gun to eliminate your enemies instantly, or get some mines to cover an area. Then team up on a player who's dominating and dominate them! A fun multiplayer experience whatever your level, whether you've played the original or not. Definitely worth a try.

Requirements:
Source SDK

I think that's enough for right now. :wink:
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

I guess this can be for funny/interesting stories about playing mods too?
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Caleb1117 wrote:I guess this can be for funny/interesting stories about playing mods too?
Well, It is a Discussion thread...

SourceForts

Quite fun if you have some patience and skill with the gravity gun. It's divided up into two phases; the build phase and the attack phase. In the build phase, you can spawn a certain number of blocks to defend and protect your flag. You can reach new areas, block the enemy from getting your flag, make defense for yourself, anything. Then in the attack phase, you can pick from 5 different classes and attack the enemy's base trying to get their flag and return it to your base. It gets really fun and interesting.